Army Won’t Allow Civilian Inquiry Into Cadet Death

snoop1130

Army Won’t Allow Civilian Inquiry Into Cadet Death

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

S__9076797-696x464.jpg

Pichet Tanyakan lashes out at an army rep Thursday at Phramongkutklao Hospital where he picked up his son’s missing organs.

BANGKOK — A defense ministry spokesman said Friday that an independent inquiry into the death of a 19-year-old military cadet is not necessary as the armed forces is already in charge of the matter.

As a war of words escalates between the dead teen’s father and top defense official over the death and subsequent handling of 19-year-old Pakapong Tanyakan’s remains, calls for civilian agencies to investigate how he died at an elite military academy were dismissed by spokesman Kongcheep Tantravanich.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/11/24/army-wont-allow-civilian-inquiry-cadet-dead/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-11-24

Well, what a surprise. Either they're so dumb they actually think people believe their BS or their so arrogant they simply don't care. To rub salt in the wounds on the victim's family, they're saying they only want recruits who are tough, thus implying to the family that the victim was not tough.  Tough or not, anyone can die after being beaten to death. Prayut and Prawit saying they also experience this kind of treatment in the army is laughable. Can you seriously imagine either of these buffoons taking a beating?  Never happened. It is an insult to man and women in uniform all over the world that Prayut and Prawit have the nerve to call themselves soldiers. Would you follow them onto a battlefield? 

This reprehensible outfit are making more and more enemies as their top brass' boneheaded attempts to cover up a spate of killings are being called out by more Thais than I have seen.

The inevitable is going to happen soon if this criminality isn't seen to be dealt with.

Good on the parents for doing the right thing and showing these dinosaurs to be exactly what they are

53 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Well, what a surprise. Either they're so dumb they actually think people believe their BS or their so arrogant they simply don't care. To rub salt in the wounds on the victim's family, they're saying they only want recruits who are tough, thus implying to the family that the victim was not tough.  Tough or not, anyone can die after being beaten to death. Prayut and Prawit saying they also experience this kind of treatment in the army is laughable. Can you seriously imagine either of these buffoons taking a beating?  Never happened. It is an insult to man and women in uniform all over the world that Prayut and Prawit have the nerve to call themselves soldiers. Would you follow them onto a battlefield? 

I am sure that nobody would ever have to worry about having to follow them into battle. Their kind always 'lead' from a comfortable spot in the rear and leave others to die for them.

1 hour ago, tifino said:

in the photo - it seems like he thinks he's got them by the proverbials

He is saying "I have the brain now, you F*$(#ers." I am more interested in the journalist. Is that Chuwit Kamonwisit?

53 minutes ago, z42 said:

The inevitable is going to happen soon if this criminality isn't seen to be dealt with.

It won't. The Thai military have been committing crimes and massacring Thai civilians for nearly a hundred years and never have they been accountable to an external body.

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

...It is an insult to man and women in uniform all over the world that Prayut and Prawit have the nerve to call themselves soldiers. Would you follow them onto a battlefield? 

Possibly, out of sheer curiosity just to see what they would do.

It would be hilarious, in a macabre sort of way!

Good on the father. Here’s a man hurting and he wants answers. The most dangerous people are those with nothing to lose. 

As for the army ‘being in control of the situation’, you got nothing to fear then you have nothing to hide. If I’m ever downtown and a copper asks for ID, I’ll be sure to follow their example and tell them that I’m in control of the situation.  What a bunch of abhorrent imbeciles.

Edited by rkidlad

36 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

He is saying "I have the brain now, you F*$(#ers." I am more interested in the journalist. Is that Chuwit Kamonwisit?

It won't. The Thai military have been committing crimes and massacring Thai civilians for nearly a hundred years and never have they been accountable to an external body.

It really is, isn't it?  I was staring at the picture, thinking what's he doing there, and why isn't it commented upon?

Prayut and his cronies are just burying themselves in the unpopularity stakes. It wouldn't hurt them to show some compassion, but compassion is not within Thai military discipline.

Prayut needs a good PR advisor. Even with expert advice I think he would still fail because all he thinks and talks about is himself.

19 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I was thinking the same. Looks like he has gone into media ... http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuwit-quits-politics/

I really hope he intends to keep his word about exposing corruption - this case could do with a champion.

He's been on TV, running his own show with a dolly bird. Not bad, though I don't understand what he says. He quite likes a blackboard and white pen.

Good luck to him. He's a criminal from way back but more honest than most of the Thai establishment, though they all looked down on him. The poor luvvies have no respect for new money, as their treatment of Thaksin displayed very well.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A defense ministry spokesman said Friday that an independent inquiry into the death of a 19-year-old military cadet is not necessary as the armed forces is already in charge of the matter.

well, he is not a cadet anymore, so you are not in charge of the matter.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thais don't do battles unless it's eight on to one in their favour.

........and all you'd have to do is hurl one insult at them, make them lose face, and all their so-called "discipline" would fall apart while they have hissy fits and start blaming each other! 

:smile:

15 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Prayut and his cronies are just burying themselves in the unpopularity stakes. It wouldn't hurt them to show some compassion, but compassion is not within Thai military discipline.

Prayut needs a good PR advisor. Even with expert advice I think he would still fail because all he thinks and talks about is himself.

No. He does not need a good PR advisor. He needs to keep shooting himself in the foot. He needs to fail. He needs to be more disliked, by the day, week, month, until this country is finally rid of him.

And then he needs to stand trial.