How to get a job in Thailand?

Hi, everyone!

My name is Leonardo, I'm from Brazil and I'm 22yo. I'm interesting in moving to Thailand and work there. I'm electrical maintenance on a technical level, I got experience in the area too and in this moment I'm studying eletrical engeneering. What's the best way to get there and work permanently? It's possible for me to work in my area or is interesting I go there, found a temporary job and in the future try to go to my area? Or it's better to get a job here can that get me there?

So many people will tell you it's impossible....

just come here, create a great CV, do not follow the job adverts - waste of time.

instead use google or glass doors and find as many foreign companies operating inside of Bangkok and apply/email/call direct with attention  for Human Resources or even better the name of the director or hiring manager.

BOI companies do not have to follow traditional Thai rules with regards to employment. 4 Thais to one foreigner etc so that's why it's important to find a BOI Company. Go into the board of investments website and you can search for them.

i got 5 interviews in 3 weeks and offered 2 jobs, both salaries of 50,000b a month plus commission in my chosen industry (sales).

there are loads of jobs Thai people can't/won't do and selling to international companies seems to be a niche.

good luck

5 hours ago, leeolombardo said:

Hi, everyone!

My name is Leonardo, I'm from Brazil and I'm 22yo. I'm interesting in moving to Thailand and work there. I'm electrical maintenance on a technical level, I got experience in the area too and in this moment I'm studying eletrical engeneering. What's the best way to get there and work permanently? It's possible for me to work in my area or is interesting I go there, found a temporary job and in the future try to go to my area? Or it's better to get a job here can that get me there?

Thailand has all the tradesmen it needs, probably electrical engineers too. You're not a native speaker of English (mistakes in your second sentence), and Portuguese is not in demand. Working illegally will get you jail time. Note: "Work" for a foreigner in Thailand is "using your knowledge with or without pay or other reward". That means, according a lawyer pal, me giving directions to a bus stop is "illegal travel guide".  Point is, this is not Brazil. Everything that you know from there will  be useless here. Come for a vacation, look around and think about it.  

7 minutes ago, mike324 said:

I've noticed the hotel industry has been hiring a lot of foreigners lately, which includes waiters.

Strange. Bar & restaurant staff is a protected profession - no foreigners. Celeb chefs who visit have their visa/WP taken care of by sponsors.

1 hour ago, Seanbhoy said:

just come here, create a great CV, do not follow the job adverts

Preferably with a visa (good luck getting that) and enough money in your pocket to fly back home again so that your next post on TV won't be asking what to do when you've overstayed by x months.

Edited by Suradit69

21 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Thailand has all the tradesmen it needs, probably electrical engineers too. You're not a native speaker of English (mistakes in your second sentence), and Portuguese is not in demand. Working illegally will get you jail time. Note: "Work" for a foreigner in Thailand is "using your knowledge with or without pay or other reward". That means, according a lawyer pal, me giving directions to a bus stop is "illegal travel guide".  Point is, this is not Brazil. Everything that you know from there will  be useless here. Come for a vacation, look around and think about it.  

This comes from a English teacher who chooses to teach in thailand?? Ignore him,  so pessimistic.

come and give it a shot. So what if English isn’t your first language, guess what Germany, Austria, Sweden Japan & India first language isn’t English and I garuntee there are more of these nationalities working non teaching jobs with salaries of 50k plus in Bangkok.

Thailand's English will never be good in our generation, too many shit teachers here for a holiday or love a good handjob to have a high quality plus Thai people are lazy to learn.

20 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Preferably with a visa (good luck getting that) and enough money in your pocket to fly back home again so that your next post on TV won't be asking what to do when you've overstayed by x months.

400k then or 1400£ salary apply for a non imm then find a company who wants to hire you - not that hard

21 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Strange. Bar & restaurant staff is a protected profession - no foreigners. Celeb chefs who visit have their visa/WP taken care of by sponsors.

Yes! Yes they are... especially on the islands, try koh Chang. Free accommodation free food plus a salary, not for me but a man with no kids etc