Flip-flops on aircraft? If foreigners can why can't we, moans Thai passenger

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh really?

Because the shopping is better at Changi, Dubai & Schiphol?

Yes, really.

If you prefer cheaper indirect flights with shopping, that's cool, that's your thing. I prefer direct flights on which I get more sleep and spend less time travelling. That's my thing.

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

FYI There are flip flops that are shower shoes. They have a sole that works well on wet tile. The average flip flops do not have such soles and can be slippery.

The average house price is $2 million at the beach cities of LA.  Everyone wears flip flops everywhere. Even expensive restaurants and when flying. Residents include most of the sports team members of LA, models, actors, entertainers, and a lot of CEOs. You should tell them you do not approve. Shape them up. Glad to see you are the repository of the TRUTH. 

I TRUTHfully gave my opinion (AFAIC = As Far As I'm Concerned). Can't tell the difference between opinion and fact even when the opinion is explicitly designated as such?

What could be in doubt are your assertions about the high-end, LA residents' choice of footwear. AFAIC, California, especially LA, should NOT be exemplar of the US population (i.e. effectively a one-party, welfare state, subsidized illegal migration, below average fiscal ranking, 400 Bn unfunded liabilities, etc) so nothing would surprise me about it or many of its citizens.

Edited by MaxYakov

On 9/19/2017 at 2:10 PM, OJAS said:

So how do you chaps manage to cope with the over-fussy miserable jobsworths at Security who insist on you removing your shoes before being screened - which more often than not means that you have to balance on 1 foot and then the other to unlace each shoe and then repeat this ritual in order to lace your shoes back on afterwards, because there is no bloody place for you to perch your bum on?

Some of us - myself included - have a physical disability which makes it impossible for us to balance on 1 foot, And that is the main reason why I always wear sandals when flying - and intend to continue doing so, thank you very much, whether you chaps like it or not.

That said I am prepared to - and do - make the effort to attire myself in a buttoned shirt and long trousers.

I've only been asked to do this on a Thai flight once, in many years of coming in and out and flying around within. About 6 months ago flying from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, I was shocked to be asked as I had never been before, I thought it was only boots that needed to be removed. 

On 9/19/2017 at 7:10 PM, sklmeeera said:

Was at Chiang Mai International last week and a couple of  young Bogans wearing flip flops , shorts and singlet were snogging ,i kid you not, with a couple of young transexual hookers just before going through security at 5 am . Quite a disgusting sight at any time . Thankfully the wee retarded bogans were stopped at security and sent back downstairs as far away from me as possible .

And thus the myth of the more mature, suave, sophisticated and genteel CNX transit passenger is put to the sword.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:27 AM, B4Jazz said:

It's true London to Asia returns are usually cheaper than starting from BKK or MNL, I guess it's competition.

Beyond the big traditional summer and winter holidays where some airlines may increase the number of flights as well as prices, there are more holiday/vacation slots that can have short-term impact on flights from Europe and the destinations throughout the year. For example, the last week of French school holidays make flights to west African destinations such as Senegal and The Gambia at a premium. Last week of Japanese school holidays can make things tough getting out of San Francisco and other west coast airports. Brazil school holidays have an impact on fares and availability out of Miami. Easter breaks also impact availability and cost out of most European airports.

I just tested the o/w versus r/t options BKK to MAN for next month and Finnair have a real cheap o/w via Helsinki which means I can capitalize on the cheaper MAN-BKK r/t via Doha on Qatar which appears to be cheaper than the BKK-MAN option on the same carrier in October.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:28 AM, hawker9000 said:

FYI There are flip flops and there are more expensive flip flops.   Still a rose by any other name.   'Don't really care what the beach communities in LA are wearing.   And why would anyone (who doesn't graze there)?    

Don't mind me and my Crocs then...

On 19/09/2017 at 9:47 AM, baboon said:

+1. I would happily fly Thai to the UK but I have not seen in years an even halfway sensible price. It has always been Emirates  £550, BA £690 and Thai £800 plus. Maybe I just fly at the wrong times.

Emirates is a one stopper so you are not comparing like with like 

BA is often more expensive than Thai as I fly from U.K. Regularly 

I'm not sure why Thai are quoting so much at this time. They are usually around the £500 mark. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, MaxYakov said:

I TRUTHfully gave my opinion (AFAIC = As Far As I'm Concerned). Can't tell the difference between opinion and fact even when the opinion is explicitly designated as such?

What could be in doubt are your assertions about the high-end, LA residents' choice of footwear. AFAIC, California, especially LA, should NOT be exemplar of the US population (i.e. effectively a one-party, welfare state, subsidized illegal migration, below average fiscal ranking, 400 Bn unfunded liabilities, etc) so nothing would surprise me about it or many of its citizens.

Gosh, so sorry to have offended you. I was just saying different strokes for different blokes.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Emirates is a one stopper so you are not comparing like with like 

BA is often more expensive than Thai as I fly from U.K. Regularly 

I'm not sure why Thai are quoting so much at this time. They are usually around the £500 mark. 

As I say, I fly from Newcastle, so the fare structure will be different to Heathrow. 

How do you start a riot on a plane and get away with it legally? Just start asking round who paid what for their seat...

On 9/19/2017 at 1:41 PM, The manic said:

If you wish to fly with 3rd World Airlines, Arab Airlines or even worse...British Airways.

If by Arab airlines you are referring to Etithad and Qatar give me them any day over Thai, in relation to Qatar last time I checked they had the newest fleet of airlcraft in the world

Compare that to Thai some of their aircraft very old.

Used to fly Thai business class internationally now in my opinion they cannot compete in any respect, service, cost etc,