Angry Prayut says media should ‘get over’ Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said that matters involving the Shinawatra siblings were being handled in the judicial process.

He said the best thing was to forget them and leave them to the justice system.

Yes, forget the Shinawatras, and don't ask questions about those fugitives. And Dhammakayo, and Vorayuth Yoovidhaya. And all the other fugitives from justice whose way of escaping is highly questionable. Because. Your. Questions. Make. Me. So. ANGRY!

Edited by klauskunkel

12 hours ago, webfact said:

a recent poll by King Prajadhipok’s Institute that showed fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had a higher credibility rating while in office than Prayut has now.

ouch, that has to hurt ... even this moron knows what that means. 

Angry Prayut ‘so over’ Thaksin after poll favours former PM

By THE NATION

6f60aecb47df3324582fd2c0ed071445.jpg

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s temper flared yesterday when he was asked about a recent poll by King Prajadhipok’s Institute that showed fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra had a higher credibility rating while in office than Prayut has now.

“I am so over him. But you [the media], you’re not. And you keep reporting [news] about him,” Prayut responded after first pretending not to hear the question and asking the reporter to repeat herself.

Asked whether he was also “over” his former boss – former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who is believed to have recently fled the country – the general said he was “over” everyone from conflicting parties. But that did not mean he disrespected them, he said.

“By getting over them, I mean I don’t think of them. I don’t give importance to this kind of stuff, because I’m not like they say I am,” he said.

He said he “got over” these people on his first days in office, and now he just wanted justice to prevail.

Clearly upset, Prayut continued: “I’d really like you to do the same and start asking better questions. Ask about my trip to join the BRICS meeting. Ask me if I’m tired or how much Thailand is welcome there. But you never care.”

The prime minister went on to say issues had been neglected in the past, which had resulted in people coming out into the streets to fight one another.

He asked whether the media was trying to provoke people again. Clearly irritated, Prayut said that finally the blame would be placed upon him.

Abhisit Vejjajiva, leader of the Democrat Party, who was also mentioned in the poll, said yesterday that there was a need to boost people’s faith in political parties.

The poll of more than 33,000 people 18 years old and above ranked groups with political influence. It was conducted between April 24 and May 15.

The major parties ranked low in the recent survey. The Democrat Party – which is the oldest in the country – ranked lowest at 36.3 per cent, with non-governmental organisations at 38.3 per cent, and Pheu Thai Party at 39.4 per cent.

Losing credibility

Abhisit said all political parties were in a situation where they were losing credibility.

“I have always stressed that political parties must try to regain confidence and faith among the people. Partly, it will be clearer after political activities are allowed again,” he said. “In the meantime, we can take time to think about how we will change, as the people have been dissatisfied with our work.”

The survey revealed on Tuesday that Thaksin was the most popular and credible prime minister in the past 15 years.

Thaksin’s popularity rating was highest at 87.8 per cent in 2003 while Prayut’s was 87.5 in 2015, a year after he seized power.

Although the general’s peak rating was lower than Thaksin’s by 0.3 per cent, Prayut is shown in the poll to have better popularity than Thaksin during the downturn. 

He received 84.8 per cent in 2017 while Thaksin’s plunged to 77.2 in 2006.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30325986

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-07

I would have to agree with Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha.

The media do ask some stupid questions and especially when it's about that crim who's been in exile for years now.

Well done Khun Prayuth  !     i have said before ... the media should stop regurgitating the same garbage over & over.   Thaksin is gone ... finished ... kaput.

This is idiotic! As far as politics are concerned you can't say 'get over it', it just doesn't work like that. Take a look as past American Presidents, Russian Premiers, British Prime Ministers etc. Past leaders can be role models (or the opposite) for current or new leaders. And while the junta are busy chasing Thaksin and his family how the hell can he say he is 'over them'. I mean, the junta are at least partly responsible for Thaksins for being in the news in the first place. If he was 'over them' he wouldn't get so angry when asked. Instead of blasting the media a cooler response would have been 'Who?...Oh him.' or 'Well, I don't put much faith in polls..' and the like. But no, he takes every opportunity to let his ego rage. If the poll had show the junta on top he probably would have spoken of nothing else. And of course by the same token, although Thaksin is abroad he too takes the opportunity to stir things up too so it is very unlikely that the media are going to 'over him' yet.