Police lawbreakers! "They are the law..... but they do as they please"

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Someone tell me what country police don't break the law.

This is about Thailand where blatant corruption seems to be blatantly acceptable and generally not punished. Not among all but too large a percentage of them. Bearing in mind that if some chiefs are corrupt then it is likely that many indians will also be corrupt!

Sure 'police corruption' can happen anywhere but in more advanced cultures there is probably some sort of oversight committee or integrity commission to punish those who get caught. I hope you spot the difference. :smile:

Looking at the police here they are a disgrace When a cop here sees 4 people on a bike wearing no helmets and does nothing about it what does that tell you? Or when a biker runs the red light and he is the cop on the bike doing it what does that tell you? There is a song out called " The dream police" by cheap trick. i think they wrote that song when they toured Thailand because this police force is def the Dream police A police force in dreams not in reality

Not any different than police in Canada. I rarely see them driving the speed limit, signaling

lane changes, stopping at stop signs, or while making a right turn on a red light.

Very much a, you follow the rules of the road, and I will drive as I please. 

Nothing new, I got a fine for being in the middle lane instead of the left lane on my motorbike. The cop agreed to let me follow him to the station as I didn't know the route, and he proceeded to ride there wearing no helmet and riding against the flow of traffic 70% of the way. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well, even if the police had integrity and honour, they’d actually have to know and understand the laws they’re supposed to uphold before we could really start with reform. 

They are clueless. 

Looks like a tesaban (municipal police)vehicle. Confiscating illegal stall or shop? Driving slowly not too dangerous. Don't have a heart attack over this. Small stuff. 

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Looking at the police here they are a disgrace When a cop here sees 4 people on a bike wearing no helmets and does nothing about it what does that tell you? Or when a biker runs the red light and he is the cop on the bike doing it what does that tell you? There is a song out called " The dream police" by cheap trick. i think they wrote that song when they toured Thailand because this police force is def the Dream police A police force in dreams not in reality

Lighten up. Have your heart attack offline. 

No sign of holding down ropes or bungies, neither . . . no need, they must have thought, with Thailand being such a flat place. For what this says about the 'Order' bit of the floundering NCP'O', the culprits should be hung out to dry. It could only be Thailand, Amazing Thailand. Come on, you tourists . . . come and laugh at our 'Police Force' in action.

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

Lighten up. Have your heart attack offline. 

Its ok No need to have a heart attack. You may think it is funny I dont. Oh i just saw a accident The guy on the motorbike swerved to miss some thing and came off right in front of me Guess what he is dead. Why is he dead? He hit his head on the bitumen and died He was not wearing a helmet. May be just maybe if police enforced the rule that guy be still alive. So i am cool about all mate my heart is fine how is yours? Oh by the way have you heard the song " Dream Police" you might actually like it Its funny

2 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Looks like a tesaban (municipal police)vehicle. Confiscating illegal stall or shop? Driving slowly not too dangerous. Don't have a heart attack over this. Small stuff. 

No one’s having a heart attack. People are just reiniforcing their low opinions of the police here. 

A few weeks ago I went to the police station to have an abandoned vehicle towed away from the road in front of my home...after paying the police to find out who owned the vehicle, I was told that it belonged to a cop...I was told to forget the matter, by the sergeant on duty...so I told them I would tow the car to the police station and they can enjoy it...if it is no problem, then they should welcome the addition of the car...i left the station with the promise that they will have a new addition to the police station parking lot...later that night, the car was removed...

thai police are ticks on the society...i do not see what good they do, except to provide ceremonial pageantry when needed....so basically, thais are supporting a bunch of pretty uniforms...laundry.

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i believe they have a clue; they use the law when they want to,

to their own personal advantage; there is no 'public duty';

they are thai after all, their own perceived needs are paramount;

if they feel they have to break the law, they do

How about?       They are clueless 51 : 49 They have a clue . . . then everyone's happy, give or take.

Edited by Ossy
correction

This is an ongoing problem that crosses into so many areas of day to day activities. Some are due to carelessness and other incidents are intentionally done, targeted at specific individuals or categories of people, and can be very brazen. Tourist are often the victims and when they return to their homes or travel in other countries they recount their experiences with the Thai police over and over again. Probably not what the tourist industry needs.

3 hours ago, hdkane said:

thai police are ticks on the society...i do not see what good they do, except to provide ceremonial pageantry when needed....so basically, thais are supporting a bunch of pretty uniforms...laundry.

and you have a higher opinion of them than most; my thai family Hates them

This is another reason why Thai people do'nt obey the law. I have seen Police on bikes and trucks break the law many times. Driving the wrong way up a dual carriageway. Making illegal u turns. Not observing the traffic lights. 

But if we get caught!!!!!!