US Thai groups to demand bodies’ retrieval

webfact

26 minutes ago, oldgent said:

did,nt stop the Brave Firefighters going into the Twin Towers maybe the country boys

are not so brave

To save people who where alive, yes!  These people were dead pretty much the moment they hit bottom (500 ft drop straight down into ice cold water) and we all know it.  Please don't talk shit about what you don't know.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

To save people who where alive, yes!  These people were dead pretty much the moment they hit bottom (500 ft drop straight down into ice cold water) and we all know it.  Please don't talk shit about what you don't know.

and you are 100% sure they were dead  you don,t know what you are talking about

30 minutes ago, oldgent said:

didn't stop the Brave Firefighters going into the Twin Towers maybe the country boys are not so brave

the firefighters in the twin towers had to rescue  living people - not retrieve dead bodies - and what happened in the twin towers was unknown of at that time

they were not prepared

5 minutes ago, oldgent said:

If they weren't dead then hitting the bottom then they were dead for sure when the car was detected - in that weather conditions

judging from your comment I guess you would even try to resuscitate a mummy

Edited by sweatalot

37 minutes ago, oldgent said:

did,nt stop the Brave Firefighters going into the Twin Towers maybe the country boys

are not so brave

My god, you are thick.

Fire fighters run into blazes to save lives. They are heros for their bravery.

The Thais in the car are dead. Why risk more lives to pull two dead people from a car when they can wait and do it safely?

Lastly, all this outrage for a single Thai accident abroad when they give zero fecks about the 1000s of accidents here every year. It's absurd. How many people have died in Thailand on the roads since these two crashed and not a peep was made about any of them. If anything, this shows their deep rooted feelings towards all things foreign.

Just now, oldgent said:

You obviously have never been to this part of the world.  I lived most of my life in CA and have visited Kings Canyon area many many times (very beautiful).  A 500 ft drop straight down would pretty much kill them (obviously not familiar how deep this is), the car was found some ways in the rushing river away from where they hit the water, tumbling in the water.  The water is only a few degrees above freezing, maybe about 4-5 minutes tops before hypothermia would kill them. These are conditions that do not exist in Thailand.  Enough on this subject, while I sympathize with the family, this is a body recovery and should not jeopardize any more lives.

8 minutes ago, oldgent said:

They went down and saw they were dead. However, the water is too rough to continue with the retrieval of the bodies. It's all in the media.

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

They went down and saw they were dead. However, the water is too rough to continue with the retrieval of the bodies. It's all in the media.

They did not go down, the pictures are from drones that were sent down to survey the situation.

3 minutes ago, dcnx said:

where did you get that one from. who were they ?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, geez. The families are way ahead of you. They've already accepted the reality that they're dead.

of course they are dead if they were still alive for a short time for

sure the extreme conditions would have taken there toll .the poster said that

THEY went down and seen they were dead. Drphibes explained it in his post.

your loosing the plot Jingthing

5 minutes ago, oldgent said:

of course they are dead if they were still alive for a short time for

sure the extreme conditions would have taken there toll .the poster said that

THEY went down and seen they were dead. Drphibes explained it in his post.

your loosing the plot Jingthing

Yeah, I'm losing the plot.

Is your agenda here some kind of anti-American thing? 

It's not coming off as sincere. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I'm losing the plot.

Is your agenda here some kind of anti-American thing? 

It's not coming off as sincere. 

nope nothing to do with anti American, my point is things should have been handled

in a more respectful and diplomatic way. 

Just now, oldgent said:

nope nothing to do with anti American, my point is things should have been handled

in a more respectful and diplomatic way. 

I'm not buying it. You've suggested they should go in when they've determined it's too dangerous. That's outrageous. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not buying it. You've suggested they should go in when they've determined it's too dangerous. That's outrageous. 

get this i hate American out of the discussion its not in my thinking, I like Americans but don,t like them all. I will say again The professionals as you state should at least have tried and then determined that it was to dangerous rather than standing at the top of the ravine saying o its too dangerous. 

You'd have to have a case of a VIP American dead body in a similar canyon with similar river conditions to prove your case. You can't. 

Also, I don't think there are any political sensitivities with Thais in the USA. They aren't being discriminated against based on being Thai. I think if they were from Pakistan, it would be more sensitive. 

Don't feed the Troll!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, oldgent said:

get this i hate American out of the discussion its not in my thinking, I like Americans

but don,t like them all. I will say again The professionals as you state should at least have

tried and then determined that it was to dangerous rather than standing at the top of the ravine

saying o its too dangerous. 

In your opinion, how many rescuers should be allowed to risk their lives (or lose their lives) before the attempted rescue can be proven to be too dangerous?

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

In your opinion, how many rescuers should be allowed to risk their lives (or lose their lives) before the attempted rescue can be proven to be too dangerous?

I am not a professional so that i can not comment on, and i am not suggesting anyone should loose there life.

1 hour ago, oldgent said:

are not so brave

An ENTIRELY different situation - surely you must realise that?

Firefighters going into the Twin Towers were dealing with an ongoing, real-time incident - trying to rescue still living people possibly trapped in the Towers; that's brave.

As regards the two Students in California the situation is totally different. Sorry to be blunt but they are long dead, and therefore there is absolutely no reason for the Recovery Teams to risk their lives until the waters and weather improve, simply to  retrieve bodies - or what's left of them after being flensed by rapidly flowing water for 2 or 3 weeks.

To attempt recovery before that is not brave - it's dumb, as the local Authorities obviously understand

Patrick

7 minutes ago, oldgent said:

get this i hate American out of the discussion its not in my thinking, I like Americans

but don,t like them all. I will say again The professionals as you state should at least have

tried and then determined that it was to dangerous rather than standing at the top of the ravine

saying o its too dangerous. 

You honestly think they just stood at the top and decided it was too dangerous?  Perhaps you haven't kept up with the news.  First, they sent drones in, then a Chinook chopper, to assess the situation.  American SAR units are some of the best in the world.  They don't express an opinion until AFTER they have assessed ALL available information.  

Get an education before you speak on things you are totally ignorant about.

38 minutes ago, oldgent said:

where did you get that one from. who were they ?

It's online. Multiple drones were sent down. 

The car was submerged under water completely with only the top of the roof exposed. Only recently it was pushed onto the rock. If the passengers survived the 500 foot fall (unlikely), they would have drown long before anyone could get to them. It's tragic but they were dead within either seconds or minutes after falling.

The cliff is a straight 500 foot drop in the middle of nowhere with raging rapids below from snow run off. You can't take a heli down, you can't boat to it, you can't swim in it. It's simply too dangerous at this point to try to remove the bodies. There is no reason anyone should be put at risk for bodies that are long dead. All they can do is observe and wait for a break in order to go down.

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

You honestly think they just stood at the top and decided it was too dangerous?  Perhaps you haven't kept up with the news.  First, they sent drones in, then a Chinook chopper, to assess the situation.  American SAR units are some of the best in the world.  They don't express an opinion until AFTER they have assessed ALL available information.  

Get an education before you speak on things you are totally ignorant about.

yes im sure the American SAR are some of the best in the world and yes i don,t know all the facts

if a Chopper was able to get in then why was,nt an attempt made to retrive the bodies

23 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Americans value life more than Thais do. That's why they are not taking unnecessary risks.

The Thais want to throw caution to the wind and risk the lives of the rescue team because they do not value the lives of others.

Edit: for clarity.

Edited by dcnx

2 minutes ago, oldgent said:

yes im sure the American SAR are some of the best in the world and yes i don,t know all the facts

if a Chopper was able to get in then why was,nt an attempt made to retrive the bodies

This is not a scene from a movie.

Real experts have calculated that any attempt to retrieve bodies under these conditions is likely to result in fatalities.