Thai police chief gets tough! Get your hands out of your pockets!

webfact

Thai police chief gets tough! Get your hands out of your pockets!

tn.jpg

Picture: TNews

The national police chief has had enough of his men lolling about with their hands in their pockets.

Jakthip Chaijinda has issued a "top priority" order for his men to look decent when performing their duty.

In a directive from HQ for all officers in uniform he also called for an end to officers lounging about, standing with their arms folded or crossing their legs while sitting.

Order 0007/01 is a follow-on from recent directives about police wearing their uniform properly and having short back and sides that led to the Pattaya station having a mass shearing of long haired cops.

Cops have also been warned to mind their language when dealing with the public who should be treated with respect at all times, reported TNA.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-15

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Cops have also been warned to mind their language when dealing with the public who should be treated with respect at all times

You can give them a smart new uniform, you can make them get a haircut, even take their hands out of their pockets, but treating the public with respect at all times? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by darksidedog

How about telling them to stop shaking down all and sundry, fitting up scapegoats at will, busting people for smoking / having e-cigs, and generally doing the bidding of the very people they should be locking up.. Just a thought ?

Ah! Waked past a police booth this morning and the windows were open. I thought it strange as they love their air con and love sitting hidden with the tinted windows. Copper inside was having a smoke and chatting to an ice vendor. 

Pure professionalism. 

In my daughters school every Friday our local police chief takes a class, teaching the students about the police. The students can ask questions and the police officer answers.

I asked my daughter what do the students ask? To my amazement she said the students ask questions like, how much johnny walker can you drink? How many girlfriends do you have?

I think if the police want more respect it will take a lot more than taking there hands out of there pockets.

1 hour ago, mick220675 said:

I asked my daughter what do the students ask? To my amazement she said the students ask questions like, how much johnny walker can you drink? How many girlfriends do you have?

Sadly it's the Thai perception of power equalling the opportunity to drink expensive alcohol and have mistresses.

This is conditioning starts at an early age.

If only one day, a kid on the ball asks why the police don't do the job they're paid to do, as their parents pay their wages...

No no, I must stop it now.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit

33 minutes ago, mikebell said:

This police chief is in danger of alienating his force from the public.  At the moment they do this for themselves.

Well at least he said something about anything, not exactly the most active / most communicative top cop. 

Edited by scorecard

Have any of you any good experience with the BIB? I mean they actually went all out to help you.

Well wrong thinking by the public and police department, a policeman can do what he likes, like putting his hand in his pocket, cross his leg when sitting down etc., as long as he does his work well, not asking for tea money and see justice done.

You can have a well behave, clean policeman in every aspect but if he hasn't got a brain it is just useless isn't it? or if he keeps asking for tea -money that not doing any good for the country. Get your priority right forget those little niceties.