Bank Accounts requested again

This topic was raised in 2016 and a\Admin have closed it. However I have, two weeks ago renewed my retirement visa. Despite having the Affirmation of Income letter from the Embassy stating my income I was shown a form requesting the sources  of income and provide details of local bank a/c. On looking at the page I noted there was no official Form Number. Without providing any details I flashed my Debit Cards, and a couple of ATM receipts, signed the form which remained blank pointed to the letter from the Embassy and asked why they needed it. I got a wry smile and the Immigration Officer who disappeared upstairs to return 15 minutes later with my passport duly stamped with another year's Visa. At least this time they did not want to visit my house which they did in 2015. Last September there was no such hassle.

Why don't they publicise their changed requirements through the media, or through Official Channels?

Edited by fgmr

8 hours ago, fgmr said:

Why don't they publicise their changed requirements through the media, or through Official Channels?

Since the changes to requirements vary between immigration offices, it would be difficult (even if there was the inclination) to keep an up to date list of the requirements by office, and any variations depending on your nationality and whether you gave the officials some cakes on your last visit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fgmr said:

very little functions here according to western standards; i believe that they understand at some level that to publicize their requirements would cut into their do-it-anyway-i-want-today preferred behavior

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Perhaps some IO's are wise to the issuance of Income letters provided by certain Embassies, issued under false declarations without any proof of income.

Yeah! That´s right. Have a few friends from US. They just get a paper to sign off on how much they have and the embassy just stamps it. Incredible!
That´s probably one of the reasons why other people with controlled and clarified documents get so much hassle and different rules.

55555.... always amuses me when someone comes upon new/different/changing rules and freaks out. Mai pen rai!

NST immigration has required copies of bank card(s) along with income declaration for some time. Also photo of house master with us outside and inside. Also annual Foreign Ministry certification of home country marriage certificate.

Just fit yourself into the pidgeon holes and enjoy!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Perhaps some IO's are wise to the issuance of Income letters provided by certain Embassies, issued under false declarations without any proof of income.

If committing a serious crime in the Embassy in our passport-countries is deemed insufficient, they could simply publish nationwide exactly what we need to supply in addition or in lieu of the letter (showing adequate deposits for X months), such that this is a standard, applying at every Immigration office every time for all applications. 

As an American, the US Gov keeps tabs on every penny I make/earn everywhere in the world.  The USA considers me its "cattle" to tax-exploit for life, regardless of where I live - therefore, my Thai bank has to 'report back' to my country on my account (one reason many banks don't want American depositors).  Armed with this comprehensive financial-tracking information, the US-Gov could easily debunk a false statement, leading to serious negative ramifications. 

But, as it stands, IOs can "pick and choose" who they will force to use an agent, to gain under-the-table payoffs.  Keep the context in mind, here - it is de-facto policy to allow any married or retired applicant to skip all financial requirements entirely by using an agent.  As long as that is the case, enforcement of financials is a sick joke.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Keep the context in mind, here - it is de-facto policy to allow any married or retired applicant to skip all financial requirements entirely by using an agent.  As long as that is the case, enforcement of financials is a sick joke.

Haven't yet had a Immigration office that would allow this. 10 years and three provinces so far. Further proving that you must be familiar with the requirements where YOU live.

Otherwise sorry for big government financial oversight the laughable war on drugs foisted upon the USA peeps. Yeah we're all money launderers... easier for them to monitor everybody rather than doing their jobs.

Edited by mikebike

4 hours ago, mikebike said:

Haven't yet had a Immigration office that would allow this. 10 years and three provinces so far. Further proving that you must be familiar with the requirements where YOU live.

Otherwise sorry for big government financial oversight the laughable war on drugs foisted upon the USA peeps. Yeah we're all money launderers... easier for them to monitor everybody rather than doing their jobs.

Thai Immigration-law has One set of standards for extensions, conversions, etc.  These should be universally followed. 

If you file for your extension directly with your local office, it is unlikely you will be offered a way to skip the financials.  Generally, only agents have the connections to facilitate this.  According to reports, this is usually using bank-accounts which are opened, filled (with 400K / 800K), then emptied and closed - all by the agent - then the seasoning requirement waived due to illegal-sharing of the agent's fee with someone in authority, who can do so.