TV signal gone

roger101

A few years ago I signed up for a satellite service ( I cant remember the name but it took the football from True).  After they went tits up we were still receiving all the Thai channels through the set top box.

This was all right with me as the wife had the TV for her Soaps and I had the computer (now HD Prime) for the sports. This carried on until a couple of weeks ago when we lost channels 1 to 36, we still had all the advertising channels. I thought that this might be temporary then a few days later they disappeared as well. All we get now is 'No Signal'.

This doesn't bother me but the wife comes back from the village next week and she is going to want her soaps.

Any suggestions about what happened and what can I do about it would be helpful.

Thanks

Go to the nearby shop that sells DVB-S2 Satellite gear and arrange to get a different DVB Receiver / Set Top Box that can tune the FTA (Free To Air) or FTA+Subscription package.  Suggest you take a look at Set Top Box providers GMM zPSI, IPM, RS for FTA and the odd subscription add-on channels; oh, and Truevisions. The Set Top Boxes can usually be swapped into place and function immediately -IF- the new and previous box used signals from the same satellite group (ie: Thaicom 5/6/8). You  may need to have a technician realign your current dish to point to the Thaicom satellite group.

Here's a LyngSat website channel guide showing what's currently being broadcast on Thaicom 5/6/8 at 78.5°E

5000-8000 KHz is "C" band (needs the 2.4-3.7 meter "big dish") and 11000-18000 Khz is "Ku" band (needs a 60cm-150cm "little dish"). 

GMM z

IPM

PSI

RS

TrueVisions

If you have a TV with HDMI connections, make sure whatever Set Top Box replacement you purchase also has the HDMI connector, especially if you want HD broadcast support.

As said you likely need a new box as suspect you had CTH and box no longer working for anything.  Upcountry believe PSI is the most popular free service and as said if antenna set to Thaicom bird should just be a box replacement.  Should be local providers or you could order here if you have not taken care of it yet.

http://www.lazada.co.th/psi/?searchredirect=psi