"Look out for this lying, cheating foreign scumbag": man goes on Facebook to warn locals

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

There is a thai guy in chiangmai that hit me a couple of times a day for the last six months who is trying to get money for a fare to Lamphun, 19 km down the road.

For 10 baht I'd send him on his way :)

Certainly not good but how is it different to locals scamming not just foreigners but Thais? Because this guy is a foreigner doesn't make it worse than a local doing the same thing yet the article, although not saying gives a strong implication that only foreigners do this; they dont

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

There is a thai guy in chiangmai that hit me a couple of times a day for the last six months who is trying to get money for a fare to Lamphun, 19 km down the road.

Is that the old guy who dressed in farm worker clothes ?

He has been asking for his fare home for the last six years

I did give him 50 Baht to get home six years ago

And he asked me again the following week

I asked him why he didnt go home last week 

He said that he did go home...................and came back again

3 hours ago, jackh said:

I keep getting these girls saying "Love you long time...buy me honda". What's up with that?

The best line I ever heard was "Me love you tonight, me forget you tomorrow". A classic.

There are con men everywhere. We are all run into them. This is nothing new, nor is this interesting on any level. Just deal with it. Just say no to a con.

Years ago, I spent some time in India. This was back in the 1970's, when India was dirt poor. There were so many beggars, and some of them looked genuinely hungry. I started by giving out spare change. But, I quickly realized how many pros were working the street. So, I started carrying around a day pack, with bananas. If someone approached me, I offered them a banana, or two. If they were truly hungry, they were very grateful, and you could see it in their eyes, how much that little bit of food meant to them. If they were pros, they looked at me with scorn, and occasionally cursed me out. I did not care one iota. I had found that precious "truth meter". That was all I cared about, was being able to see through the charlatans, and being able to help the hungry. 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

There is a Thai guy who hangs out in Lumpini park around dusk who always asks for money so he can get back home to Chiang Mai. When i first arrived in BKK several years ago, I gave him 20 baht. Last week he hit me up again and I reminded him that 3 years ago he was still trying to get home to Chiang Mai. he smiled and walked away.

so " an asian scumbag " ?

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You are right, it is spreading, we got them in Pattaya too now!

Spreading real quick, got them in Udon Thani the other day, with one up the road yelling to me, massage you, happy birthday ending, I guess mama/papa/buffalo are all good, but I didn't dare stop to ask, or did I ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

5 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

Why does he not say this.......If he is indeed Singaporean, then its Asian, right?

Using Foreign man gives us a bad rep :cowboy:

Numpty. Doesn't even say he said he WAS Singaporean.. just that he asked (in English) for that Embassy, then for money. Either way, it was clearly realised that he was foreign, as it not Thai, so even someone from another Asian country (if he was) would qualify as absolutely foreign in that respect! Or is Asia one BIG country, hey, Homer? :wai:

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Exactly how do they bend over backwards to make us welcome?  

Sorry my fault carmine, I really dont know why I thought it was red nose day

The silver lining to this is, there was only two of you

Do have a nice day

Edited by oldlakey

37 minutes ago, balo said:

"Lying cheating foreign scumbag"  

That's the exact words my ex gf used when I told her I will not pay her anymore, 

Well did she actually have a watertight case, did you mention annual increments in a moment of madness

Edited by oldlakey

11 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Sorry my fault carmine, I really dont know why I thought it was red nose day

The silver lining to this is, there was only two of you

Do have a nice day

I have absolutely no idea what you you are talking about but do have a nice day too.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

:passifier:  Oh you silly little person!!!!!

Leave TV alone and toddle off to finish your homework.

carmine just let it go for goodness sake

My original post was obvious sarcasm, you did not see it as such, no problem, nobody cares it will be forgotten in about five minutes unless it becomes an issue

Just report it as off topic and the whole exchange should be removed

Personal abuse is frowned on and posting holidays are available without advance booking

Now back to the rest of the day

LOTFLMAO. What do the yellow or white Songthaews charge? I know it's 15 baht from in front of the flower market to Sankhampaeng.

There is a song that Thai ladies really love It is called " Love me for a reason the reason is love" But  Thai ladies have there own version of the song and it is called "Love me for a reason and the reason is money" Was a song put out by Donny Osmond years ago