Thailand Elite & 90 day report

My friend bought the 5 year Thailand Elite membership. When doing the first online 90 day report he didn't get any answer or reply. So he send an mail to thailand Elite, and the told him that Thailand Elite members can't do the online reporting!!! It sounds very strange to me that the most expensive visa would not be allowed to do it online? Is this really true?

huh. So if you are in one of the cities where the Elite folks do the 90 day, well, they do it.  But if you are in another part of the country you are not eligible to do the 90 day report online?  And they will still make you file the 90 day report in the province or whatever that you "live in" so you can't like send the stuff to Elite and let them sort it out. 

7 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

huh. So if you are in one of the cities where the Elite folks do the 90 day, well, they do it.  But if you are in another part of the country you are not eligible to do the 90 day report online?  And they will still make you file the 90 day report in the province or whatever that you "live in" so you can't like send the stuff to Elite and let them sort it out. 

and forget not the postal option for the 90; apparently not all IOs will accept and process them, however i used that option to great advantage for years in a former province

17 minutes ago, khunerik said:

When doing the first online 90 day report he didn't get any answer or reply. So he send an mail to thailand Elite, and the told him that Thailand Elite members can't do the online reporting!!! It sounds very strange to me that the most expensive visa would not be allowed to do it online? Is this really true?

Not true.

If they were able to do the application online and got pending status that means it was sent to a local office. It seems it was a case of the local office not processing the report. If there had been a problem with the report it would of been disapproved and that would of been shown instead of pending.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not true.

If they were able to do the application online and got pending status that means it was sent to a local office. It seems it was a case of the local office not processing the report. If there had been a problem with the report it would of been disapproved and that would of been shown instead of pending.

UBJ: in his case , what if, in order to 'protect himself', he either went in person or used postal and thus had two 90's in the works, would that be an issue ? i guess it would be the same as if a person did one, forgot, and did it again; issues ?

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

UBJ: in his case , what if, in order to 'protect himself', he either went in person or used postal and thus had two 90's in the works, would that be an issue ? i guess it would be the same as if a person did one, forgot, and did it again; issues ?

If is pending for a long time they should cancel the application online before doing it in person or by mail so there is no conflict.

2 minutes ago, khunerik said:

He already went to the office and did it in person. But like to know the answer for the next report. 

He should try to it online again. Somes office were not aware until recently that the online reporting was working. When did he try doing it online and to which office?

1 minute ago, khunerik said:

It was the Samui office. And I'm not sure when he did it. But the online reporting was working when he did it

Samui has been reported as not processing the reports. Perhaps that has changed but since they will not accept mailed in reports as well I doubt it has.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, khunerik said:

So if he had the Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Pattaya office he could do the online report with Thailand Elite?

Yes he could.

There is no restriction on the type of visa or extension a person has to do online reporting as long as they are allowed to stay longer than 90 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, khunerik said:

It was the Samui office. And I'm not sure when he did it. But the online reporting was working when he did it

It's not the system, it's Samui that refuse to process them.

They tell everyone the 'online' doesn't work.

If it wasn't working, you wouldn't get a 'pending' acknowledgement.

According to reports you have to make 90 day reports in person at Samui.

5 hours ago, khunerik said:

My friend bought the 5 year Thailand Elite membership. When doing the first online 90 day report he didn't get any answer or reply. So he send an mail to thailand Elite, and the told him that Thailand Elite members can't do the online reporting!!! It sounds very strange to me that the most expensive visa would not be allowed to do it online? Is this really true?

Although it's an online application the local office have to process the report manually. The office usually know the person reporting because they issued them with an extension of stay, however, people entering with permission to stay over 90 days would not be known, and this is where the system seems to fall down.

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The office usually know the person reporting because they issued them with an extension of stay, however, people entering with permission to stay over 90 days would not be known, and this is where the system seems to fall down.

Perhaps but they should still process the application and mark it as not approved.

No difference between a PE visa and a OA visa. Once the first 90 day report is done in person they are known to the local office.

7 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

Hello, so do you think that someone who lives where it is not possible to report online could declare himself as living somewhere else where it is possible ? Thanks.

It could be done but it would require formally changing your address which probably would require proof of residence at the new address used.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

Hello, so do you think that someone who lives where it is not possible to report online could declare himself as living somewhere else where it is possible ? Thanks.

No because the office that cover the area of the fake address wouldn't know you and wouldn't process the report.

• Like 1

The guys with agent-procured visas, from immigration offices serving an area where they don't live, are in a similar situation as you describe ...

37 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

So I would just need to rent a cheap room somewhere and declare it as where I live ?

... and go to that location's local immigration office and pretend you moved there ...

But - it is Not Legal to report living where you don't live - so I would not recommend this.  What is "possible" to get the 90-day reporting to "function" - and what is "legal" to do in reality - do not coincide, in this scenario.

The best workaround to offices that don't bother to "approve" any online 90-day reports, would be mail-in 90-day reports.

• Like 1

With the Thai Elite you have the luxury or going to their office and dropping off your passport and picking it up the next day on a second trip while all us grunts have to do it in one trip at the local Imm office.  Ahhh to be Elite.  One can dream.

I have the Thailand Elite visa, inhabit the Bangkok area, and for whatever reason have never  been able to report online.

I just have the Thailand Elite people do it for me.
I personally have found them very ineffective to date regarding any of my various queries / requests

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk