Netizens in uproar as damaged cover left unrepaired all through the rush hour

webfact

Netizens in uproar as damaged cover left unrepaired all through the rush hour

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: --The world of Thai social media was in uproar after a picture of an uncovered hole on a busy road was posted on Facebook at 7.46am yesterday.

All there was to warn motorists of the potential for a serious accident or damage to their car was a single cone. The hole was on the busy artery of Baromratchachanee Road heading into Bangkok.

A picture had been posted on Facebook by the FM 91 radio station.

But it was 10 am before the authorities finally found a cover and fixed the problem.

Netizens said it was just not good enough as thousands of cars would have passed before the hole was covered.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-12

I remember watching from a hotel window in Alexandria, Egypt ,a manhole

with no cover,the cars were avoiding it, then along comes a donkey cart,I am

thinking this is not good as the Donkey was heading straight for it,just in time

it spotted the hole ,spread its legs and trotted over the hole.

regards worgeordie 

Anyone still thinking of riding a bike here in Thailand just needs to look at all the pictures, and then think that there are many many more similar dangers and obstructions all over Thailand, and many have no warning at all.  The thing is that over the years I have seen many Thais run into these things, and because they are light and flexible, they bounce straight back up (usually). However, us old Expats tend to be much bigger, much heavier, and much more 'stiff' (in the body), and we dont just bounce back up. But if you must, then wear protection and dont do it at night. 

22 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Anyone still thinking of riding a bike here in Thailand just needs to look at all the pictures, and then think that there are many many more similar dangers and obstructions all over Thailand, and many have no warning at all.  The thing is that over the years I have seen many Thais run into these things, and because they are light and flexible, they bounce straight back up (usually). However, us old Expats tend to be much bigger, much heavier, and much more 'stiff' (in the body), and we dont just bounce back up. But if you must, then wear protection and dont do it at night. 

Night time is usually when I usually wear protection.?

2 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Elvis, thanks for your senior advice, but I ONLY do it at night and NEVER wear protection. Of course, ymmv.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I remember watching from a hotel window in Alexandria, Egypt ,a manhole

with no cover,the cars were avoiding it, then along comes a donkey cart,I am

thinking this is not good as the Donkey was heading straight for it,just in time

it spotted the hole ,spread its legs and trotted over the hole.

regards worgeordie 

Now that is why I check into TV nearly every day, best story of the year so funny cannot stop laughing thanks you made my day.

So donkeys in Egypt have brains enough to avoid accidents ?, I can believe that but in other parts of the world they might drive into it>>>>>>