Thai woman arrested for stealing 6,000 euros from German tourist in Pattaya

webfact

Thai woman arrested for stealing 6,000 euros from German tourist

By The Nation

A Thai woman was arrested on Wednesday for stealing 6,000 euros (about Bt234,000) in cash from a 74-year-old German tourist inside his Pattaya hotel room.

Pattaya police arrested Ad Soison, 40, from Kalasin, at her apartment room in Moo 12 in Tambon Nongplue in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

Pol Captain Akkhapong Jatuprom, deputy inspector of Pattaya police station, said Ad was accused of stealing from Wolfgang Angete.

The tourist filed a complaint with police, saying that he took a Thai woman to his hotel room at 10pm on October 10, and 6,000 euros in cash was missing after she left.

Police checked footage of the hotel’s CCTVs, traced the woman and arrested her.

Ad said she has bought a motorcycle and some gold ornaments with the money.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329563

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-18

What a dumb and horrible bitch? Every Hotel has CCTV these days, so you are almost certainly going to be caught. I have no sympathy for her and hope she has a miserable time in Jail. Fair play to the BIB for catching her and hopefully recovering most of the money.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would a tourist have that much money in cash ? Even in large denomination bills, thats a suitcase full of money.

And not in the safe etc. More to this story I think.

6,000 Euros in the largest denomination of 500 would be 12 banknotes :biggrin: It must be a very tiny suitcase.

7 minutes ago, kotsak said:

6,000 Euros in the largest denomination of 500 would be 12 banknotes :biggrin: It must be a very tiny suitcase.

Yes you are right, I was thinking in terms of Baht. Its still odd that you would have that amount of money not locked up.

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Why would a tourist have that much money in cash ? Even in large denomination bills, thats a suitcase full of money.

lol......are you high bro? $6k isn't much or a suitcase full of money.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Because the atm's charge 220  baht for every 10.000 withdrawal maybe? Malaysian or Singaporese atm's don't do that so it's a thai scam.

Also you can't rely on atm's in Thailand, i had many problems with them and they have huge qeueu's at the end of the month.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

In EURO 500 notes there would have been 12 notes, in EURO 200 notes, 30 notes. One doesn't need a suitcase to keep 12, 30, or even 60 notes. Your question about the safe is justified, but how many of us are so careful? 

Another question is, where did the man pick the "lady" up? If , as I assume from the street, the whole story is no surprise. I am not an angel, but it escapes my mind, how people can be that stupid and/or careless to take to one's hotel room a "lady" from the street. She could have drugged him, stolen more than she did, or even killed him. Aren't there enough agencies, clubs etc. where one can get a girl and take her, or have her sent, to the hotel room?

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

She promised to pay him back in instalments of 100 baht a month.  Police are thinking of fining her 500 baht.

Or sooner if she can come across another "Patsy" who prefers past the sale-by date p--sy

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

6000 euro is not that much in physical size,,, but I think it's an old school way of traveling before you could just use a debit card everywhere in the world... 

I think the proper way to travel nowadays is to split your money into multiple accounts with different debits cards for different accounts (at least 2, so that if you lose one debit card you are not completely broke) and then have access to internet banking and try to find a bank that does not add huge fees for foreign atm withdrawals ..

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes you are right, I was thinking in terms of Baht. Its still odd that you would have that amount of money not locked up.

Even in THB , it is only 2,5 stacks of 100 x 1000 B notes . You see them all the time in Thai banks .

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I am sorry, but that is just plain untrue. Euros are available in 1,000 Euro denomination bills. That would be six bills. Even if in common 100 Euro denominations it would be only 60 bills, and less than one half inch thick. Did you mistake and think he had it in baht?
Not every hotel room has a safe, though I personally would have checked that amount at the hotel desk if available, or had most of it in traveler's checks.
Far, far, far from a suitcase, at any rate.
Ah, I see Abraham has pre-empted my reply. ^^^:smile:

Maybe he did he not trust the safe in his room assuming he had one, neither the hotel safe at  the reception ?

How much did the poor chap agree to pay and was it for a ST or LT ? or maybe some juicy extra specials !???:crazy:

He is lucky as he could have indulged in a Pattaya special crash coure in skydiving  from his balcony.

Hope he gets back some of the money and that the motorcycle and gold are seized from the female thief.

Good job from the Thai police. :clap2:

10 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

I am sorry, but that is just plain untrue. Euros are available in 1,000 Euro denomination bills. That would be six bills. Even if in common 100 Euro denominations it would be only 60 bills, and less than one half inch thick. Did you mistake and think he had it in baht?
Not every hotel room has a safe, though I personally would have checked that amount at the hotel desk if available, or had most of it in traveler's checks.
Far, far, far from a suitcase, at any rate.
Ah, I see Abraham has pre-empted my reply. ^^^:smile:

KIndly allow me to correct a detail in your post if I may.

But if you have a 1000 €uro bill, I would not try to spend it,  as it is a fake!!.

The highest denomination is 500€ (and that too will be retired from print by the European Central bank  in 2018 onwards).

Most European banks do not advise carrying the 500€ bill abroad as the foreign money changers prefer to purchase smaller denominations for the Euro.

You must be confusing with the lovely Swiss Franc that has 1000 CHF bills. And never tell the Swiss that you mistook their strong currency for €uro, as it would offend them...:cheesy:.....Have a nice day.

Edited by observer90210

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

KIndly allow me to correct a detail in your post if I may.

But if you have a 1000 €uro bill, I would not try to spend it,  as it is a fake!!.

Absolutely! Correct away.
I must have been thinking about 1,000 baht motes at the same time as trying to visualize a suitcase full of Euros, 5555.
I was going to correct "motes" to "notes", but maybe it is apt. 

Edited by Bill Miller
spelling.

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Some tourists actually carry money; which may be one reason travelers are allowed to bring in $10k or more in cash into most countries. And, he wouldn't need a suit case unless it were in Euro coins.

Even in Baht its 234 bank notes (of 1000 baht notes)...  it would fit in a large envelope - In fact it is just 2 'wads' not really much at all. 

Stupid old fool, he must be a newbie. Always assume that when you take one of these women to your hotel room, if they spot something small and valuable, they will take it. Usually when you are in the shower. Reason, I always keep cash in my pocket and disrobe in the bathroom, whereafter, I roll up my trousers into a tight ball, and keep them well away from the bed, on top of a tall wardrobe for example. Other valuables are in the room safe.

In 500 Euro bills, the largest available, it is just 12 bills. Far from a suitcase-full of money!

10 minutes ago, hobobo said:

In 500 Euro bills, the largest available, it is just 12 bills. Far from a suitcase-full of money!

Yes, 427 posters have corrected me. It was sort of a metaphor, as in a pile of money, a stack of money etc. 

More a comment on having that amount of money unsecured in your room.

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, 427 posters have corrected me. It was sort of a metaphor, as in a pile of money, a stack of money etc. 

More a comment on having that amount of money unsecured in your room.

427 posters? but how can that be? we're only post #31...  does your propensity for preposterous exaggeration often run this far amok ? :shock1:

Edited by richard_smith237