Siriraj private wing experiences/procedures

siam2007

Hi all,

in what seems a very complicated and mysterious matter, I need to undergo a series of neurological tests (QSART, SSR, HR variability, tilt table test, thermoregulatory sweat test).

The neurologist (the third one I saw after months of uncertainty, poor me did not find that guy earlier even I recently discovered that his name has been mentioned here earlier,  actually I always search this forum particularly for Sheryl's helpful advice)  at a very reputable private hospital in BKK told me that they do not have the equipment to do all those tests at their hospital and recommended to go to Chula or Siriraj to get it done. As my Thai is not good enough to discuss complicated medical topics and due to that mysterious illness I can not be in an non-AC environment for long, I plan to go to the private wing of Siriraj rather than the Chula or Siriraj government hospital section.

Does anyone have experience with that place? They do have an English version of their homepage which actually looks good, and they mention:

"You can find information and check physician's time table at our website www.siphhospital.com" ,

but in fact there are no physicians or timetables to be found, at least not on the English version website.

I have sent them an email (as it is a 2.5+ hrs journey for me to get there) and asked them for a quote for all those test, but I doubt I will get a reply.

Did anybody use Siriraj private wing recently ? Is it easy to get appointments to see a Doc or do medical tests on short notice? How are the prices like? Some said about 20% less than other private hospitals. Do they speak enough English at the private wing? I am aware that eventually I may need to go there in person just to inquire or get an appointment confirmed, but if I undergo this 5-6 hrs action, I at least want to be well-prepared and not waste my time.

Thanks for any input

A number of TV members have used it with good reports.

Best way to communicate with them is usually be a call to their call center 1474

Usually possible to see pretty much all docs on staff at Siriraj there. Can your current neurologist not recommend one by name? Also, you need to get a medical summary from him listing the tests he thinks necessary, that will save a lot of time.

If you are thinking to just go have the tests without first seeing a doctor, that is not going to be possible - tests such as these would need to be ordered b ya neurologist on staff. Hence the value of a letter from your current neurologist.

Costs ate Siriraj private wing indeed run about 20% less than the more expensive private hospitals. However some of these tests would likely need to be done at Siriraj itself, with only the consultation at the private wing.  I really can't say re the cost for these tests.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A number of TV members have used it with good reports.

Best way to communicate with them is usually be a call to their call center 1474

Usually possible to see pretty much all docs on staff at Siriraj there. Can your current neurologist not recommend one by name? Also, you need to get a medical summary from him listing the tests he thinks necessary, that will save a lot of time.

If you are thinking to just go have the tests without first seeing a doctor, that is not going to be possible - tests such as these would need to be ordered b ya neurologist on staff. Hence the value of a letter from your current neurologist.

Costs ate Siriraj private wing indeed run about 20% less than the more expensive private hospitals. However some of these tests would likely need to be done at Siriraj itself, with only the consultation at the private wing.  I really can't say re the cost for these tests.

Thanks for your reply Sheryl.

Unfortunately, the Doc I saw at a private hospital did graduate from Chula, hence he doesn't know much about the neurologists at Siriraj.

He already mailed me a detailed medical summary, this is why I emailed Siriraj and inquired about the price of those five tests I mentioned in my original post.

I doubt this can be done over the phone calling their 1474 hotline.

Probably I have no other option than to go there in person only to inquire about the prices and make an appointment to get those tests done. I plan to return to the neurologist I saw at the other private hospital as his approach was excellent and he actually listened to me and even asked me more about my symptoms and history. Trained in US for many years and still has strong ties there as I could see from his FB page. All others I have seen before basically just sent me away, telling me I am okay and trying to sell me expensive anti-depressant medications

You are going to have to make an appointment with a neurologist there.

As explained, these tests will have to be ordered by a doctor there. These are not tests you can just request.

The summary from your neurologist will help ensure the neurologist you see there orders the tests, but does not remove the need to see one.

Just going there in person without an appointment and talking to the clerks etc isn't going to help.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:49 PM, oldcarguy said:

I have been to Siriraj  , it is crazy busy , but my friend I was visiting got very good care ,

it is a very large place so make sure you know what area you need to go to ,

Good Luck

I believe you are talking about the general public hospital and not about the private wing...... ?

Archived