Prayut says SET rising because of junta’s economic management

rooster59

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prayut says SET rising because of junta’s economic management

I believe him. They have a general in education, a general in health, a general in justice, a general in transportation, a general in culture and morals, a general in economics - frankly, they are experts of everything..., except driving a tank. Can't do that, yet.

Investors like dividends and listed companies are getting richer because of economic policies that benefit them. The poor has no participation in this new wealth. They occasionally they get some crumbs thrown to them. SET up is a lopsided economic instrument where only those with the money can participate. I rather see GDP per capital or HDI increase. 

38 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Investors like dividends and listed companies are getting richer because of economic policies that benefit them. The poor has no participation in this new wealth. They occasionally they get some crumbs thrown to them. SET up is a lopsided economic instrument where only those with the money can participate. I rather see GDP per capital or HDI increase. 

Looking at markets is not about how much investors have gained but about confidence in business, it is relavent when the companies are based in Thailand, looking at something like the FTSE for the UK is much less reliable as the majority of the top 250 have large interests abroad so it really doesn't say much about confidence in UK business, but the SET does for Thailand.

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Delusional still. Strange how it only rose the day after an election time frame was stated. It should be accurately read as a total lack of confidence in Prayuth's economic management.

I wonder if he and his gang invested heavily the day before the announcement then sold quickly the day after?

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I wonder if he and his gang invested heavily the day before the announcement then sold quickly the day after?

There hasn't been much movement, a small blip for the announcement, it has actually been steady growth since last January following the crash.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:
4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What on earth are you on about?

The SET50 fell about 40% just over a year ago, I guess they confused the reduction to 60% of value for a 60% fall, regardless it has been a volatile market place.

Pay attention.  In a previous post I specifically mentioned I was referring to 1997.  I most certainly wasn't confused.

26 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:
29 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Pay attention.  In a previous post I specifically mentioned I was referring to 1997.  I most certainly wasn't confused.

Ok, any particular reason to bring up what happened so long ago when there was such a big crash just last year? 

For the very simple reason that I don't post nonsense and actually know what I'm writing about.  The SET opened on 4 January 2016 at 1,286.26 and closed on 30 December at 1,542.94 - up 20%.  There was no "big crash" last year.

4 minutes ago, Oxx said:

For the very simple reason that I don't post nonsense and actually know what I'm writing about.  The SET opened on 4 January 2016 at 1,286.26 and closed on 30 December at 1,542.94 - up 20%.  There was no "big crash" last year.

Ok, either pedantry or ignorance on your part, the crash started in 2015 but the lowest point was in January 2016.  So again, any reason why you brought up something so long ago rather than the much more recent crash?  And no need to be bolshy this time, it's just a question darling, I'm curious as to whether there was some reasoning behind it.

17 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:
24 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Ok, either pedantry or ignorance on your part, the crash started in 2015 but the lowest point was in January 2016.  So again, any reason why you brought up something so long ago rather than the much more recent crash?  And no need to be bolshy this time, it's just a question darling, I'm curious as to whether there was some reasoning behind it.

Again, it's because I don't post nonsense and actually know what I'm writing about.  The SET did not fall (as you wrote) "about 40% just over a year ago".  On 13/2/15 it peaked at 1615.89, and fell to 1224.83 on 7/2/16.  That's a fall, by my calculation, of 24.2% - nowhere near 40%, and pretty insignificant compared with the fall of 1997.

Incidentally, there was a similar 20+% fall in 2013.  I also didn't mention that for the same reason.

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Not that you have looked at any GDP figures.

18 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Again, it's because I don't post nonsense and actually know what I'm writing about.  The SET did not fall (as you wrote) "about 40% just over a year ago".  On 13/2/15 it peaked at 1615.89, and fell to 1224.83 on 7/2/16.  That's a fall, by my calculation, of 24.2% - nowhere near 40%, and pretty insignificant compared with the fall of 1997.

Incidentally, there was a similar 20+% fall in 2013.  I also didn't mention that for the same reason.

If you had followed your own advice and paid attention then you would have seen that I said the SET50, which fell to about 760 in Jan from about 1060 the previous Feb, actually more like 30%, a significant fall nonetheless.  And if your reasoning for choosing a particular fall cannot be expressed any better than not posting nonsense and knowing what you are talking about then you will have to entertain yourself, spend much time on your own?

No doubt he is following Donald Trumps lead in taking credit

I do actually like DT and believe he is doing many good things, I am not sure the Thai self elected leader is as street wise, but then I presume he was trained in jungle warfare

4 hours ago, al007 said:

I do actually like DT and believe he is doing many good things, I am not sure the Thai self elected leader is as street wise, but then I presume he was trained in jungle warfare

he was trained in jungle warfare

Oh Oh Oh trained in BullSH>> you mean

15 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The PM may not want people to think that the reason the market went up was because of the announcement of the election timetable...

...but I sure as hell think that.

I respect Gen Prayut. He's the best boss Thailand's had for years. But the SET is a cranky beast. It's a rigged,  pump-and-dump game that we play, milking suckers to pay for home improvements. 90% of trades are by computers - no humans need apply - while we humans play catch up for the scraps. It's a living.

Edited by jgarbo

5 hours ago, al007 said:

Learning with monkeys, you mean.

15 hours ago, Jap Pumkin said:

Many Thai people have stopped believing your B/S General

You twist everything to look good for yourself & the junta.

Its called "Ruling by Fooling"

So you'd prefer Thakin's Ruling by Screwing? I was there from the beginning. Where were you? 

Trump is trying to pull this very same stunt in the US.  In reality he's calling attention to growing income disparity.  A bullish stock market means absolutely nothing to the average family.  Millionaires are profiting beyond their wildest dreams, while the poor are still poor.  Wake me up when median household income rises as fast as the markets do.

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

Well done Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha ...  Thailand needs someone to control the political unrest and instability that the red shirts try to instill.

Image result for pics of Khun Prayuth Chan O CHA

Are you close family or just a FOOL!