Applying for Non-O retirement (pension) USA

This is mainly directed to Ubonjoe. Next month I am coming to BKK on 30-day visa exemption, I want to start the process for my retirement visa. I will apply for the Non-0 for 90-days, and then get the one year extension based on retirement after the 90 days. I will need to return to my country during this 90 day, so can I get a multiple entry visa to cover for this?

You need to apply for the extension *within* the 90 days permission-to-stay of that the Non-Immigrant O, not "after the 90 days."

If you want to make a trip out of Thailand during the 90 days and return before the 90 days are up, you need to pay for a re-entry permit before you depart.  There is no multi-entry version of the Non-Immigrant O visa issued within Thailand which is used to change from a 30-day visa exemption to a retirement extension.

i did the conversion to non imm O at chaeng wattana (CW) earlier this year.  you have to apply with at least 15 days left on your visa exempt entry.  it will require two visits to CW.  visit 1 to drop off documents and visit 2 to get non imm O stamp in passport.  during visit 1, they will give you a receipt which tells you what day to come back to get the stamp (about two weeks later, which is why they want you to come with at least 15 days left on your permitted stay).  i didn't wait long at all during either visit.

the 90 day non imm O will start the day of your first visit, even though the stamp is put in during the second visit.  right next to the 'change visa' section (area C), you can get a single or multi rentry permit.  so you could get the rentry permit the same day as you get the non imm O stamp.  then you apply for the 12 month extension when you have 30 days or less left on your 90 day entry via the non immo O.

will you be using the income method or the money in the bank method ?  i used money in the bank, i regret not using the income method (letter from US embassy).

8 hours ago, likeke said:

I will need to return to my country during this 90 day, so can I get a multiple entry visa to cover for this?

The visa is only good for an entry on the date it is issued.

As said you can get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht to keep the remainder of the 90 day entry from the visa valid when you re-enter the country.

12 hours ago, likeke said:

I will apply for the Non-0 for 90-days, and then get the one year extension based on retirement after the 90 days. I will need to return to my country during this 90 day, so can I get a multiple entry visa to cover for this?

You seem to be overly complicating what you need to do.

If you're entering on a visa exempt entry, you get 30 days plus that can be extended at an immigrations office for an extra 30  days if needed . Go to the US as planned and get the non-imm O (or a non-imm O-A for that matter) while there. Return to Thailand and before the 90 day non-imm O entry ends you go to immigrations and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement (it is not a visa),

If you got a non-imm O-A you would get a full year before needing to apply for the extension and if you exit and return before the visa expires you'll get a second year before needing to apply for the extension.

If, instead,  you go ahead with your plan as outlined in your O/P,  and if (during the 90 day entry you obtained by converting to a non-imm O at immigrations) you want to travel to the US, you just get a re-entry permit at an immigration office or the airport. When you return to Thailand you use the re-entry permit number on the arrival card where it asks for visa number.

Up to 30 days (at some offices up to 45 days) before the 90 day entry ends, you apply at your immigration office for the extension of stay based on retirement. Regardless of when you apply, the extension will start from the day your 90 day permission ends.

Edited by Suradit69

Perhaps he is not living near one of them since they have to be applied for in person at most of them.

The Portland Oregon honorary consulate may still be honoring mail in applications. A quick call to Mary, at the number advertised on their website, would clarify their latest procedures.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He could at one of the honorary consulates. http://thaiembdc.org/royal-thai-honorary-consulates-general-in-the-u-s/

Perhaps he is not living near one of them since they have to be applied for in person at most of them.

I believe the Retirement Visa is only available at the Royal Consulates or Royal Embassies in the U.S., is it not? I applied for mine and recieved it at LA last year.

20 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

I believe the Retirement Visa is only available at the Royal Consulates or Royal Embassies in the U.S., is it not? I applied for mine and recieved it at LA last year.

O-A visas are one thing. 

Single entry 90 day O visas are another.

I reckon you're talking about O-A visas.

UJ was talking about O visas. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, Jingthing said:

O-A visas are one thing. 

Single entry 90 day O visas are another.

I reckon you're talking about O-A visas.

UJ was talking about O visas. 

yep...you are exactly right and so was UJ