Village headwoman fights off armed attackers after home invasion

webfact

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

She doesn't seem to panic that easily.

Somewhat wonder who built that farang style isarn villa.

Yes, she didn't panic & was cool enough to untie herself and start shooting. Nice looking lady I thought they would have raped her. Well, just wondering all right? No saying bad things I hope. Who build that villa? It's a nice building from outside wonder if they have good taste for decoration of the rooms. I have seen some of the most awful looking furnitures and wall color in some expensive houses. No taste at all. Looks cheap

12 hours ago, Artisi said:

Pity she is such a poor shot up close. 

I've never fired a handgun, and at 66 am never likely to, but I'm reliably informed that unlike in the movies, it's very hard to shoot a moving target with one. Given that this incident occurred in the wee hours and was dark, given that handguns are not that accurate, and given the heat of the moment, the fact that she wounded either or both miscreants makes me think she is a right Annie Oakley. Giddy-up a ding-dong, giddy-up.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, Dexlowe said:

Sleeps with a gun under her pillow???? Wow! What a life!

I like it. If I lived alone or out in the country, I would do the same, as well as having a few knifes or other guns hidden about the house in easy to get to but hard to find places in case I had to or was able to move about

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

I've never fired a handgun, and at 66 am never likely to, but I'm reliably informed that unlike in the movies, it's very hard to shoot a moving target with one. Given that this incident occurred in the wee hours and was dark, given that handguns are not that accurate, and given the heat of the moment, the fact that she wounded either or both miscreants makes me think she is a right Annie Oakley. Giddy-up a ding-dong, giddy-up.

All good points. The girl was running on adrenaline and did what she had to do. Kudos where it is due.

As for the 100,000 baht necklace, that is only about 5 baht (weight) at today's prices, fully reasonable for her, especially as head woman, to have something like that in her home.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I like it. If I lived alone or out in the country, I would do the same, as well as having a few knifes or other guns hidden about the house in easy to get to but hard to find places in case I had to or was able to move about

And still I say, wow! What a life. If that is what you have to do to live in the country ... !!! Wow! I lived in suburban Thailand for 30 years and never once felt the need for that level of security.

24 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

And still I say, wow! What a life. If that is what you have to do to live in the country ... !!! Wow! I lived in suburban Thailand for 30 years and never once felt the need for that level of security.

Well you're not the "Headman/Headwoman" of a village either.

I daresay you aren't a drug dealer either & do not associate with druggies.

You'll most likely be just fine, but, it's better to have it & not need it, than need it and not have it.

I had a well-to-do (now deceased) friend in BKK who had a large safe next to his bar. He had a giant house. We got hammered one evening, talking about gemstones, so he decided to show me his collection. 

First thing out of the safe was a .45 pistol.

He said, "Yeah, I'll open the safe if somebody makes me. But this puppy is the first thing they'll see."

He also kept a half timber wolf, half malamute dog, that weighed about 170 lbs and stood 4 feet tall at the top of his head around.

That mutt tolerated me, but didn't really like me. The old man had flown to Fresno California to get that dog after his house was burglarized once.

This wasn't in the woods. It was off Pahonyothin, near the Ari BTS. 

47 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

We live out in rural Khampaeng Phet and I go out quite often and sometimes forget to shut the door, let alone lock it, and we have never been burgled yet. Perhaps it is because we live in a reasonable house and not a McMansion and the outside really could do with a good coat of paint.

Archived