Video: Man caught dumping trash says he's not Thai and yes, he would do this at home!

snoop1130

From observation, I always thought the idea was to either throw you trash over the wall, or dump it on the nearest empty piece of land. Strange that this guy should be vilified for doing what everyone else seems to do:sorry:

Why say NOT Thai. If Falang then triple the fine as they usually do. Clearly Thai man . Must have an IQ of 50. Besides did the coppers go through all that trash to seek a cigarette butt and toss in some sand. That's another 100,000 Bah on top of a most likely 500 Bah fine ( for a massive amount of litter). Only in Thailand LMAO

8 hours ago, tallfarang said:

Some years back I was taking a train back to Bangkok. i was in the 3rd class sections which had no AC only open windows. I would watch the passengers eating their lunch and then throwing the garbage out the window. At one point one of the train employees walked down the aisle collecting garbage, I thought to myself, well that is much better. When he got to the end of car, he threw it out the window. This same train also had a hole in the floor of the train for a toilet. I will never walk on the train tracks in Thailand.

The trains in the UK were like that, straight onto the track. That's why there signs saying don't flush at the station.

I have not been on a train in the UK for many years, so i don't know if upgraded.

If Thai trains did not empty onto the track, would you be more inclined to stroll along them? 55555 :)

As thais always find someone else then thais doing the worst thing in this country all the foreigners have always to point out that the thais!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are the animies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!of their country due to their ignorance but one day they have to pay for it!

The cameraman suspected he was not Thai. Must have been the cleanliness of the rubbish that gave it away.

'Irate posters demanded that the miscreant be found and prosecuted for messing up Thailand with his littering.' Messing up Thailand? Must be two on the planet. Certainly the Thais in the one I know do a pretty good job of keeping it messy, all on their own.

19 hours ago, cooked said:

It really is a question of realising that people no longer use banana leaves to wrap their food and for stores to stop automatically giving you plastic bags, 7/11 is the worst in this, giving you straws with beer ....

Don't blame 7-11, blame those that accept  the bag or straw, they're the ones who dump it, 7-11 doesn't!

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't that what roadsides are for here?

Waiting at a junction yesterday and the car in-front, window rolled down and out came loads of trash.

Long way to go on this problem here. Usual problems, lack of 'policing' and selfish attitudes.

Damn foreigner again?

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Don't blame 7-11, blame those that accept  the bag or straw, they're the ones who dump it, 7-11 doesn't!

7-11 is to blame for unnecessarily giving out so many really unnecessary plastic bags, refusing one is a hassle every time. I see stuff like this every week dumped along the rural road I use. There is no excuse for leaving it to other people to clean up when other possibilities exist. In some countries supermarkets and the like MUST take back the packing material they give with your purchase. 

Watching the video reminded me of a trip through the desert surrounding Las Vegas, Nevada, USA except there the garbage consisted of larger items - old sofas, refrigerators, mattresses etc.  

Also reminds me of the roadsides in South Sulawesi, Indonesia where the roadsides appear to be the local garbage dump (and smell like it also).

I see so many school children here in Thailand who buy their after school snacks (served in a plastic bag) and drop their garbage wherever they finish even beside the 'bin'.  I firmly believe that each day a different group of students should be placed on garbage detail to clean-up the streets - perhaps they would eventually get the message!

10 hours ago, cooked said:

7-11 is to blame for unnecessarily giving out so many really unnecessary plastic bags, refusing one is a hassle every time. I see stuff like this every week dumped along the rural road I use.

Nonsense. How much hassle is it to say 'no, thanks' to the bag?  Less hassle than it was for me to type it, which was no hassle.  You don't see rubbish dumped there by the 7-11s which is what I was commenting on.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nonsense. How much hassle is it to say 'no, thanks' to the bag?  Less hassle than it was for me to type it, which was no hassle.  You don't see rubbish dumped there by the 7-11s which is what I was commenting on.

Agree, I politely say no thank you.

If it's one item I carry it in my hand, if it's more I put it in my work bag or whatever. 

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:57 AM, mikebell said:

Everyone knows it's always the foreigners' fault: car accidents; littering (cigs on beaches); rapes & murder on islands; drunken fights.

Yep so true those dam foreigners littering 

You Never See any Thai Nationals littering what a joke always blame foreigners 

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nonsense. right. The look of confusion in the guy's eyes when you have to say it twice.  The fact that he will already have put five separate items in five separate bags. The fact that he will throw away the bags when you finally get him to take them back. Not a hassle, the fact is that these guys get strict training and it comes from company policy which could be changed easily enough.

Macro manages without supplying plastic bags, I'm sure BigC could as well. 

The whole issue is about the fact that the problem with plastic rubbish is well known, and that it hasn't penetrated into the consciousness of the political elite yet. 

It goes into the same category as public education about traffic safety: there isn't any. 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:02 AM, cooked said:

It took me a month or two but I sorted out how to get rid of paper. plastic and so on legally. A guy comes around for our stock pile every few months and we give it him; first time he wanted to pay us. (Two households). 

For smaller unsorted rubbish there are bins in the major towns if you know where to look but this is 'slightly' illegal I suppose. 

We were told in the village to burn our rubbish and not tip it out like this. I told our neighbout that burning plastic in his garden was as bad as forcing every one around to smoke 60 cigarettes a day, not quite true, but he got it. He does the same as us now. It really is a question of realising that people no longer use banana leaves to wrap their food and for stores to stop automatically giving you plastic bags, 7/11 is the worst in this, giving you straws with beer ....

I'm sorry - you don't drink beer with a straw ??

7 hours ago, cooked said:

Nonsense. right. The look of confusion in the guy's eyes when you have to say it twice.  The fact that he will already have put five separate items in five separate bags. The fact that he will throw away the bags when you finally get him to take them back. Not a hassle, the fact is that these guys get strict training and it comes from company policy which could be changed easily enough.

Yes, nonsense, and exaggerated nonsense at that. 

Perhaps you should tell the staff before your shopping is bagged that do not want bags?    7-11 staff are not "strictly trained" to put every item into a separate bag.  Perhaps it's you that is confusing the server, which would not be a little surprising if you had actually bought at least five different items and did not want a bag for them.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, nonsense, and exaggerated nonsense at that. 

Perhaps you should tell the staff before your shopping is bagged that do not want bags?    7-11 staff are not "strictly trained" to put every item into a separate bag.  Perhaps it's you that is confusing the server, which would not be a little surprising if you had actually bought at least five different items and did not want a bag for them.

I am amazed at the lengths people are going to to explain to me what I am doing wrong at 7-11. 

Do you want to see a foto of the T-shirts I had made, 'No plastic please' in That? Maybe you want to see what I bought that was so big that five items needed four bags? Anything else to tell me about what I am doing wrong when I go to 7-11? Go on, don't hold back I'm sure everyone is interested.