Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

webfact

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What a tosser he is.

I love the last minute-or-so, when he gets all wild-eyed, and looks like he's ready to punch Andrew Neil for exposing his campaign group's dishonesty. The modern liberal left think they are entitled when it comes to lying.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

This could suggest that if you were old, uneducated, and poor, you would be more likely to vote leave, but that is reading far to much into it. The remain voting young are also likely to be among the poor for example.

You could also argue the young are inexperienced, easily influenced by teachers and lecturers (I know I was) and have not found their own way in life yet. They have also only known life as part of the EU, and would perhaps not look into the negatives of the EU.

7 hours ago, taipeir said:

I don't think it will remain the finance hub of Europe at this rate. Maybe global tax haven ? Good luck with how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You don't think it will remain the financial hub? It must be true then :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You could also argue the young are inexperienced, easily influenced by teachers and lecturers (I know I was) and have not found their own way in life yet. They have also only known life as part of the EU, and would perhaps not look into the negatives of the EU.

The difference is Nigel Garvie stated facts, you state conclusions/arguments.

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you still deny being a Remainer? There's no need to feel embarrassed about it. Plenty of good people voted remain.

I'm just an outsider looking in.

You're twisting arguments, and when that is pointed out you try to make it personal.

Edited by stevenl

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

University courses are designed to increase knowledge in certain subjects - not to increase knowledge in ALL subjects.  And, as far as I know, there isn't (yet...)  a degree course on 'crystal ball gazing'.  Although it's possible that this is partially covered in politics and business management degrees?

By frequently referring to largely the uneducated/stupid etc. voting to 'leave' - it's difficult to now pretend that "Nobody said anything about intelligence"....

It's quite possible that bloomberg has a v high IQ, but he clearly has no knowledge or understanding of the lives of those in far lower income brackets.

They are designed to educate. Full stop.

They are NOT specifically for vocational training.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:18 PM, Stocky said:

Big business and Mr Bloomberg might have been doing "so well" but Joe Soap, the average UK citizen, hasn't been; hence the vote to leave.

....and the thing is they thing they'll do better out of the EU? No wonder big business was doing so well.

Of course the EU wasn't just about big business, but try telling a Brexiteer that.

the reality is the rich will do fine outsod th EU - with cheaper labour and a more pliant workforce and limited goods they will have a third world economy they can make new fortune out of.

just check the value of the pound and the intentions of the last remaining manufacturers.

21 hours ago, Grouse said:

How would that be a betrayal? Please ask a Brexiter if you know one!

I am sure you understand how it would be a betrayal. Stopping automatic freedom of movement was part of the Britexit agender.

The few friends i talk to about this are from the north of England, one in particular left for Thailand purely because he felt like a foreigner in his home town. Not for the sun and women here. 

The only person who i have talked to who wanted to remain had already lived in Thailand for 20 odd years, he was only worried about his pension.

I rely purely on my money in the Uk, it was 75 baht to the pound when i moved here, so 43 has been a hardship. But the decline started way before Britexit.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I'm just an outsider looking in.

You're twisting arguments, and when that is pointed out you try to make it personal.

Ok, so I gather you're not a UK citizen.  Thanks for clarifying.

I try to counter arguments, rather than twist them. If you have an example of me twisting an argument please show me.

On 26/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, Grouse said:

Facile. I don't think you understand

Of course I will still buy Porsches. What about UK "manufactured" cars. Do you understand supply chains?

It never ceases to amaze me many people comment on articles they have consummately failed to read correctly.

Obviously the strongest word in your literally vocabulary is facile, however your understanding of that word is entirely on a parr with your understanding of the words in the article.

Exactly the level of intelligence it took to be a remainer.

UK population 'to top 70 million in 12 years'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34666382

And, Trump's Stupid. Hell, You don't any stink'en borders.

BK.jpg.59328c7016dc1adec4ff0926afac2f54.jpg

Dr Jo Michell, of the University of the West of England, said the population rise would increase the pressure on public services.

"It will have an impact on public services such as health and education, services which are already under pressure because of cuts in government services and cuts which are planned for the next five years," he said.

"So the government should consider whether these cuts are appropriate at such a time."

Good luck with your healthcare in retirement.

I am sure you understand how it would be a betrayal. Stopping automatic freedom of movement was part of the Britexit agender.  

Yes, stopping automatic freedom.of movement was motivation behind some Brexit voters.

So was NHS (bizarrely given no evidence linking immigrants with its evisceration )

So was rich Vs poor

So was urban Vs rural

So was Us Vs London

So was Me Vs the Government /Cameron

Now even in the case that we assume that a majority of Brexit voters who turned out to vote were motivated by immigration as a primary concern (and we have some evidence for this), that still leaves less than a majority of voters voting for controls on immigration!

So while the anti immigration crowd make plenty of noise , including the UK cabinet, there is NOT any evidence a majority of UK prople want to abolish freedom of movement.

That's why it would have been better to ask that question in the referendum then take it from there.

UK population 'to top 70 million in 12 years'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34666382  

And, Trump's Stupid. Hell, You don't any stink'en borders.

BK.jpg.59328c7016dc1adec4ff0926afac2f54.jpg&key=5201a1ddd2b81580e29b5379a2af3d6741e1afe259f44145b403fb504a90dc8b

Dr Jo Michell, of the University of the West of England, said the population rise would increase the pressure on public services.

"It will have an impact on public services such as health and education, services which are already under pressure because of cuts in government services and cuts which are planned for the next five years," he said.

"So the government should consider whether these cuts are appropriate at such a time."

Good luck with your healthcare in retirement.

The vast majority of those immigrants are young, fit and healthy. Large numbers actually work in the health services. Its the Tory government austerity policies along with lack of investment in the regions which results in 'pressure ' on public services.

One can certainly want more controls on immigration but it's unfair to blame immigrants on government social policies.

16 hours ago, adammike said:

That's me that is,I am a brit, not embarrassed,not self loathing, but you will be when May gets the boot and there is a photo op when the UK leaves/crashes out with premier Johnson, and the smug faces of Gove,Davis,Fox,Ledsom,cash,Fox etc outside no10.and the smug face of Nigel sprouting crap from every screen.Its Brexit that may take us all down. 

Not embarrassed,not self loathing,just bitter.

2 hours ago, Janner1 said:

It never ceases to amaze me many people comment on articles they have consummately failed to read correctly.

Obviously the strongest word in your literally vocabulary is facile, however your understanding of that word is entirely on a parr with your understanding of the words in the article.

Exactly the level of intelligence it took to be a remainer.

Splendid! Literally vocabulary!

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

No, it's the reason why the globalists, fronted by the liberal left, are winning. The modern liberal left fights dirty with it's smear campaigns, street warriors shouting down any opposition, etc, and it's plain dishonesty.

Andrew Neil just had that lying remoaner for breakfast.Brilliant.

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you still deny being a Remainer? There's no need to feel embarrassed about it. Plenty of good people voted remain.

Exactly,still not one example of him replying negatively to a remoaner.Outed.

Edited by dundee48

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Your painting of the debate as a fight between some noble, freedom loving good guys and the evil establishment suggests that you have either fallen for the crap of the tax-avoiding multi-millionaire non-dom parasites who bank-rolled the Brexit campaign, or you are simply unaware of how they have hoodwinked you.

3712.jpg.64f39e832f0b509e07116ce38666a377.jpg

A nice flow chart.

Perhaps I should have seen it before I voted to leave.

That would have really confirmed my vote.

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Only looking at facts mate, not emotions.

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Only looking at facts mate, not emotions.

We all like facts,i just find it strange that an apparent `outsider looking in`never pulls up any remoaners citing dubious`facts`.

Apparently not an objective `outsider looking in`.

Edited by dundee48

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I said, "This could suggest that if you were old, uneducated, and poor, you would be more likely to vote leave, but that is reading far to much into it". I understand that interpreting statistical data accurately is very difficult, ask particle physicists, or sociologists. Two things appear to me from the large number of posts on this whole topic. Education and intelligence  whilst broadly correlated are obviously not the same thing. Some members humour circuits appear to be damaged, as the whole "Don't give pensioners the vote" article I posted has been taken seriously, though it is clearly tongue in cheek. There is a valid point there of course, but the purpose of humour - very often - is to lighten the message.