Prawit skips meeting as he dodges watch scandal

webfact

Prawit skips meeting as he dodges watch scandal

By The Nation

d6b1eea047514866963bac2ea58cad18.jpeg

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan on Thursday cancelled attending the national mineral management policy committee at Government House.

The deputy premier instead assigned Natural Resources and Environment Minister General Surasak Karnjanarat to chair the meeting.

Government House reporters have noticed that Prawit seems to be trying to avoid facing the media after being criticised for his possession of what appear to be an extravagantly luxurious watch and diamond ring, which were not declared in his assets.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) will hold a meeting today to consider whether to launch an investigation into Prawit’s assets.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30333404

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-07

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan on Thursday cancelled attending the national mineral management policy committee at Government House.

Why bother? He wears the most precious ones anyway...

Na-ah, he is not hiding for the press, he has hidden all his expensive watches yesterday, so this morning he didn't know how late it was, and missed the meeting. Why are you always having bad thoughts about this genius? As a genius he must be, and the minister of finance he should be: with a salary of about 800,000Baht per year, he succeeded to accumulate 30,000,000Baht extra wealth over a period of 6 years, do you realise that? And modest he is in other ways, as he only owns one 100,000Baht car (a piece of rusty junk then), he is obviously already keeping for some years now (brand? model? year?), so, you see? 

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I read the ‘quote du jour’ in a newspaper that I can’t mention that he said, “I can explain”. 

Well, Mr, Deputy PM....... go ahead. 

I can explain it.... but I am not going to, I wish to protect the innocent.

17 hours ago, nikmar said:

go easy on the man. He needs a good timepiece so he aint late for a meal.

Wonder what he actually does between meals anyway!

I have it on good authority that he only eats once a day; starts at 8am, finishes at 8pm.  So, between meals, he sleeps.

18 hours ago, nikmar said:

go easy on the man. He needs a good timepiece so he aint late for a meal.

Wonder what he actually does between meals anyway!

It must be keeping excellent time given his ...er...stature(?) Between meals? Snacks!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

As Prawit intended, whilst you're all being distracted by the possible assets scandal, he's managed to skip the meeting that he hates most - the national mineral management policy committee meeting - why do you think he's looking so chuffed? And it's only about diamonds and boring stuff like that, anyway. My concern, as a responsible and caring TV poster, is how the hell will the committee possibly manage without his likely contribution of wit and wisdom to the meeting, whilst his crown jewels are being looked at. It's a big worry, but life in my village is going on just the same . . .

. . . . Thailand … always amazes me.

Edited by Ossy
omission