• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

That may be OK in Egypt (there’s a challenge to your searching abilities) but there is no place for necrophilia in this forum.  We’re dead against it.

Who are you kidding?  A lot of these guys won't pass up any opportunity...

3 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I didn't pull out before. I was entered into it without my knowledge. Again. And at the time I was a mod. So management pulled me out. I was very happy with that decision. 

After the abuse here. I quit as a mod. 

Well fog of war and all that, I knew you left early, I didn't know the reason. The POTY's haven't been very good to you it seems. You might have won this one had people been less vindictive.

10 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

That may be OK in Egypt (there’s a challenge to your searching abilities) but there is no place for necrophilia in this forum.  We’re dead against it.

Think they have to be married for that anyway.

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"fix the damage done to the integrity of this election" Jingthing, you should have posted that

in the Jokes ,Puzzles and Riddles forum under the Worst Joke section.unless you weren't  taking the piss 

regards worgeordie

The reputation of this election has been severely damaged, in my opinion, by repeated slanderous attacks on the integrity of the election, on the application of well-known rules, and by inference, on the mods in charge.  

We’re it not against the rules to comment on moderation, I would commend their diligent and fair adherence to well established principles for the POTY election, and query why they allowed such offensive and critical comments to remain.  But I won’t, because I for one believe in adhering to the rules of the forum, and acknowledging the norms of the society in which I find myself.

SC

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Well fog of war and all that, I knew you left early, I didn't know the reason. The POTY's haven't been very good to you it seems. You might have won this one had people been less vindictive.

I for one gave Craig some stick but was just testing his mettle. He should have stuck it out IMHO. He was leading Trans by one vote. Like I said Craig, you had support here. Shame.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

likes do not necessarily represent the value of advice a member renders (or tries to render). critique, even if constructive, and pointing at gross misinformation hampers the award of likes. it is however rather easy to collect likes by agreeing with the mainstream joining the chorus which condemns the generally stupid, treacherous, cheating Thai population as well as ridiculing Thai traditions and accepted standards and thereby forgetting that we foreigners are guests in this country.

all afore-said of course based on my wellknown [not so] humble opinion.

SO true. Great post.

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

That's my point. The peanut gallery loves to hear "Thais are stupid and incompetent," which is the raison d'etre of so many of your posts. Feeds the bigotry. So, members should know this is what they're voting for and this is what's in the lead.

I don't really want to get in an argument here, and I do respect your position. However, the point I tried to make earlier was that when I see the news, I will respond with the comment that I believe to be appropriate to the event. Sometimes my comment will be on the money and liked. Sometimes I will be off the mark and get ripped. Sometimes I will be humorous, sometimes scathing. No one gets it right all the time, but it is a forum for people to post their differing views. My post will be my view, regardless of whether it please the "peanut gallery" as you describe them, who also hold certain views, much of which has been gained as a result of the experience of living here some time. I don't know what your honest view of the country is. I know what I see week in, week out. Sure, there is stupidity all over the world, daily. Very few will argue that Thailand has less than its fair share of that. I have many more Thai friends than farang, and I love them very much. Many of them agree with my observations in many areas, some don't in other areas.

I seriously like Thailand or I wouldn't still be here. Should I feel free to criticize that which I think is broken and needs fixing? yes, I should. Should you be free to tell me I have it wrong, you should too.

I see nothing wrong with people holding minority or majority views. It is actually very healthy, as it keeps us all in compromise to the benefit of all.

Lastly, I have taken your comment on board, quite seriously, and Thanks for making me sit down and think about the whole thing and the reasons I am here.

I edit, to mention, that I largely post in the interests of honesty, the respect of the law, though largely not the people running that section, moving forward as a Nation and overall sanity.

Edited by darksidedog

3 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

They knew voting for a mod was not permitted.  No-one ever said voting for mod's alter-egos was permitted.  QED.  To be honest, they are condemned by the quality of their spokesman, who said Ï speak for ALL...", if I recall correctly like.  

At least the British government gave Gerry Adams the benefit of having his words spoken by an actor.  If only you had done the same...

I tried to tell them Vincent....maybe they'll listen next year...

46 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I don't really want to get in an argument here, and I do respect your position. However, the point I tried to make earlier was that when I see the news, I will respond with the comment that I believe to be appropriate to the event. Sometimes my comment will be on the money and liked. Sometimes I will be off the mark and get ripped. Sometimes I will be humorous, sometimes scathing. No one gets it right all the time, but it is a forum for people to post their differing views. My post will be my view, regardless of whether it please the "peanut gallery" as you describe them, who also hold certain views, much of which has been gained as a result of the experience of living here some time. I don't know what your honest view of the country is. I know what I see week in, week out. Sure, there is stupidity all over the world, daily. Very few will argue that Thailand has less than its fair share of that. I have many more Thai friends than farang, and I love them very much. Many of them agree with my observations in many areas, some don't in other areas.

I seriously like Thailand or I wouldn't still be here. Should I feel free to criticize that which I think is broken and needs fixing? yes, I should. Should you be free to tell me I have it wrong, you should too.

I see nothing wrong with people holding minority or majority views. It is actually very healthy, as it keeps us all in compromise to the benefit of all.

Lastly, I have taken your comment on board, quite seriously, and Thanks for making me sit down and think about the whole thing and the reasons I am here.

I edit, to mention, that I largely post in the interests of honesty, the respect of the law, though largely not the people running that section, moving forward as a Nation and overall sanity.

Its not a vote for the president for the USA.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I do not think a withdrawal should have been allowed at this very late stage. Craigt3365 knew full well he was advancing and knew full well he might even win upon entering the finals.

Highly irregular!

I suggest given this mess that this year more than ever the winner of this final has a dark cloud of illegitimacy over their head.

Thus clearly the only way to right this wrong is to take the top two of the finals and do a final final vote between them.

Then the lost votes that Craig threw away and disrespected can have a clean chance to make their voices heard with certainty.

Without this final final the winner this year will forever have an asterisk by their name or car model.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's Craig's life in tatters then ....

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Well said.

Now we can watch your like-quotient drop off the cliff.

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

The reputation of this election has been severely damaged, in my opinion, by repeated slanderous attacks on the integrity of the election, on the application of well-known rules, and by inference, on the mods in charge.  

We’re it not against the rules to comment on moderation, I would commend their diligent and fair adherence to well established principles for the POTY election, and query why they allowed such offensive and critical comments to remain.  But I won’t, because I for one believe in adhering to the rules of the forum, and acknowledging the norms of the society in which I find myself.

SC

Do you by any chance have royal blood?

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I now call on TRANSAM to man up and do the right thing and join me in calling for a final final ONE on ONE contest between the two front runners in this current corrupted poll.

That would have a lot of power if TRANSAM who will definitely win in this poll realizes that a win with a dark cloud of a large pool of DELETED VOTES isn't worth much. If not, is he afraid he won't win in a one on one? That's what people will think. 

Personally, I think TRANSAM would still win in a final final one on one. But if we don't do, we will never know for sure. 

Applying the screws now .....