90 day reporting- Just to be sure

Immigration at an airport will not do anything related to 90 day reporting.

You do not need to do a report of staying 90 consecutive days in the country unless you stay that long. Your report is not due until 90 days from the date you entered the country including that date in the count. December 20th will be when you next report is due..

1 hour ago, charliebadenhop said:

90 day reporting

realizing this item is part of the nearly prehistoric 1979 immigration act; what possible value does it serve today ? my thai wife says: 'so the thai authorities can find you in an emergency'; hmmmm, guess i cannot stray from that address ever again, even for a day

On top of all this 90 day report crap  we get home visits from immigration even though we're on 'Retirement Extensions'. And to add more insult the local politzi come around every year and takes the falangs same details that he's took last year and the year before and the.............................

Hey, I have a question about this 90 day reporting.

I entered Thailand on July 4th on non o "marriage visa".

I had a permission to stay until October 1st. 

A few days ago I extended my Visa for another 60 days until November 30th.

I was ready to do my 90 day reporting soon, but I noticed on that little card they stapled on my passport (the card that informs you about making a 90 day report) that the "date of next notification" is December 15th?

I didn't do a 90 day report, so I am wondering do they automatically do a report when you extend your visa?

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration at an airport will not do anything related to 90 day reporting.

You do not need to do a report of staying 90 consecutive days in the country unless you stay that long. Your report is not due until 90 days from the date you entered the country including that date in the count. December 20th will be when you next report is due..

I am to be in a similar position next week and though I know 'the clock will be set back'  it is unclear to me if I have to report to immigration to submit a form or whether the condo manager/juristic person should/ will take any required action. 

10 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I was ready to do my 90 day reporting soon, but I noticed on that little card they stapled on my passport (the card that informs you about making a 90 day report) that the "date of next notification" is December 15th?

I didn't do a 90 day report, so I am wondering do they automatically do a report when you extend your visa?

Visas are not extended.

The first extension of a permit to stay is considered doing a 90 days report.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sinbin said:

On top of all this 90 day report crap  we get home visits from immigration even though we're on 'Retirement Extensions'. And to add more insult the local politzi come around every year and takes the falangs same details that he's took last year and the year before and the.............................

Been on retirement extension for 4 years. NEVER had a home visit, never submitted a TM30, never been fined for anything. First in Pattaya and now in Phitsanulok.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

I am to be in a similar position next week and though I know 'the clock will be set back'  it is unclear to me if I have to report to immigration to submit a form or whether the condo manager/juristic person should/ will take any required action. 

There is no 90 day report due so I assume you are asking about a report of your arrival at your residence by the owner using a TM30 form. Whether that will be due or not depends upon the the office you report to.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 90 dues so I assume you about a report of your arrival at your residence by the owner of your residence using a TM30 form. Whether that will be due or not depends upon the the office you report to.

I didn't, neither did my wife, know about the TM30 rule until she went to the Buriram office to do a 90 day report 3 months ago. Never did it before in 12 years at either Korat, Kap Choeng or Buriram offices. So you will never be notified in advance that your particular office has implemented the rule. And it is the rule. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by sinbin

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Been on retirement extension for 4 years. NEVER had a home visit, never submitted a TM30, never been fined for anything. First in Pattaya and now in Phitsanulok.

Try living in either Korat, Buriram or Surin Immigration areas. I can guarantee you'll get bounced with something. :smile:

Edited by sinbin

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Thanks. Only good falangs come to P'lok!!!!

May be that's true as around here they think all farangs are lying, cheating no gooders. Okay, there probably are some here having paid under the table to get their visa in Pattaya. The way to clear these trouble makers out it to clear immigration officers out that assist these dross. Immigration are the problem in Thailand, not genuine law abiding foreigners who they continually harass .

Edited by sinbin

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not required in Bangkok!

May as well have an address registered in BKK then for all the siht(anagram) these numpties out here throw at us. It'd be orgasmic not having to report in person for the TM47, wife not getting fined for failing to submit TM30, no immigration house visits, no 200km round trip drives to the IO and no changing the rules as and when it suits them without prior notice.

• Like 1

Just now, sinbin said:

May as well have an address registered in BKK then for all the siht(anagram) these numpties out here throw at us. It'd be orgasmic not having to report in person for the TM47, wife not getting fined for failing to submit TM30, no immigration house visits, no 200km round trip drives to the IO and no changing the rules as and when it suits them without prior notice.

Yes.  I am considering the same.  We will see how my 1-year 'wife' extension goes.  If 1/2 has much of a joke as my attempt at a Non-O Conversion in Jomtien (with every document on the list, and MFA stamped income-doc to-boot - finally gave up and went on a 'visa run'), or significantly more trouble than by 'visit-wife' 60-day extension (needed everything short of a stool-sample from the landlord), I may officially change my residence to Bangkok.  I'd bet a building manager there would be happy to rent me a broom-closet for a reasonable price. 

I actually respect the security-intent of these rules, and would be happy to comply if they were enforced consistently.  But since a good portion of Immigration personnel don't respect the rules, and the holes are wide enough for any criminal (with an agent) to drive a truck through, playing along isn't helping Thailand's security one bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Yes.  I am considering the same.  We will see how my 1-year 'wife' extension goes.  If 1/2 has much of a joke as my attempt at a Non-O Conversion in Jomtien (with every document on the list, and MFA stamped income-doc to-boot - finally gave up and went on a 'visa run'), or significantly more trouble than by 'visit-wife' 60-day extension (needed everything short of a stool-sample from the landlord), I may officially change my residence to Bangkok.  I'd bet a building manager there would be happy to rent me a broom-closet for a reasonable price. 

I actually respect the security-intent of these rules, and would be happy to comply if they were enforced consistently.  But since a good portion of Immigration personnel don't respect the rules, and the holes are wide enough for any criminal (with an agent) to drive a truck through, playing along isn't helping Thailand's security one bit.

Well put JT.  bananaman.gifbananaman.gifbananaman.gif

14 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Don't tell porkies Jack, you know they don't just accept sh*t from anybody.  :smile: