Klong Prem demonstrates handling of prisoners

webfact

Klong Prem demonstrates handling of prisoners

By Piyanuch Tamnukasetchai 
The Nation

4da02e6f8c550b16a2ea82f72516a702-sld.jpg

The Corrections Department demonstrated prison riot-suppression and transport techniques on Tuesday to inform the public about the agency’s standards and practices.

The demonstration was held during a ceremony at the Klong Prem Central Prison in Bangkok’s Chatuchak district as authorities received 313 leased vehicles and equipment for prisoner transport in various situations including to courthouses, hospitals or other prisons.

The vehicles on lease from fiscal year 2018 until 2022 comprised 74 six-wheel trucks, 100 15-seat vans and 139 pickup trucks.

Corrections Department director-general Pol Colonel Narat Sawettanan, who presided over the event, said the vehicles and equipment would help the department to improve effectiveness and security in prisoner transports.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328950

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-10

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's a lot of vehicles,the lease fee will be a tidy sum every month.

why not  have a picture of the vehicles .I suppose the 6 wheel trucks

will be used to  stack prisoners in.

regards Worgeordie

I was there yesterday and saw the vehicles, they do exist if that's what you were getting at.

41 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

I look forward to the day when real criminals are in the jails, not just the ones who might say something and get 60 years while the murders and liars walk free.

Many murderers are locked up but being a liar isn't a criminal offence.  Who got 60 years "for saying something"?

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Many murderers are locked up but being a liar isn't a criminal offence.  Who got 60 years "for saying something"?

If Thailand's finest lie, then Thais can be charged, and the prosecutors will believe these police (because police don't lie) and the judges will believe the prosecutors, and Thais go to prison because of lies. Of course I may be just speculating!

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Didn't you know that ? it's true they said something and got long years. We can't discuss here, I was penalized once on this forum for saying something. See how well they shut you up, when the dentist in penang asks you why you came all the way there to see a dentist, tell the dentist you are not allow to open your mouth.

19 hours ago, 300sd said:

If Thailand's finest lie, then Thais can be charged, and the prosecutors will believe these police (because police don't lie) and the judges will believe the prosecutors, and Thais go to prison because of lies. Of course I may be just speculating!

Not only are you speculating, you are stating something that is completely wrong, and I'm not speculating.

18 hours ago, madusa said:

Didn't you know that ? it's true they said something and got long years. We can't discuss here, I was penalized once on this forum for saying something. See how well they shut you up, when the dentist in penang asks you why you came all the way there to see a dentist, tell the dentist you are not allow to open your mouth.

No, I don't, you tell me, if it's been in the media you can say the name here.

If you mean Pongsak Sriboonpeng, he got 30 years for 6 Lese Majeste cases but neither I nor anyone else was discussing LM, I commented on lying not being a criminal offence, that's all.