Chevrolet Colorado

Beryl123

Don't worry after 5  e mails to Chevrolet  Thailand with them avoiding the question they finally  said "we  dont know its  top speed or if it has  a limiter" Great so they don't  know  what they are  selling.

Next tried online chat with Chevrolet Malaysia  but all they want is an e  mail phone number shoe  size  blood type and still "dont  know"

Chevrolet if you are  looking in.............................I'm going to by  Mitsubishi instead as  at least I  know how  fast it  will go and that is doesn't have  a speed  limiter.

Retards!

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

table

All of the pickups look limited for top speed here....and they are all much the same. They can be unlocked but not sure why you would want to do 200+ km/h in a pickup. 

Hi Ye s just found this  out but why doesn't the manufacturer Chevvy know this in Thailand, thanks above to the  guy  who mentioned the ECU shop, contacted them and they can remove speed limiters for 8k baht.

I dont want to do 200kmh but I dont like  "nanny"  enforcing it  on me. Ill have to check tyre ratings  next but U rated  will do.

I dont want to do 200kmh but I dont like  "nanny"  enforcing it  on me. Ill have to check tyre ratings  next but U rated  will do.

Ever consider that the vehicle may be unsafe at speeds above the limited speed? 

You don't want to go faster, in fact you were going to buy the slower Mitsubishi before you found out that the Colorado's limiter can be removed, so now you're going to spend B8,000 to not go any faster just because the limiter is there?  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

By the way, any car or pickup can be delimited.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

You don't want to go faster, in fact you were going to buy the slower Mitsubishi before you found out that the Colorado's limiter can be removed, so now you're going to spend B8,000 to not go any faster just because the limiter is there?  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Im sorry it  seems you know my mind better than me, perhaps you'd  like to pay for it too? You tube pulls up several 200kmh Tritons  stock trim in Thailand and it has tyres rated to T on some models which is about 118mph

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Ever consider that the vehicle may be unsafe at speeds above the limited speed? 

Ever consider that in different markets  they have different engines and specs like the American 350+hp Colorado V6 and thats  limited to 98mph...............  so Thailands  limit  is about 184kmh with a 180hp engine and America is  about 160kmh with a 350hp v6..................you figure it  out if its  "really" unsafe and the American model has all wheel disc  brakes here disc/drum

Australia Chevrolet told me today they have no speed  limit on their Colorados

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

You'd  better inform Chevrolet Thailand as they "havent a clue"

The  toss up was between the Triton and the Chevvy The Triton is slightly less costwise but the Chevvy has a lot of trick stuff in such as remote  start. I prefer the look of the Triton more and my local dealer is 5  km as  opposed to 30km for Chevvy.

Edited by Beryl123

1 minute ago, Beryl123 said:

Im sorry it  seems you know my mind better than me, perhaps you'd  like to pay for it too? You tube pulls up several 200kmh Tritons  stock trim in Thailand and it has tyres rated to T on some models which is about 118mph

I was making an observation, what makes you think that I'd like to pay for your pointless (personal opinion only) exercise?  

I certainly didn't say anything about 200kph speeds or tyre ratings but I will now...there are no such things as 200kph Tritons in stock trim, if they're doing 200kph they cannot be stock, production Tritons have 180kph speed limiters!

The 2.4  manual hits 185kmh in the test above, its  not  pointless if  you pay:thumbsup:

Fixed[edit]

In European markets, General Motors Europe sometimes allow certain high-powered Opel or Vauxhall cars to exceed the 250 km/h (155 mph) mark, whereas their Cadillacs do not.[citation needed] The Chrysler 300C SRT8 is limited to 270 km/h.[citation needed] Most Japanese domestic market vehicles are limited to 180 km/h (112 mph) or 190 km/h (118 mph).[7]

BMW, Mercedes and others have entered into a gentlemen's agreement to a limit of 250 km/h (155 mph),[8][9] but may 'unhook' their speed limited cars in Europe, and Mercedes will provide some vehicles in the USA without limiters for an additional price.[10] There are also third-party companies who will re-flash vehicle computers with new software which will remove the speed limits and improve overall performance.

Many small and medium-sized commercial vehicles are now routinely fitted with speed limiters as a manufacturer option, with a mind towards reducing fuel bills, maintenance costs and insurance premiums, as well as discouraging employees from abusing company vehicles, attracting speeding fines and attracting bad publicity.[opinion] These limiters are set somewhat lower than for sports cars, typically at 56, 62, 68 or 70 mph (90, 100, 109 or 113 km/h) in the UK, with options for 75 and 81 km/h (47 and 50 mph) listed in countries where these speeds are legal.[citation needed]Often the fitting of a limiter is combined with a small warning sticker on the rear of the vehicle, stating its maximum speed, to discourage drivers who may themselves be delayed by having to follow it from tailgating or other aggressive driving intended to intimidate the lead driver into accelerating

14 hours ago, Beryl123 said:

Hi Ye s just found this  out but why doesn't the manufacturer Chevvy know this in Thailand, thanks above to the  guy  who mentioned the ECU shop, contacted them and they can remove speed limiters for 8k baht.

Powerlab are good as well, I'm getting them to do some injector work done on my colorado in a couple of days

https://www.facebook.com/powerlabthailand/

Edited by akirasan

12 hours ago, Beryl123 said:

The 2.4  manual hits 185kmh in the test above, its  not  pointless if  you pay:thumbsup:

Fixed[edit]

In European markets, General Motors Europe sometimes allow certain high-powered Opel or Vauxhall cars to exceed the 250 km/h (155 mph) mark, whereas their Cadillacs do not.[citation needed] The Chrysler 300C SRT8 is limited to 270 km/h.[citation needed] Most Japanese domestic market vehicles are limited to 180 km/h (112 mph) or 190 km/h (118 mph).[7]

BMW, Mercedes and others have entered into a gentlemen's agreement to a limit of 250 km/h (155 mph),[8][9] but may 'unhook' their speed limited cars in Europe, and Mercedes will provide some vehicles in the USA without limiters for an additional price.[10] There are also third-party companies who will re-flash vehicle computers with new software which will remove the speed limits and improve overall performance.

Many small and medium-sized commercial vehicles are now routinely fitted with speed limiters as a manufacturer option, with a mind towards reducing fuel bills, maintenance costs and insurance premiums, as well as discouraging employees from abusing company vehicles, attracting speeding fines and attracting bad publicity.[opinion] These limiters are set somewhat lower than for sports cars, typically at 56, 62, 68 or 70 mph (90, 100, 109 or 113 km/h) in the UK, with options for 75 and 81 km/h (47 and 50 mph) listed in countries where these speeds are legal.[citation needed]Often the fitting of a limiter is combined with a small warning sticker on the rear of the vehicle, stating its maximum speed, to discourage drivers who may themselves be delayed by having to follow it from tailgating or other aggressive driving intended to intimidate the lead driver into accelerating

We're talking Thai pickups here, not European high end cars.

Up to you, but your exercise seems to be one in futility.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

We're talking Thai pickups here, not European high end cars.

Up to you, but your exercise seems to be one in futility.

Futile or not doesnt  matter to me retirement gives  you all the time in the world, but  I was trying to show the poster  Giddyup that I dont believe trucks are restricted  by top speed for "safety" reasons or the vehicle  not being able to handle  that top speed, tyre ratings though is another  matter maybe they can save money fitting cheaper tyres and limiting top speed but  usually an updated  model always gets a bit  more grunt as they then turn up the power which was already there making old customers then "desire" the new model.

.Australia told me they dont restrict their Colorado which  makes me question speed restrictions and also differing limits as mentioned AMERICA has a  98mph  limit 158kmh on the same Colorado thats  limited here to about 180kmh, last time I checked America wasnt in Europe:thumbsup:

I'm not buying a  new pick up until middle  of  next year am awaiting any updates  one of which is  on the Triton, 

I checked out the Colorado a  few  days  back, plenty of bang for the buck but im not over keen on the styling, also limited dealerships nationwide. I found the new Hilux plain dull to  look at.

The Chevrolet e  mail responses I got  were more interested in knowing my name address phone  number etc and then  referring me right back to the brochure which doesnt in any way answer the  question I asked  them in the very first mail i sent them.

I didnt give my phone or address as the likelihood of junk mail/phone calls off them  is  high, same as when i go into a  dealers they all want your personal information.