gf son is pregnant

Putu94

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many years ago (around 1990) I was in a similar situation. I was only 21 and had a brief relationship with a girl who worked in a department store. She was only 17 at the time. After a couple of weeks her parents demanded 100k of me because she was pregnant they said. But no proof. They went to the police but I totally denied everything. In the end the police said I had to pay 30k but I never did, just changed districts in BKK and never heard anything again.

5 minutes ago, cms22 said:

Many many years ago (around 1990) I was in a similar situation. I was only 21 and had a brief relationship with a girl who worked in a department store. She was only 17 at the time. After a couple of weeks her parents demanded 100k of me because she was pregnant they said. But no proof. They went to the police but I totally denied everything. In the end the police said I had to pay 30k but I never did, just changed districts in BKK and never heard anything again.

Do you think your kid wonders who or where you are?

And people wonder where the concept of bar fine originated--same issues throughout history in all cultures; then after a bit of cultural growth, the shotgun was brought out, the coat hangar was used, or the lass was sent to relatives in another city; then the legal abortion or being a single mother became acceptable. Not sure that is an improvement.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I would call their bluff.  First, she is only 10 days pregnant seems a little strange but possible I guess.

The problem that the girl is going to have if she has had a lot of BF is proving it is his.

Police can only get him so far if she is underage or he raped her.

I would tell the parents that they need proof and to guarantee that they will be helping her deliver.  Let's face it 10 days is nothing there so spontaneous abortions are easy.

..all wind..the phantom strikes again.

Duh all round.

1. What is their basis for going to the police? Getting someone pregnant is not against the law unless she's underage, which you don't mention

2. Just pay for DNA test

3. If it turns out to be your son's then its time to take decisions.

Kind of like in any country don't you think hmmmm? Sheesh.

May well be a scam. But, even in Thailand, young girls do get pregnant by men who then take no responsibility. It may even happen more frequently than men get scammed... So, maybe ask your son if he had unprotected sex with the girl. If he did, decide what level of responsibility you are prepared to take if he is shown to be the father by a DNA test. Tell that to the family in the presence of a well connected Thai friend. If the girl is under age, the family may go to the police, irrespective of pregnancy, and you may need to bargain for some kind of settlement. If, on the other hand, you and your son are convinced the whole thing is a scam, hold out and refuse to pay, once again offering a DNA test. Do it at a government approved hospital (eg. Chulalongkorn) to ensure that it is acceptable to a Thai court.

Well, by the number of girls/women plying the trade in this country I would assume safely that there is no legality in the issue and I never heard of a woman taking the father of her child to the cleaners but filing a law suit. 

Tell your son to sort it out himself; they cannot take from him what he does not have and just stay cool about it. Quite obviously the relation is going south (if it has not arrived there already) as the family is breathing down the girl's neck. 

What you can offer - on a once-only proposal with limited decision time - is an abortion in a proper hospital; observe the three months there. 

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Oh look!... the first Thai culture denier of the weekend!

You probably haven't been browsing rough threads to draw that conclusion.  Just saying but you can call me cynical if it helps....!

Edited by The Deerhunter

First off while many urge a DNA test, you can't get this 10 days after pregnancy, so

everyone will have to be patient.

Second, great news that the girl has fingered another young man and your son is

off the hook.

All this said this experience represents a teachable moment. Of course your adults

will continue to have sex. Just urge the lad to wrap it up.  

Are the other boyfriends getting the same "Shakedown"??

Tell them your son couldn't be the one as he has had mumps and is now sterile .. :sick: should cause a reaction.

Sounds like a scam to me ... 

Seeing as though the OP hasn't replied maybe a Troll post?

2 hours ago, lifeincnx said:

DNA test ASAP. Then, based on the results, your son should bite the proverbial bullet.

I am not sure I understand your comments. "DNA TESTS ASAP"  The situation appears to be that a young female is ten days late for her monthly period.

so please explain, at this moment what is there to carry out DNA testing on ?

If you had suggested a DNA immediately after  the baby was born, then I would have understood and agreed 

3 hours ago, RBOP said:

OP says pregnant 10 days and son only knows her for 3 weeks. I'd say the OP is being scammed/ extorted.

Yep, some Thai's really do think we can be taken for a ride so easily..oh & they are correct a lot of the time too in thinking that!!

You can see this is a scam from miles away.

OP, your son need to learn to cover up, especially for his well being,

Load of old bo*****

The zygote, smaller than a baby pea, attaches itself to the womb within 7-10 days of fertilisation. Nothing can be seen except with very special equipment. No bulge ,nothing. Even rare for morning sickness in 7-10 days, although some girls do not get it "ever". I'm not really sure that any test can tell you that you are 100% pregnant after 10 days (see below).

The girl will know nothing until she misses her first menses (period) about 2-3 weeks later. Even that can be "phantom" or delayed. Many girls wait until the 2nd miss to be sure (6 weeks after).

The testing kits may be a good idea, but may be unreliable. I'm not a gynaecologist, so Im not sure how reliable they are ever. A lab blood test for the hormone changes is better than a Boots kit. I know that the HIV kits in malaysia, like a small matchbox, are only 85% good. Then, a more scientific test is needed for false positives.

Just my 6p worth. Good luck.

Sound like a scam, but if true and she is over 18 then no law has been broken, if she is under 18 nothing will really happen anyway, there all knocked up in the village at 16,17 anyway. The parents sound like <deleted> , go punch her father in the mouth. Then say you want a DNA test , that will really make the parents loose face. 

If it is consensual and no money/hooker is involved, the age of consent for both is 18. If the boy is 17 and the girl 15--this happens in the villages every day, and the police or head-man just tells them to marry or sort it out, or else live over t'brush.

An older guy with  girl 14 or under==trouble.

The normal rate used to be about 30,000b for an angry mother. Or leave the country! I have never heard of 200,000 and gold bars except as a marriage dowry--sin sod-- (which modern parents give back, so the kids can get a mortgage anyway ) 

Eddy

5Scams.

And test for pregnancy it's only work just after 1 months.. not after 3 weeks.. And obviously that lady was bumbum-lady, it's professional prostitute risk.

I speak from my sad experience when I pay 10k to lady 

14 days between ovulation and menstruation. 
So, if she is ten days pregnant that means she conceived when ?
Before ovulation ?

unfortunately higher maths seems not to be a topic in primary school

Edited by KKr

We had in extended family same problem underage girl not pregnant but family went to the police. If the boy is also underage the police will ask if it was with consent if she say's yes than they just laugh and send everybody on their way. Looks like a scam to me hope your gf son is also underage!