Scepticism abounds about Prawit’s ‘borrowed’ watch

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

wonder how long it took him to make up this story

Maybe the other "P" suggested it. Or, he has a cast of thousands who can be quite creative (as we have seen). Or maybe the Chinese suggested it.

Unbelievable, I don't believe a word of it. Asking a buddy to lend him a watch so he can go to the Palace feeling like (and so other people think)  he's all wealthy and stuff.

No loss of face there then...

These people are corrupt and dishonest to their boots - it's a way of life for them. Any chance that anyone thinks this government and anyone in it is honest and has grounds to preach to other people has just gone up in smoke.

What a disgrace this shower is. No credibility whatever, only guns.

Edited by Sid Celery

DEPUTY Prime Minister and Defense Minister General ..how did he get in that high post ?

Answer: the same way all the rest did it .So who is going to throw the first stone ? (answer : the one who wants his job ,simple )

Lucky he didn't wear a billion dollar yacht around his neck  ,it was just a simple million dollar watch .......

Note from PM to Cabinet members " With immediate effect NO watches or diamond rings to be worn in public".  I bet the DPM isn't the only one with a watch valued over a million Baht.  Just as aside, as a white male European I cannot figure out why a man would want to wear his mother's diamond ring. Is he a gender bender ? or is it normal in Thailand ?

27 minutes ago, StevieDee said:

If or when he goes, and I believe he will go (whether he walks or gets pushed is irrelevant) their hallowed ground will soon become thin ice.

Tick tock, tick tock

He is going nowhere unless he decides to, no one has the power to push him out. He is the most powerful man in the Government. 

4 hours ago, fakename said:

Be easy on the guy,  I always borrow my friends Rolex and diamond ring, before going to the bar. I really need to impress the girls, and anyone else that thinks im a fat old man!

Ya.

The problem is that this guy really is a fat old man. If he was 20 years old and fit as a flea, he'd still be a fat old man. And stupid.

Fat and old begins on the inside. He could be young and virile on the outside but he'd always be fat and old and ugly on the inside.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Who the hell borrows a watch?

Seriously, is there anyone out there who has ever borrowed a watch from a friend?

A wheelbarrow? Sure. A dinner jacket in an emergency? Sure. A cup of sugar? Sure. 

An expensive watch? Not a chance in hell.

I do know a group of folks that exchange expensive rides (bmw, porsche, etc) for the weekend. I watch is more of a personal item, seem less likely.

But its great that all these politicians are under the watchful eye of the public now, hopefully Thai politics will improve soon and politicians clean up their act.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Cannot make this stuff up !!

Very true, but don't have to because lying and corruption are national pastimes here, esp from politicians, army, BIB and others from the top down.

What astounds me is the "pledge" that these high ranking folk have taken in front of the most beloved person in the country, that they will do their best for Thailand and the Thai people, then they go forth and steal and lie.

Overall a morally bankrupt country, ruled by the morally bankrupt elite and people in power.