Submitted Wife's Visa Application for OZ

U should have taken her in personally, 9am be finished by 10am biometric done there and then, they check paperwork and if all correct pay fee. Get tracking no and home free..they prefer to see her bank account details showing balance and she has to prove she has legitimate reason for returning to Thailand. Copy of travel insurance in her name also helps

Mate of mine did it online for his TGF and they issued the visa and didn't request they go to Trendy for the bios. I did it with VFS for my TGF a month ago, got to Trendy just after they opened and we were out of there within 30 minutes. As already mentioned they checked everything for us. The visa was issued about 10 days later. 

10 minutes ago, TSF said:

Mate of mine did it online for his TGF and they issued the visa and didn't request they go to Trendy for the bios. I did it with VFS for my TGF a month ago, got to Trendy just after they opened and we were out of there within 30 minutes. As already mentioned they checked everything for us. The visa was issued about 10 days later. 

That is interesting. Received visa for the girl this month after applying through my Immiaccount but still had to go to VFS for biometrics even though they were done in 2016. I suspected I got a newbie officer as they originally requested bios, health check and request letter from family in oz. In 2016 only needed the bios. Health check was later dropped as they said she was going for less than 6 months.

You do not need to make an appointment at VFS.

OP, check your Immiaccount to see the status. It will tell you if you need to submit further documents. These do not come via email request if required except the bios where they give you a bar code.

34 minutes ago, hopharrigon said:

U should have taken her in personally, 9am be finished by 10am biometric done there and then, they check paperwork and if all correct pay fee. Get tracking no and home free..they prefer to see her bank account details showing balance and she has to prove she has legitimate reason for returning to Thailand. Copy of travel insurance in her name also helps

Bank account details would have been sumitted online. No need for them at VFS.

Completed the process myself last week. After submitting the online application make sure you select confirmed so it's ready to be assessed . Once you have done that you should get the request for biometrics with an email attachment with a letter you take in to trendy. You make an appointment online with trendy for this purpose. You will be give. A list of dates and times to choose from. Good luck. Ps. It takes longer than you think to travel to trendy if your hotel is not nearby as bangkoks traffic is horrendous 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 3:01 PM, hopharrigon said:

I'm not getting travel insurance with out the visa, but thanks for the reply.

Taking her to bangkok is not an option

On 11/28/2017 at 6:44 PM, Ooladolla said:

Completed the process myself last week. After submitting the online application make sure you select confirmed so it's ready to be assessed . Once you have done that you should get the request for biometrics with an email attachment with a letter you take in to trendy. You make an appointment online with trendy for this purpose. You will be give. A list of dates and times to choose from. Good luck. Ps. It takes longer than you think to travel to trendy if your hotel is not nearby as bangkoks traffic is horrendous 

The problem is that VFS won't answer their phone!

Can you/did you make an appointment by email?

Is it normal to be waiting more than a month for a decision? On the website it says 75% to 90% of applications are processed in 16 to 29 days (is that business days or calendar days?). My wife's application is 31 + days now and nothing and no request for additional information.

Edited by Time Traveller

12 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Is it normal to be waiting more than a month for a decision? On the website it says 75% to 90% of applications are processed in 16 to 29 days (is that business days or calendar days?). My wife's application is 31 + days now and nothing and no request for additional information.

Government usually quotes in business days

On 03/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, Time Traveller said:

Doesn't sound right, mine was finalised in a week. Make sure you have finalised and submitted the application once you have provided all the online documents. It's easy to overlook clicking that box to say it's ready for assessment 

On 12/6/2017 at 12:05 PM, Ooladolla said:

Doesn't sound right, mine was finalised in a week. Make sure you have finalised and submitted the application once you have provided all the online documents. It's easy to overlook clicking that box to say it's ready for assessment 

My wife got her multiple entry 7 days after completing her biometrics last week, very quick process, she said the girl processing her through in Trendy took 10 minutes. The processing girl also told her that the biometrics need to be repeated for each visa processing application. She's had a few multiple entry visas before, so we werent expecting any issues.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:33 PM, Time Traveller said:

I had to wait about 3 days. If you mean applying initially. Did you attach proof of funds? Letter from someone in OZ, inviting her? Are you married? How long have you been together?

On 11/28/2017 at 3:17 PM, TSF said:

Did she get a stamp in her passport? Mine didn't but was granted the visa the same day.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:33 PM, Time Traveller said:

No it's not, I would call the embassy and ask what's going on.

19 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Did she get a stamp in her passport? Mine didn't but was granted the visa the same day.

Visa's are electronic these days, for the cautious carry a copy of the grant notice when travelling. (not necessary in 99% of cases)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 12:13 AM, MrPatrickThai said:

I had to wait about 3 days. If you mean applying initially. Did you attach proof of funds? Letter from someone in OZ, inviting her? Are you married? How long have you been together?

ok, so to update.

Yes everything submitted correctly first time Oct 30, no additional documents were requested, until they finally approved visa on Dec 8 - total waiting time of 39 calendar days. 

I have no idea why it took so long and for what it's worth, we've been married over 10 years, 2 children, and she has visited Australia 5 times before (between 2003 to 2015) abiding by visas on each occasion never staying more than 30 days per visit. 

Is Australia becoming more difficult for foreigners to get visas ? This was definitely the longest time it's taken to get a visa.

19 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

ok, so to update.

Yes everything submitted correctly first time Oct 30, no additional documents were requested, until they finally approved visa on Dec 8 - total waiting time of 39 calendar days. 

I have no idea why it took so long and for what it's worth, we've been married over 10 years, 2 children, and she has visited Australia 5 times before (between 2003 to 2015) abiding by visas on each occasion never staying more than 30 days per visit. 

Is Australia becoming more difficult for foreigners to get visas ? This was definitely the longest time it's taken to get a visa.

Are you Australian or have a different nationality ? Perhaps this would explain the delay. Just curious ...