PHOTOS: Badly secured load nearly results in another death

rooster59

20 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

PHOTOS: Badly secured load nearly results in another death

20 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

A video showed the aftermath of a lucky escape for a car driver on the Huay Dong Nong Bon road. The driver had to brake suddenly to avoid a dog.

This caused a pick-up carrying a large load of metal to also brake suddenly. The metal was not secured properly and flew forward and into the back of the car injuring the driver.

The driver survived but Tnews said it was another example of the danger on the roads in Thailand.

Source: Tnews

Who died; the dog? :whistling:

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

To be fair from the photo's I'd say the load was fairly well secured for normal circumstances.

However when some good Samaritan breaks heavily in front of you to "save a soi dog" unexpectedly then obviously the inner metal tubes were projected forwards & into the car.... not really his fault...

Moral of the story.. sod the dog & save yourself !!!

What if it had been a child rather than a dog ? Fairly well secure on a vehicle not fit for purpose is unsecure.

Clueless.

It's purely down to total lack of reliable law enforcement.

It is illegal to take a pickup with an uncovered load on to the Express ways. 

Today I saw countless pickups, full of poorly secured and uncovered kit. 

One of the pickups had a large Propane Tank - secured with a single fraying belt, the tank had no collar and no protective cap.

In an accident this would become a missile.

People are totally careless, their ignorance needs to be policed, unfortunately the Police seem to consider this too much effort.

On 9/23/2017 at 5:15 PM, hotchilli said:

To be fair from the photo's I'd say the load was fairly well secured for normal circumstances.

However when some good Samaritan breaks heavily in front of you to "save a soi dog" unexpectedly then obviously the inner metal tubes were projected forwards & into the car.... not really his fault...

Moral of the story.. sod the dog & save yourself !!!

Erm.... I'm really not sure how you arrived at that conclusions.

..... It wasn't secured properly at all, thats why this happened !!... 

On 9/23/2017 at 2:17 PM, Curmudgeon1 said:

Talk about being proactive. In jomtein beach 30+ large boats a day are being run around unsecured into the traffic. They bounce off the trailers while being dragged by unroadworthy tractors driven by unlicensed idiots. 

First time an immediate stop occurs and the boat will jump and crush anything adjacent.... likely unknowing tourists. 

An obvious unsafe creation occurring every day. I fear the inevitable is due. 

this has been going on for months and months....NO NUMBER PLATES or lights OR TAX DISC  on Tractors....NO NUMBER PLATES OR LIGHTS ON TRAILORS.....BOATS UNSECURED ON TRAILORS......and what do the POLICE DO ....NOTHING

14 minutes ago, johng said:

The reason the boats and tractors are back on the road again is due to bad government policy in the first place...the boats where evicted from a perfectly suitable launch at Bali Hai pier...to make way for a navy shindig this November.

i know but was not moved for the BIG navy show....were moved "to tidy the bali hai area up" i seem to recall and they also talked about making another market there , which, I think has been dropped..

20 minutes ago, garbolino said:

i know but was not moved for the BIG navy show....were moved "to tidy the bali hai area up" i seem to recall and they also talked about making another market there , which, I think has been dropped..

Time will tell, but I doubt anything more than the Naval regatta will happen..the market was a no go from the start as they cleared the area under the pretence that it was public land and was to be turned into a "Public Park"  shame that the park that was there is already a white elephant "robotic parking garage"   the marina was derelict before it even opened but is now semi used.