webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

for those that want a good laugh !

555! Unbelievable!

Love the way the Yanks and South Koreans had given up trying to march while the Russians and Pakistanis were trying to ignore the water! Brilliant.

Never occurred to the authorities to either make sure the drains were cleared or change the parade route. No siree! Just pretend there is no water and carry on!

1 hour ago, Nielsk said:

Nobody can predict the weather, but You are wrong concerning the rainy season in Pattaya :

Rainy Season and Weather in Pattaya

"In Pattaya, the weather is good all the year round. The rainy season is officially in September and October"

Shock horror. Sometimes the rains come early, last longer and don't always finish on the 31st October!

But strangely enough the short term forecasts here are pretty good. 

But as usual, local authorities are too busy to worry about such things.

9 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I do feel sorry for the damage done to these marchers footwear. I know the care that went into polishing shoes/boots that may now have to be thrown out; at a poor soldiers monetary cost. 

Looks like it was sailors so not gonna cost the soldiers anything! 

Good job the Indians brought their wellies!

1 hour ago, Jap Pumkin said:

Just goes to show that Pattaya is a real international tourist attraction.:smile:

Shot yourself in the foot again Thailand.:stoner:

that foot wound is now filled with E coli bacteria....lets just cut it off at the neck

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Yeah those drain access covers typically are not vented to allow water in.

yes thais have no one to blame but themselves as the sewers are filled with grease,more grease yet more grease,plastic and sadley human fetis....

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

yes thais have no one to blame but themselves as the sewers are filled with grease,more grease yet more grease,plastic and sadley human fetis....

Plus very many drain grills are covered by mats, especially near bars, in order to keep the foul smell from coming out.

59 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Why are you qouting me ?

Iam talking about solid non vented drain covers which are common in Pattaya, nothing about what fill the drains.

This is a serious embarrassment to Pattaya city officials, I feel pretty sure that had they delayed the parade by maybe an hour then it would not have been so bad.

Not the ideal advert that TAT would like to get out but the damage has been done now, how many members on here have shared this debacle to their FaceBook pages ? You never know, it might be a Bill Gates moment as regards the flooding problem, I would like to think that little P has been making some very stroppy phone calls today.  

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Take another look at this Photo, in the bottom of the frame you can clearly see a blocked drain cover. Not to mention that the drain is higher than the water.

That is what you call a manhole cover. They are used to access the stormwater drains a couple of meters below and are sealed. They are not used to drain the stormwater, that is the job of the kerb pit or sump.

Ok the navy is used to manoeuver in deep water and perhaps now in shallow puddles!!!!...but really they would have deserved a bit more respect !!.....

it is quite disgraceful and surely there are quite a few smart engineers in Thailand, or city planners with integrity,  who could erradicate such disgraceful images of Thai cities flodded with what looks like ditch water....

Edited by observer90210

You would expect the military to be horrible about managing a city--and they certainly are--but this farce of a military parade?  Unbelievable.  Hope it is circulated widely on social media.
AHAHAHAHAH maybe your transfixed by a silly little parade but don't assume the world stage is

8 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
21 hours ago, newnative said:
   You would expect the military to be horrible about managing a city--and they certainly are--but this farce of a military parade?  Unbelievable.  Hope it is circulated widely on social media.

AHAHAHAHAH maybe your transfixed by a silly little parade but don't assume the world stage is

Who's talking about the World stage?  I'm more interested in Thailand. 

22 hours ago, newnative said:

Zee Germans historically were quite astute city managers.

9 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
3 hours ago, newnative said:
Who's talking about the World stage?  I'm more interested in Thailand. 

well the Thais know about flooding, ex pats know about it so why would you want it on social media inside thailand? strange.

I think you missed my point.  When something is embarrassing on social media in Thailand sometimes it will bring about some positive change.  Maybe a bigwig will see the embarrassing videos of the parade and order that the Beach Road flooding problem be solved once and for all.  Maybe the bigwig will decide that better city leadership is needed for Pattaya.   Or not.  But one can hope.  Some farangs may have thought the parade was funny but my Thai partner was embarrassed and ashamed at the bad image it projected of his country for the ASEAN participants and other countries involved with Fleet Week.