Request for Address Verification certification

Hello,

I am told to provide my home address verification for my HSBC bank in U.K.

My Thai driving licence, the utility bills without my name and Thai bank statements are somewhat not acceptable for HSBC criteria.  (not even, mobile bills)

Hence, is it possible that  I can request Thai Immigration to provide me the official letter to certify my home address verification?

I am really stuck with this situation so I shall appreciate any responses in advance.  

Depending on where you located and your type of permission to stay, Thai Immigration can provide a residence certificate confirming your home address.

Most residence certificates issued by them are generally in Thai though.

You would be best to go to your local immigration office, explain your need and see if they can assist.

Alternatively you could get your country's embassy to issue this, which should be accepted by HSBC, I would assume that you are British?

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

Depending on where you located and your type of permission to stay, Thai Immigration can provide a residence certificate confirming your home address.

You would be best to go to your local immigration office, explain your need and see if they can assist.

Alternatively you could get your country's embassy to issue this, which should be accepted by HSBC, I would assume that you are British?

Thanks for your quick response. I am uk expat from Phuket using non O immigration extension. I visit Translation service  this morning - they say a letter from Thai Immigration will be about 450B. You are right all will be in Thai so the translation will be necessary. Unfortunately no UK Consulate office is available in Phuket at all. I hope HSBC will still reimburse all the costs!   

4 hours ago, Mattd said:

Are you talking about this form?

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548833812.doc

On 12/1/2017 at 4:28 PM, OJAS said:

Do you not have any recent correspondence from officialdom in the UK (HMRC, DWP, etc) which in all probability should satisfy HSBC's requirement, I would have thought?

Unfortunately, not a part of HSBC criteria.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:36 PM, Maestro said:

Are you talking about this form?

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548833812.doc

I am very unsure about this form because its state of reasons. None of the reasons is that I am seeking for. The reason is to show it to HSBC branch in U.K. 

What the translation service shows me the sample form - see attached (All in Thai wording). Then it will requires the translation. I think it confirms the full name, the home address, passport number, date issued, date expired and type of visa.

Meanwhile I am waiting for the HSBC response to confirm I can make the expense claim - I estimate the overall cost to certify, to provide, to translate the UK passport & the address verification will be about 3,000B. (i.e. certify 2 x 1,000B, a Thai Imm letter - 450B?, translated one 450B).  Or perhaps should I request Thai Immigration to print in English instead?  

Sample.jpg

My bank in Luxembourg needed something similar, none of my stuff in my name would do.

I got a nice letter from the local amphur office (obviously in Thai) for the grand total of absolutely free with the assistance of our local puyai baan. Cost 400 Baht to get officially translated and stamped (by the translator but the bank weren't to know that, they don't read Thai). Most expensive bit was EMS to send it.

Bank were happy. QED

48 minutes ago, nabbie said:

Meanwhile I am waiting for the HSBC response to confirm I can make the expense claim

Good luck with that, I 'll be very surprised if they agree to pay a single penny. But it is a serious point, I think that banks and other organisations which want stuff notarised don't think at all about the costs their demands impose on us. The local lawyer/notary in our town charges 1000baht per sheet to put his stamp on documents, and as Crossy says, EMS to Europe will cost similar amounts.

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

My bank in Luxembourg needed something similar, none of my stuff in my name would do.

I got a nice letter from the local amphur office (obviously in Thai) for the grand total of absolutely free with the assistance of our local puyai baan. Cost 400 Baht to get officially translated and stamped (by the translator but the bank weren't to know that, they don't read Thai). Most expensive bit was EMS to send it.

Bank were happy. QED

Sounds good, thanks. I would pick that if I have to pay from my pocket. Did your letter have to be certified as well?

18 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Good luck with that, I 'll be very surprised if they agree to pay a single penny. But it is a serious point, I think that banks and other organisations which want stuff notarised don't think at all about the costs their demands impose on us. The local lawyer/notary in our town charges 1000baht per sheet to put his stamp on documents, and as Crossy says, EMS to Europe will cost similar amounts.

Thanks, HSBC has increased the level of the security issues over internet so the compensation to cover the unexpected cost they have caused can be made. I would not be surprised if your guess is right so wait & see.

1 hour ago, nabbie said:

Sounds good, thanks. I would pick that if I have to pay from my pocket. Did your letter have to be certified as well?

Only in that it was stamped as a true translation (by the translation agency).

I emailed a scan to the bank before sending them the original to verify that it was sufficient as was.