“I’m American, I do what I want”: Bizarre rant of American actor caught on camera in Big C Pattaya

rooster59

13 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

If it was not for america you would be speaking Japanese right now. LOL.

I hope you were being sarcastic. I remember working with an American many years ago and there wouldn't be a day go past when he reminded us of the world's indebtedness to the USA for something that ended 72 years ago. You still hear it now when some old ex-pats gather for lunch or a drink.

I'm grateful that my grandchildren will grow up within a generation of people that will not be subject to this continuing barrage of obligation.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, newatthis said:

I hope you were being sarcastic. I remember working with an American many years ago and there wouldn't be a day go past when he reminded us of the world's indebtedness to the USA for something that ended 72 years ago. You still hear it now when some old ex-pats gather for lunch or a drink.

I'm grateful that my grandchildren will grow up within a generation of people that will not be subject to this continuing barrage of obligation.

Many Americans died in the second world war ,and were very brave , but if any one of them came out with that old chestnut about how they saved us ,i would remind them that not only did they only come into the war against Germany after Japan invaded them first , but that Britain  in fact stood up and fought them all for years before America. who did not want to go to war ,but charged us billions of pounds for old ships and weapons and kept on charging us for them until a few years ago . 

so while i have a lot of respect for my American friends , it was not them that saved us at all . in fact over the years they seem to have dragged us into every one of their conflicts ,thanks to the likes of that traitor Blair and co

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

the yank was just taking the piss and if anything looked like he was trying to keep his calm. i didn't see any pushing in just some frog trying to get in his face with a camera over a few too many items at the check out. big deal. some petty  crap over here 555

He did nothing wrong. leave him alone. now if we could stop rude Thai people from cutting in line that would be great!

20 hours ago, joeyg said:

I'm American.  First came to Thailand 1971 US military.  Just kept coming back. Took early retirement here 3 years ago.  Sadly what your saying is pretty accurate.  However I find that's true of most expats.  Seems Americans are a rare breed here these days.

Yes... I agree with you.  Seems Thailand attracts a certain kind of person.  Americans are not the only ones that behave badly.. my own British people are often in trouble too... but I think that the American ones stand out the most... not because of their behaviour is any worse than other nationalities, but because the tend to be so LOUD about it so they get noticed more.  

5 hours ago, travelman6 said:

Well, he is definitely what I would call " THE UGLY AMERICAN" 

I am an American and I would NOT claim him as one of mine.

I am the foreigner in Thailand and I NEVER loose sight of that fact.

He is a good american. That has been abused here, By thai visa he should sue. get your facts straight. Before you comment.

First off, change "farang" to 'people'...... I've lived in Thailand 20 yrs and have more 'locals' treat me and fellow 'locals' like this more times than I can remember.

Secondly, please send this "azzwipe 'American' " my direction and I'd be happy to "clean up mess on aisle 5" with his face. There is also a chance he is not American, I have told people is am German, Australian, Canadian, British and probable a few other nationalities over the years. Some of the times It was because I had done something stupid. 

Thirdly, " I hate '10 item' lanes.   I spend an average of ฿100,000 per week at Makro and have to wait in line for 15-20 mins every trip, while some dip-wad spends ฿399 and breezes through in minutes.

IMG_2363.PNG

On 02/09/2017 at 0:22 PM, Silurian said:

This type of line cutting happens to me all the time at the Lotus 10 or less line by Thai people. Can't just pinpoint foreigners alone for this type of behavior. These "thick faced" people just walk past the line like they don't care and dump their stuff in front of the cashier. Also, there are a number of times where "10 or less" is just a suggestion and full carts are accepted as well.

There is one thing I learn't a long time ago, Thai's 1st, farangs 2nd, that's the rule here, like it or lump it, I have learnt to accept it, suffice to say when I have a full trolley and see one or two people behind me with a couple of items, I tell them to go through before me. I am in no hurry to go anywhere, we are all going to the same place, might as well make our travel as pleasant as possible and not allow those in a hurry to get there, pee us off, the world is full of them...... Karma.

4 minutes ago, ovi1kanobi said:

He is a good american. That has been abused here, By thai visa he should sue. get your facts straight. Before you comment.

Lol! "Good" American! Most Americans are ok but this idiot is certainly not one of them. Yeah he should sue. It's not fair he's getting all this abuse because it isn't his fault he was born a wretched a person.

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There is one thing I learn't a long time ago, Thai's 1st, farangs 2nd, that's the rule here, like it or lump it, I have learnt to accept it, suffice to say when I have a full trolley and see one or two people behind me with a couple of items, I tell them to go through before me. I am in no hurry to go anywhere, we are all going to the same place, might as well make our travel as pleasant as possible and not allow those in a hurry to get there, pee us off, the world is full of them...... Karma.

Same in America,  Americans always go first. Ahead of any other nationality. Its only fair Its our country.  people not from our country can just wait.

55 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

A refreshing post, thank you.

Posts containing overly derogatory comments towards Americans have been removed as per the following forum rule:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, Silurian said:

This type of line cutting happens to me all the time at the Lotus 10 or less line by Thai people. Can't just pinpoint foreigners alone for this type of behavior. These "thick faced" people just walk past the line like they don't care and dump their stuff in front of the cashier. Also, there are a number of times where "10 or less" is just a suggestion and full carts are accepted as well.

Its happened to me also.

1 minute ago, NoBrainer said:

OK so let's add a bit more to this discussion.

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 2.32.15 AM.png

15 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

He did not cut in line he had "4 ITEMS OVER THE LIMIT"   Not a problem in Thailand. LOL.

He offers no proof whatsoever. A douchebag AND a liar!

On 9/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, Silurian said:

But it ok if thais do it Its their country. They have that right.

Mr Geoffrey has just voiced what the USA is doing for the recent past - the role of Super cop - infallible authority - exporting self-defined democracy to all countries unwilling to accept its dirty superiority- they have spoiled even English language with increased frequency of the 'f' word even in the tongue of kids.

Archived