Pattaya police arrest 12 women from Uganda

webfact

Pattaya police round up suspected prostitutes

By The Nation

558a6ba0da0326a7e5356fb90df39e9f-sld.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Twelve women from Uganda were arrested on Walking Street in Pattaya early Friday and charged with prostitution.

Twenty police officers involved in a crackdown that began at 3am allegedly found the Ugandan women soliciting clients for sex.

Pol Lt Col Korn Somkhaney said Pattaya police station, where he is deputy chief, would be running regular patrols to arrest prostitutes, especially foreign ones.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326128

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-08

I dunno... I would rather spice up my life with a Thai hottie than a Ugandan lady. 

"Sex workers and HIV in Uganda. HIV prevalence among sex workers was estimated to be between 35% and 37% in 2014.13 This figure is a harsh reminder of the HIV epidemic among sex workers – it is more than the highest national average among the general population in sub-Saharan Africa (Swaziland - 27.4%)."

"In Thailand, HIV prevalence is far greater among male sex workers than female. In 2014, of the estimated 141,769 sex workers in Thailand, HIV prevalence was approximately 12% among male sex workers and 2% among female sex workers.1920 However, urban settings have shown to yield exceptionally high HIV prevalence among female sex workers, such as 20% in Bangkok.21"

I wonder who these foreign women appeal to? Anyone have any idea? I also wonder what the appeal is of the East European ladies attired in long evening dresses who dance in the upstairs windows of a couple of bars on Walking Street. They always attract a large number of starers. Again, why? What is the appeal?

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder who these foreign women appeal to? Anyone have any idea? I also wonder what the appeal is of the East European ladies attired in long evening dresses who dance in the upstairs windows of a couple of bars on Walking Street. They always attract a large number of starers. Again, why? What is the appeal?

A posh dinner ending with a glass of Port and a nice cigar....?

I enjoy the diversity of seeing some lovely African ladies walking the streets for a change. I'm sorry to see them go. I've never found the African ladies to be overly aggressive or abusive towards my non-interest as the local sex workers often are. They add to the cosmopolitan flavor of this great Thai city. Maybe someday we'll have an Ethiopian restaurant here, but yes I know, I hope for too  much.

On another note, these ladies have their African counterparts in the male department. They seem to mostly be from Madagascar for some unknown reason. 

Edited by Jingthing

48 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think you will find most of the gawkers are orientals Japanese Chinese Thai etc. [ could be wrong been a long time since i meandered down Walking Street

8 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Yes. Clear them out. The World has gone to sleep and forgotten about the HIV disaster that is African emigration. Keep them in Africa.

I doubt if they keep them in Africa just as they didn't keep you in your country of origin. And if they going after prostitutes they should round them all up including all the Thai prostitutes or "boyfriend finders"  as they prefer to be called. 

In these enlightened PC times I do wonder why prostitution is regarded as illegal.

The laws in most countries are vague and confusing.

How many times have we heard, "there is NO prostitution in Thailand" from government officials over the years?

It should be regulated, and made safe for all involved.

Cut out the sex slaves, the under age and the corruption in one go.

Work permits for overseas workers too.

If morality now accepts same sex marriage and allows them to bring up children, and recognizes all the genders, why is prostitution so shocking?

It is after all the oldest profession.

:unsure:

35 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

In these enlightened PC times I do wonder why prostitution is regarded as illegal.

How many times have we heard, "there is NO prostitution in Thailand" from government officials over the years?

If morality now accepts same sex marriage and allows them to bring up children, and recognizes all the genders, why is prostitution so shocking?

Ask the feminists and liberals.

But even if it were to be fully legalised the last thing  nations wants is to import African whores.

55 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I'm not seeing the connection between same sex marriage (not recognized in Thailand) and legalizing prostitution here. 

24 minutes ago, Arth said:

A bit confusing. Many female sex workers are feminists, probably more so in the west. "Liberals" tend to favor legalizing prostitution more than right wingers. 

Edited by Jingthing

21 hours ago, Arth said:

But even if it were to be fully legalised the last thing  nations wants is to import African whores.

To be honest I don't think the fems and Libs are against it being legalised.

It seems to be a religion thing.

If it were made legal I suppose the "equal opportunities" and non racist lobby from them would see that work permit visas were available if there is a demand.

:whistling:

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not seeing the connection between same sex marriage (not recognized in Thailand) and legalizing prostitution here. 

It is just a connection that if one thing is now legal (yes, not here) then in the big picture the others should follow, in fact should have been before.

Equality, human rights etc etc etc...

Prostitution laws here are a "Joke" (or a big bowl of rice gruel).

Pardon the pun, but sex laws in almost all countries are still screwed up...

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

Yes the one on the right makes enough to feed herself and then some!

Must be a market for that look!

Haha that one on the right I am more or less positive it's her. Tried to pick pocket me a few months ago. I was sitting out side Ibar finishing my beer. And I was chatting to them. I've done this a few times. When I found her hand in my pocket. So I started shouting at her and they all ran away. Then a few weeks ago in the same spot she came up to me again but this Time she has put on those of weight. I asked her if that is why she has to pick pocket people now because she is so fat now and she can't get any customers. She didn't look happy. Last week also I had a different one come up to me and just grab my beer and started drinking it. In the end I got it back then chucked it in the bin. I am glad the police are trying to do something about it. The lady boys are better behaved than this lot. I ant got a problem with black Girls just this lot down walking St. A couple of years ago at that burger joint next to Jp bar I had a few of them just hand me there bin. When I started laughing they called me a bad man and started swearing at me. And once I had one come up to me and call me ugly for no reason whatsoever. Now I ant exactly good looking but I'm not ugly to.I was really shocked because I was just minding my own business.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk