Hundreds flocking to Udon shrine as famous medium leads the way to lottery riches!

webfact

Hundreds flocking to Udon shrine as famous medium leads the way to lottery riches!

4.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A steady flow of people hoping to get rich in the latest lottery draw followed a famous medium to an Udon Thani shrine this week.

Mae Yaa Sri Pathum was on her hands and knees at the Pu Sri Suttho shrine doing her best to invoke the spirits and make everyone rich.

4a.jpgscreenshot_5950.jpg

video screenshot

After the hopeful had made some merit, they dispersed around the shrine to hunt for the winning numbers.

Some looked in the roots of a magical tree while others thought that was unlikely to yield the vital digits - they went to pray to some garland adorned logs.

Some hunted with their eyes and fingers scrabbling in the dirt while others employed more modern techniques to ensure they get rich - like taking pictures with mobile phones.

Some announced to others they had seen the numbers while some meanies wouldn't even tell their friends.

Some saw two digits, some saw three.

Sanook reported that 415 was one of the three digit numbers while others revealed 10 or 01 might make you rich.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-17

24 minutes ago, daoyai said:

you have to wonder about the I.Qs , or maybe lack of education....or just a sad culture.

You mean the obsession with the Lottery?

Oh, wait, just the same as many Western countries.

Or....

You mean looking for numbers/answers?

Yup, same as Western countries.

Sorry, my mistake. Symbolism, Divination, Amulets & etc only exist here...:clap2:

Can't wait to see what happens when the man on the helm of this country adopts this trick three weeks prior to a "free and fair election".

To Steven 100: Now you got me. Like you, I'm against a universal suffrage too.:thumbsup::cheesy:

Edited by Lupatria

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

This place is insane these days. 20 kms up the road from me. Transformed the local market town. Dozens of new restaurants, new hotels, all full, all busy. Great for the local economy, pretty shitty for traffic though...

Am I right in understanding that the shrine and the shrine alone has spawned a whole economy employing hundreds of people?

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

That is remarkable.

Whoever used to visit me, I always took them there as a local matter of interest. Years ago, way before it got remotely famous, way before the long concrete path to the centre was put in, it was  a seriously impressive place. Quite freaky. The trees and the silence in the centre were truly magnificent.

These days - nah, tour buses, 20,000 visitors daily minimum (rainy season figures), queueing to get in, even the locals hardly go anymore. The missus still tries to go once a year, but even she admits it's been spoiled.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:06 AM, faraday said:

You mean the obsession with the Lottery?

Oh, wait, just the same as many Western countries.

Or....

You mean looking for numbers/answers?

Yup, same as Western countries.

Sorry, my mistake. Symbolism, Divination, Amulets & etc only exist here...:clap2:

And 32 percent think if they die in a car accident in Thailand it is meant to be~even with the soon to be ranked number one in the world for road fatalities!  Oops  :cheesy:

2 hours ago, Redline said:

And 32 percent think if they die in a car accident in Thailand it is meant to be~even with the soon to be ranked number one in the world for road fatalities!  Oops  :cheesy:

Yes, that's called Fatalism.

However, 68% don't.

What's your point  - leaving aside the road deaths?

:laugh::laugh:

45 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes, that's called Fatalism.

However, 68% don't.

What's your point  - leaving aside the road deaths?

:laugh::laugh:

It's called superstition, in the broader sense.  The thought that we don't control our fate to a large degree.  I'll control people's fate, I'll start a cult~give me assets, and I will give you lucky numbers, a place in paradise, food, and safety from car accidents because you won't leave

9 hours ago, Redline said:

It's called superstition, in the broader sense.  The thought that we don't control our fate to a large degree.  I'll control people's fate, I'll start a cult~give me assets, and I will give you lucky numbers, a place in paradise, food, and safety from car accidents because you won't leave

That's just what Governments' do......

And Evangelists.

You ever heard of the Akashic Records?

:laugh: