Angry man stranded at Suvarnabhumi for 24 hours launches furious rant at airport staff

Video: Angry man stranded at Suvarnabhumi for 24 hours launches furious rant at airport staff

man.png

Footage has emerged of a Singaporean man launching an angry tirade at airport staff after being stranded at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport for more than 24 hours.

The man was reportedly one of several passengers who had been stranded at the airport on November 29 when their Jetstar flight 3K514 had been delayed.

The flight had been scheduled to depart Bangkok at 9.20pm on Wednesday but was delayed until 2.45pm on Thursday.

The passengers received overnight accommodation and were given a meal voucher for 250 baht.

However, when they went to board the flight from Suvarnabhumi to Singapore the following day passengers said the flight had been delayed for a second time, without notice. 

Passengers only found out about the delay when they arrived at G1A, which was displaying information for a completely different flight, Channel News Asia reported.

Jetstar later emailed passengers to say the delay was “due to engineering requirements”.

However, the events were all too much for one frustrated passenger, footage of whom was shared on social media this week.

In the clip the man shouts at a member of airport staff, apparently furious at being given another meal voucher of just 250 baht.

The man claimed the voucher wasn’t enough to buy even a bowl of noodles from one of the airport’s restaurants, which he claimed cost 360 baht.

The flight eventually departed at 8pm local time on Thursday, arriving in Singapore at 11.30pm.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-02

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've read about things like this in the past. The puzzling thing about it is that everyone pays for every meal they eat, every day.

Lets say you pay for and eat 3 meals every day of your life right up until the point where you arrive at an airport, your check in and find that you have a delayed flight.

Why should you suddenly stop paying for your own food at this point ?

They give a discount voucher which probably covers the inflated airport prices but you're still responsible for feeding yourself regardless of your flight status.

This guy is just another dummy.

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I've read about things like this in the past. The puzzling thing about it is that everyone pays for every meal they eat, every day.

Lets say you pay for and eat 3 meals every day of your life right up until the point where you arrive at an airport, your check in and find that you have a delayed flight.

They give a discount voucher which probably covers the inflated airport prices but you're still responsible for feeding yourself regardless of your flight status.

Well, we can agree that it's not worthwhile getting angry with the staff, but, if time is money, the airlines should compensate the loss of time, at least been a bit generous with food and drinks.

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, we can agree that it's not worthwhile getting angry with the staff, but, if time is money, the airlines should compensate the loss of time, at least been a bit generous with food and drinks.

Can we also agree that flying with budget airlines is also a big gamble. Cheaper flights = less compensation

37 minutes ago, ukrules said:

He got 500 Baht to spend on meals over a 24 hr period in an airport...............totally agree with him having a rant.

49 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That reasoning is absolutely ridiculous. He should have been compensated for meals, accommodation transportation, entertainment and his own time, which would far exceed 250b a day.

Fair compensation would  be US$500 per 24 hours or part thereof.

Edited by Banana7

In the clip the man shouts at a member of airport staff, apparently furious at being given another meal voucher of just 250 baht

There's food for less money, even MC, and other fast food. Even with a nasty taste, but it's definitely there.  

Edited by jenny2017

I have been in the same situation before, jetstar, whether if it is low cost or budget, it is at least jetstar deceny and responsibility to take care of their customers during the delay. 

250 baht is not enough for a meal once pass the custom inside the airport departure area. Speaking from personal experience. 

Some restaurants dont even accept the vouchers. 

The man definitely has the right to voice his displeasure. I thought jetstar would improve on this but no.. 

Jetstar is an Australian budget airline (originally an offshoot of Qantas) and is always getting bad press in Australia for this sort of thing. I'm Australian and proud to say I've never flown Jetstar and never will.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Did they compensate them for time lost, which if he is a businessman could be thousands? I doubt if the food is the actual reason for his anger. I'd be pretty similar if I was delayed twice and with no notice.

However, anyone that flies by a crappy low cost trying to save money probably should not complain if it all goes terribly wrong. 

Flying on a budget airline?

Life''s too short to put up with the aggravation of cheap airlines

Frankly airfares all round have got too cheap.

Now a days you are surrounded with noisy, unwashed, and ill mannered people and their screaming kids.

There was a time when people got dressed up to fly

27 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Jetstar is an Australian budget airline (originally an offshoot of Qantas) and is always getting bad press in Australia for this sort of thing. I'm Australian and proud to say I've never flown Jetstar and never will.

Ditto.  Was always Qantas, but was thinking of trying Jetstar maybe, until one day at the airport when all these passengers started showing up for a Jetstar flight that had been cancelled. Jetstar had left a sign at their counter saying the flight was cancelled and to call their 1300 Call Centre. There was no staff at the counter and the Call Centre was closed.

I can understand him losing his rag.  Obviously, he is very frustrated at the delay.  The airport and airline could have done much better; poor customer service, and bad publicity for the sake of a few hundred baht. That said, he's venting on the wrong people.

Edited by mommysboy