Stolen overstay passport

1 hour ago, pearciderman said:

I reckon once you get an ETD, your old passport will be cancelled.

And then the old passport is of no value to you or her.

Plus the overstay stamp will be in the ETD which you should replace with a new passport ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

And then the old passport is of no value to you or her.

Plus the overstay stamp will be in the ETD which you should replace with a new passport ASAP.

Yes this would be the best move since there is no room for compromise 

Then you move & start dictating terms 

The biggest issue is the kids - on how their going to be brought up & it will be difficult as the both of you are in different situations 

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:
On 9/30/2017 at 7:54 AM, BritTim said:

You know, almost invariably whenever an overstay situation by someone with limited funds comes up, there are some on this board that suggest abandoning their family here in Thailand to return to home country. I do not agree with them, but avoiding getting blacklisted from Thailand does seem an important objective right now, even if that does mean neglecting his kids for a couple of days.

Neglecting a 4 and 6 year old, are you for real?

OK, I guess he could just get himself blacklisted and return to the UK, if you consider that a better option. Since he will no longer be able to see the kids, at that point his conscience will be clear.

14 hours ago, Happy enough said:

he clearly needs to talk her around but she sounds like a bit of a nightmare so perhaps easier said than done. anyway, hopefully he sorts it out somehow. a sticky situation indeed

Surely you havent heard her, have you? :-)

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

5 hours ago, justaphase said:

The reply was just abuse and demands for the 12000 now. I might just move for a start so she doesn't know where i live, then go and report my lost passport.

Every confrontation with her fills me with hatred.

I stand corrected. Yup she is a nightmare, Happy enough!  I couldnt delete my previous post. I feel sorry for you justaphase but I still feel that by not acting different than confrontational filled with hatred you are only playing her game. You have got to teach such wicked women a lesson, they are the source of so much unhappiness. It is not fair that you should suffer and look so bad with the kids and all. I hope this ends well but you need justice too, man, and you  can get it only if you play smart. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
more edit

If nothing better happens today, ie she settles for the amount I can pay I will go to the police to get a report for an emergency travel doc. Kids are still sleeping here all happy and saying its much better with daddy. They tell me she just reads her phone all day while they play toy cars and computer games. All day every day. The older one's missed a year and a half of school already.

Anyway I know a police chief in Bangkok who dealt with my case before when she had me in jail. I can speak Thai and read as well so communicating is no problem. I can just ask for the paperwork and no need for any investigation. (I'm sure they'll be glad of that!)

<sigh>

New day new ideas 

• Like 1

Just now, justaphase said:

If nothing better happens today, ie she settles for the amount I can pay I will go to the police to get a report for an emergency travel doc. Kids are still sleeping here all happy and saying its much better with daddy. They tell me she just reads her phone all day while they play toy cars and computer games. All day every day. The older one's missed a year and a half of school already.

Anyway I know a police chief in Bangkok who dealt with my case before when she had me in jail. I can speak Thai and read as well so communicating is no problem. I can just ask for the paperwork and no need for any investigation. (I'm sure they'll be glad of that!)

<sigh>

New day new ideas 

good luck

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, justaphase said:

<sigh>

New day new ideas 

I just hope that you get everything sorted out, and that it goes well for you. Seems like the kids are happy with you, and that´s a good thing that might give you more strength to fight for whats right i hope.

Please, do not forget to give back this in the hardest possible way to that evil mother they seem to have. She definately seems like she is worth every little thorn you might be able to put in her side. Never mind about side. Give it to all of her.

• Like 1

Ive just filled out the online application for the emergency document and have an appointment to see them tomorrow. So i guess this means my passport is automatically cancelled?

Also on the form it said i will have to visit immigration for an exit visa? Do the just mean at the border or do i have to go to Changwattana? If so will they let me goo as i have the overstay money and everything planned to go out?

3 minutes ago, justaphase said:

Ive just filled out the online application for the emergency document and have an appointment to see them tomorrow. So i guess this means my passport is automatically cancelled?

Also on the form it said i will have to visit immigration for an exit visa? Do the just mean at the border or do i have to go to Changwattana? If so will they let me goo as i have the overstay money and everything planned to go out?

think the border should do it but UJ would be best to confirm it

11 minutes ago, justaphase said:

You passport will be cancelled when the you submit this form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/611587/7-336-Passport_Office-Lost_and_Stolen_British_Passport_Form-v1-290317-EX....pdf

Not sure what a exit visa would be. No need to go to immigration you can do everything at the border crossing.

If you are using a visa run company for the trip I suggest you contact them.

• Like 1

So just applying for the emergency travel doc will not cancel it automatically?  ...cos after i sent a screenshot to her she says shes close and do i want it back now?

She still wants 8000 now. I think now if i give her that she will disappear with my kids.

So just applying for the emergency travel doc will not cancel it automatically?  ...cos after i sent a screenshot to her she says shes close and do i want it back now?

The application for the ETD does not cancel your passport. It will not be processed until you do the lost/stolen report.

You can tell them you found you passport if you decided to pay the 8000k to get your passport back.

She still wants 8000 now. I think now if i give her that she will disappear with my kids.

Do you have anybody that could take care of the kids while you are doing the visa run? If you do pick them up when you get the passport.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If I can find my old ETD I'll check but I'm sure it has a note on something like 'replaces passport xxxxxc reported lost/stolen.'

I'm sure that means that passport xxxxxxxc is now invalid.

He has not even applied for it yet. He merely completed the form.

The form I posted a link for is the one used for canceling the passport.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If I can find my old ETD I'll check but I'm sure it has a note on something like 'replaces passport xxxxxc reported lost/stolen.'

I'm sure that means that passport xxxxxxxc is now invalid.

he's probably taking an ear bashing from her as i type this but at least hopefully with his passport back

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He has not even applied for it yet. He merely completed the form.

The form I posted a link for is the one used for canceling the passport.

Just to confirm that once he has an ETD the old passport is worthless. He should also return it to the embassy if he 'finds' it. They will cut the corner of and give it back with any still valid visas.

Note the ETD is good for only approved journeys. See photo

2017-10-02 10.34.57.jpg

20171002_104222.jpg

2017-10-02 10.44.49.jpg

Edited by overherebc
adding photo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BritTim said:

OK, I guess he could just get himself blacklisted and return to the UK, if you consider that a better option. Since he will no longer be able to see the kids, at that point his conscience will be clear.

No he needs to find somebody to take care or pay his wife to do so, you can't leave a 4 and 6 year old on their own.

39 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

No he needs to find somebody to take care or pay his wife to do so, you can't leave a 4 and 6 year old on their own.

Are these her kids as well? Makes a diff doesnt it when matters of conscience are concerned? Dont wish to pry but then our man wants to get the hell out of there I think.

50 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
22 hours ago, BritTim said:

I never suggested that he should. Obviously, even if it needs to be someone the children do not know, he needs to find someone to watch them while he is away. I was just indicating that the overall needs of the kids needs to take a back seat until his immigration status is normalized.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sp4wnY said:

But you will still get banned, no?

No

When he posted the topic on the 30th of September he still had 10 day before he went over 90 days of overstay. So he still has 6 days to leave the country.

20 hours ago, justaphase said:

Sorted by means of 4000 and her finally realizing she's <deleted> without me. <massivesigh>

Never amazes me this place. Cheers chaps, it all ended so quick.

Lets just forget everything, there is nothing to learn from this bad experience after all.

20 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Lets just forget everything, there is nothing to learn from this bad experience after all.

There is a moral to this story;

1) Not everyone who drops shit on you is your enemy.
2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
3) And when you're in deep shit, keep your mouth shut!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is a moral to this story;

1) Not everyone who drops shit on you is your enemy.
2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
3) And when you're in deep shit, keep your mouth shut!

This is excellent piece of advice. But like somebody said the worst vice is advice. Lets forget everything take it on the chin and move on.