Iranian boxer fined after getting 25 stitches in Khao San bar bottle attack

webfact

Iranian boxer fined after getting 25 stitches in Khao San bar bottle attack

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- An Iranian boxer went to complain to Chana Songkhram police yesterday after he said he was attacked for no reason at a Khao San Road bar on Saturday night.

He was fined along with staff involved in the brawl.

Behzad Rafigh Doust, 34, who is a Thai boxer, said he had gone to the bar with four other friends at 11pm. When the bar was about to close he went to the toilet but said he found the way blocked by a staff member who claimed he had not had a drink there.

Behzad picked up a bottle that the staff member manged to get from him. He then smacked the staff member in the face breaking a tooth.

A melee ensued in which Behzad was hit with a bottle. This required 25 stitches at Ratchathewi Hospital.

Police told Sanook that they had investigated and fined both the boxer and staff over the incident.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-29

When the bar was about to close he went to the toilet but said he found the way blocked by a staff member who claimed he had not had a drink there. Behzad picked up a bottle that the staff member manged to get from him. He then smacked the staff member in the face breaking a tooth.

What does he complain about?
He has begun with physical violence.
Fine him and throw him out of the country.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

When the bar was about to close he went to the toilet but said he found the way blocked by a staff member who claimed he had not had a drink there. Behzad picked up a bottle that the staff member manged to get from him. He then smacked the staff member in the face breaking a tooth.

Stories like this is hard to ge the truth unless there's good cctv or reliable witnesses. 

Either he was attacked first and thats why he went to the cops.

Or he started it but the cops came to the scene and he lied to the cops blaming the incident on the guard.

I dunno man,, but it feels really ignorant to pass judgement without knowing what happened. 

I mean media cant be trusted, at all. I mean the ny times say mcgregor was completely bloodied by mayweather.. I didnt see a drop of blood.

3 hours ago, Wilson1957 said:

The story is not really clear. It says that the Iranian hit the thai first with a bottle. So?  Throw him out of the country 

It doesn't say that...

Maybe try reading it again. 

They tried this shit with me in Bkk when I had not only bought drinks and paid admission already, but was on my way back in to pick up one of the girls after her shift. 

In what amounted to a shakedown for a 100 baht the "bouncer" had to later get help from guys at neighboring bars after I explained he was an idiot and a thief, all true, before I left and monkey boy tried jumping me and knocking me down the stairs from behind and it didn't work out so well for him.  When I returned with the police it cost them each a ride to the police station along with their manager to post 1000thb fine each, not to mention the price of all the beer I didn't buy there anymore. 

No bottle involved. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

When the bar was about to close he went to the toilet but said he found the way blocked by a staff member who claimed he had not had a drink there.

And another source (not to be linked here) says that he refused to pay 20 Baht for the toilet.

Not had a drink and asked for 20 Baht makes sense to me.

7 hours ago, Wilson1957 said:

The story is not really clear. It says that the Iranian hit the thai first with a bottle. So?  Throw him out of the country 

"Behzad picked up a bottle that the staff member manged to get from him. He then smacked the staff member in the face breaking a tooth."

The way I read it is that the staff member took the bottle off him, but he then "smacked  the staff member in the face breaking a tooth." 

So? In the ensuing melee the staff member then hit HIM with a bottle causing him to require 25 stitches

Edited by sambum

The story as written does identify the Iranian as having started the fight (after a staff member takes his bottle).  But I too am dubious of the version of things we get this way.  But then again, for all we really know, the Iranian actually may have not have been drinking in the bar and just wandered in with his friends but not buying anything, and that's how the whole thing started.  Who knows?   My take on it is that it's just a tale of some thugs finding each other...

'Wonder how much the fine was...

Sanbum thats how I read it also,sounds about right,coward blocks his way wont listen to facts,starts the problem gets a smack and broken tooth,THEN hits the customer with the bottle.Should be jailed and banned from this type of work,cannot be told something unless it suits his way of thinking,unfortunately one of many with a pea sized brain,if you could call it a brain at all.

12 hours ago, johnefallis said:

It doesn't say that...

They tried this shit with me in Bkk when I had not only bought drinks and paid admission already, but was on my way back in to pick up one of the girls after her shift. 

In what amounted to a shakedown for a 100 baht the "bouncer" had to later get help from guys at neighboring bars after I explained he was an idiot and a thief, all true, before I left and monkey boy tried jumping me and knocking me down the stairs from behind and it didn't work out so well for him.  When I returned with the police it cost them each a ride to the police station along with their manager to post 1000thb fine each, not to mention the price of all the beer I didn't buy there anymore. 

No bottle involved. 

12 hours ago, johnefallis said:

It doesn't say that...

No bottle involved. 

Same happened to me. Only i fought off 40 of them.

14 hours ago, patrick kennedy said:

Sanbum thats how I read it also,sounds about right,coward blocks his way wont listen to facts,starts the problem gets a smack and broken tooth,THEN hits the customer with the bottle.Should be jailed and banned from this type of work,cannot be told something unless it suits his way of thinking,unfortunately one of many with a pea sized brain,if you could call it a brain at all.

so:

if someone doesn't "listen to facts" that gives you the right to give someone a smack and break his tooth ?

and who is the coward here?

The employee, who is just following the directions of the business owner - or the one, who is smashing a bottle over someone's head for a mere 20 baht?

ever heard of "householder's rights" ???

On 29/08/2017 at 1:32 PM, tomacht8 said:

Like all m####me he's been brought up to claim victimhood whatever the circumstances.