1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If there isn't going to a final final between the TOP TWO, why not just get this farce over with and call it now? :coffee1:

It is a race between the top two JT, and always was.

Whoever the top two are.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

If there isn't going to a final final between the TOP TWO, why not just get this farce over with and call it now? :coffee1:

I think you should treat a serious competition like Poster Of The Year with more respect.  Even if you don't like the turn of events, it seems clear that this year's competition has been run carefully to avoid any hint of impropriety, with departed candidates and former mods ruled out.  That seems only fair, and anyone that found themselves 'offside' so to speak can fairly take no further part in the competition,  You don't get to vote again just because you voted for an inelligible candidate.  People have to take responsibility for their own mistakes, and their own stupidity,

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

I think you should treat a serious competition like Poster Of The Year with more respect.  Even if you don't like the turn of events, it seems clear that this year's competition has been run carefully to avoid any hint of impropriety, with departed candidates and former mods ruled out.  That seems only fair, and anyone that found themselves 'offside' so to speak can fairly take no further part in the competition,  You don't get to vote again just because you voted for an inelligible candidate.  People have to take responsibility for their own mistakes, and their own stupidity,

Come again? The people that voted for Craig are "stupid" because they couldn't predict the future that their vote would be deleted and the forum software would be incapable of allowing a revote to an eligible candidate? If you really think that, BIZARRE. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I know and apparently it's also not about free and fair elections ...

:stoner:

Then it would be called Thaifreeandfairelections.com.

It's been clear from the start that this election was about the quality of support, not the quantity, and we can see now that people have seen who is the best supported candidate, and are jumping on the bandwagon.  I think it was his ability to get cats and dogs to co-operate, and rise up for freedom, that won the day

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Come again? The people that voted for Craig are "stupid" because they couldn't predict the future that their vote would be deleted and the forum software would be incapable of allowing a revote to an eligible candidate? If you really think that, BIZARRE. 

They knew voting for a mod was not permitted.  No-one ever said voting for mod's alter-egos was permitted.  QED.  To be honest, they are condemned by the quality of their spokesman, who said Ï speak for ALL...", if I recall correctly like.  

At least the British government gave Gerry Adams the benefit of having his words spoken by an actor.  If only you had done the same...

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Then it would be called Thaifreeandfairelections.com.

It's been clear from the start that this election was about the quality of support, not the quantity, and we can see now that people have seen who is the best supported candidate, and are jumping on the bandwagon.  I think it was his ability to get cats and dogs to co-operate, and rise up for freedom, that won the day

The word "sheep" comes to mind.

Anyway.

"Congratulations" to Transam for "winning" POTY 2017*

I will now formally resign from this thread as the contest is already OVER even if everyone doesn't realize that yet.

Unless there is a one on one final final ... or other practical solution to deal with the disenfranchised voters and no PMing a mod with revotes is NOT that.

Ciao! :spam1:

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Knowing the history of these polls and the mid poll rule changes, it is surprising that a veteran and obsessive POTYjunkie like yourself would have squandered your 1 vote so early into the fray. 

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Knowing the history of these polls and the mid poll rule changes, it is surprising that a veteran and obsessive POTYjunkie like yourself would have squandered your 1 vote so early into the fray. 

He should've got behind a credible candidate who had a track record of successful campaigning and compliance management.

To be honest, if craig had been allowed to manage his own campaign in the 'softly, softly, catch the monkey' manner that he was doing, he might have managed to make a good showing of it, despite sailing a bit close to the wind eligibility-wise.

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

He should've got behind a credible candidate who had a track record of successful campaigning and compliance management.

To be honest, if craig had been allowed to manage his own campaign in the 'softly, softly, catch the monkey' manner that he was doing, he might have managed to make a good showing of it, despite sailing a bit close to the wind eligibility-wise.

You know Craig has pulled out early before, JT should have seen it coming.

40 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Or gone for the doublecross like on the wrestling...

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Anyway.

"Congratulations" to Transam for "winning" POTY 2017*

I will now formally resign from this thread as the contest is already OVER even if everyone doesn't realize that yet.

Unless there is a one on one final final ... or other practical solution to deal with the disenfranchised voters and no PMing a mod with revotes is NOT that.

Ciao! :spam1:

Can somebody get a doctor down to sedate Jingthing, he's starting to lose it over this.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A significant number of people "liked" that post, so it seems many agree with my comment.

Speaking of which, I currently have nearly six likes per post across the board, while you have less then 0.5, so that seems to hold true with much of what I post.

Cockwaving.

Oh dear...

On 12/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, NanLaew said:

Yeah... old tutsiwarrior was suspended for a spell after the POTY champagne bubbles all got a bit too much for him.

yeah...I read recently that George Harrison said: 'with the Beatles we endured fame together...Elvis had to handle it on his own...'

I was just yer garden variety victim of fame and the attendant megalomania (cough!...splutter...wakes up inna ditch ouside of Seattle: 'what's this shit?...')

Edited by tutsiwarrior