Travel Insurance Reject

I recently took out travel insurance for a Singapore Airlines flight  Koh Samui to Brisbane return.

Morning of the return flight i had an accident and was detained in the A & E dept., of the local hospital, consequently missing the flight.

I have medical cert to confirm, not allowed to fly for one week due to concussion.

I informed the insurance company  AIG in Bangkok by email, that i would be in the UK for several weeks, describing my accident and subsequently having to pay for another flight back to Samui. And that i would contact them on my return to Thailand. At the time i contacted Singapore Air who informed me that all flights  in my class were fully booked but could only offer Business class or First class.  Thinking that the insurance would not cover this, i found a seat with Qantas/Emirates at approx the same price.

Consequently  the insurance company have sent me a letter declining my application on two grounds.

Both these two grounds were incorrect and not applicable, so i sent them a polite letter explaining their mistakes. That was on the 2nd of October 2017.  To date, 15th October, they have not even acknowledged those letters. What can i do next. A friend has told me that there is some kind of a department on the island where disgruntled  or unsatisfied persons can appeal against the  Singapore Airlines/AIG Insurance decision.

Can anyone give me advice on this matter.

Regards OS

Archived