Thais online express concern for "incoherent Western man with 20 baht lying on the sidewalk"

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Really?

You can't see why posting videos and photos, and by their actions humiliating them to a wider audience, of someone in this manner is contemptible?

You don't see that it is the act of non entity morons, desperate for likes/hits on their posts?

Wow!

That is quite an unpleasant thing to say about the people who posted the video .

Describing them as "non entity morons" and claiming that they are "desperate for likes"

If the guy put himself into a humiliating situation , in public view , then, he must take the consequences

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really?

You can't see why posting videos and photos, and by their actions humiliating the those in the photos/videos to a wider audience, of someone in this manner is contemptible?

You don't see that it is the act of non entity morons, desperate for likes/hits on their posts?

Wow!

Exactly!

I wonder how well this would have gone over if that was a Young Thai Man lying there? Who appears obviously drunk! I have seen quite a few of these around also. But would not dream of posting them on Facebook.  

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is quite an unpleasant thing to say about the people who posted the video .

Describing them as "non entity morons" and claiming that they are "desperate for likes"

If the guy put himself into a humiliating situation , in public view , then, he must take the consequences

What the guy in the video did was stupid.

What those who posted the video/pictures did is contemptible.

I write unpleasant truths about them, because what they did was...well...unpleasant.

Edited by Bluespunk

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What the guy in the video did was stupid.

What those who posted the video/pictures did is contemptible.

I write unpleasant truths about them, because what they did was...well...unpleasant.

Again I agree!

Without sounded to religious as the Bible says: "Who can cast the first stone?"

Who among us here hasn't done something really stupid, and especially when they were Drunk? Who among us would want this stupid act published on Facebook for a life-time, and for all family, friends and present or future employers to see?

It is not okay just because it is the other guy! I think we have all at one time or another done some pretty stupid things we felt ashamed of later, and a lot more ashamed if everyone else in the World knew about it to.

10 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Again I agree!

Without sounded to religious as the Bible says: "Who can cast the first stone?"

Who among us here hasn't done something really stupid, and especially when they were Drunk? Who among us would want this stupid act published on Facebook for a life-time, and for all family, friends and present or future employers to see?

It is not okay just because it is the other guy! I think we have all at one time or another done some pretty stupid things we felt ashamed of later, and a lot more ashamed if everyone else in the World knew about it to.

Exactly.

Completely agree with you.

39 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

BTW, it wasnt posted on Facebook, Thairuth seems to be where it was posted

22 hours ago, nausea said:

Incoherent at 6am - doesn't sound like a hangover, and you usually drink yourself sober by that time; spiked drink, maybe. He has that English teacher look, this would go down well with the school and pupils. Whatever, sticking it on social media is doing him no favours.

What is the English teacher look? Are you from the identity police?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Whomever filmed him or took pics and then put them online should be asking themselves serious questions about their motive. Call the hospital or police if you're that concerned. 

If I come across a drunk person who might seemingly be in distress, my first instinct is to ask them if they're okay. Even if they become abusive and tell me to **** off, It doesn't cross my mind for a second to film them and post it online. I would simply just be on my way knowing I've tried to do the decent thing.

This is nothing more than sanctimonious and ignorant posting. 

That is you .

Other people choose to film it and put it on-line .

They did call the authorities .

All the people who looked at the photos and film then complaining that someone took photos and filmed it .

15 hours ago, mikosan said:

Who cares?

As it is your imagination that makes him just another drunken faring clearly you do not care. Imo his friends and family may care as well as emergency room staff. Not uncommon for people appearing in his state to have intracranial bleeding. If you write him off as another drunk and send him on his way he can/will die unnecessarily. Perhaps "another drunk" will be your family member or friend in the future, but "who cares"?

Edited by atyclb

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is you .

Other people choose to film it and put it on-line .

They did call the authorities .

All the people who looked at the photos and film then complaining that someone took photos and filmed it .

Yes, that is me and that it the decent thing to do. No one is debating with you about different people doing different things. People are showing you that the actions of the poster were wrong. 

19 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Whatever it is, it's his own fault. 

One wonders, i was once roofied and relieved of some cash, interestingly they too left me 20 baht and a couple cigarette burns on the inside of my bicep, a similar thing, including the 20 baht and cigarette burns occurred to a freind of mine.

It is highly possible he was drugged while enjoying a beer.

I lost about 10 hours, but have a very strong instinct for home.

My freind came to wandering in a neighborhood he had never previously visited.

Hardly enough cause for judgement given the informstion provided.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

And I would accept it .

If I feel asleep on the path in a public place are 6 am in the morning and someone filmed me 

In this day and age you have to realise that if you do something out of the ordinary, it could well get filmed and end up in the public domain .

Whether you think that its right or wrong to film , its likely to happen anyway .

If I ever end up in that situation, I would hope that there are some TV posters present, to stop anyone filming it .

Maybe TV posters could organise their own hit squad to stop people filming things .

And if you had been drugged? 

Would it be peaches then?

Rhetorical question by the way.

Rush to judgment posts...many humorous post :biggrin: However...if this guy was 'slipped a mickey' in some way, he would have zero control...probably vomit...most likely robbed...and in deep slumber for an extended time. If awoken from this drug induced sleep...would be groggy, ill and incoherent. An awful thing to experience. :bah:

Posts commenting on TV posting this article have been removed as well as the replies:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

Why should any westerner  be embarrassed about this?

I have never understood the logic behind that .

This guy is responsible for his own actions, nothing to do with anyone else

Simple....looking another incoherent foreign drunk flat out on a street in their country.

Too many foreigners seem to think they can get blasted, p*ss in their pants and just lie like a dog on the streets. 

Classy. 

I get embarrassed when I see the pi**ed Irish in OZ or the States acting the stereotype.

Of course he is solely responsible ...that is the problem isn't it? Yet another drunk foreigner. 

Yes...I know the Thais also get drunk and fall down but you expect more from those visiting another country. 

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

Before you start calling him names, it would be better to find out first what happened to him.

Maybe he wasnt drunk, maybe he had a pill popped in his drink ?

Well Sane....you go do the detective work for us.

I say again...he is a slob to get himself (as you rightly point out) into such a state that he falls down half dead in a heap for all to see.

Real class act.....and one I would never put myself in. 

All these comments hilarious. I don't know what happened to the guy and I'm guessing neither does he. Could he have been spiked, well it does happen. Was he just on the lash and downed too many tequila shots happens. Did a taxi not understand where he wanted to go and just lay him up on the side walk because he had to go home maybe. What I do know is he hasn't as far as I can see done anything more than get rat arsed.no signs of violence or aggression. Never done that holy perfect ones? I'm guessing before his body decided enough is enough he was probably having a great time and a nice guy. People saying Thais judge you because of this? Hilarious. You live in really different places to me because I often giggle on my way home here at all the Thai boys passed out on the side of the soi. I don't take pictures. They wake up and they make their way home. TVF funny old place 

On 11/1/2017 at 2:12 AM, retoohs said:

with only 20 baht in his pocket they did him no favours taking him to hospital where he will now have a security guard at his side until he comes up with funds to pay his hospital bill. Should have walked around him as no doubt he would have woke with as the morning noise level rose and stumbled back to his dwelling. Had my drink spiked once in Pattaya and woke up in hospital minus my shoes but still with my money which was enough to pay my bill.

Anyone stupid enough to leave their drink unattended is asking to get their drinks spiked by their stupidity. That's why I take my drink wherever I go, when I go for a walk around the club or to the toilet.

Edited by bbi1

On 11/1/2017 at 8:29 AM, Brunolem said:

There is 50 cents the rapper, and now there is 20 baht the sleeper...

Note: 50 cents and 20 baht are almost equivalent 

Um, his name is 50 Cent, not 50 cents. The difference is 50 Cent is a legend and 20 baht sleeper is a looser.