1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Per request and with approval from on high, Craig's name has been withdrawn.   I have the names of the 38 people who voted for him, they should try and cast their vote for another candidate and if that does not work, send me a PM and I will manually add it to the count.  

Best of luck to the remaining candidates!

Whole thing has become something of a clusterwotsit has it not?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Whole thing has become something of a clusterwotsit has it not?

Whaddaya mean "become"?

Sure, there's some highs and some lows.  But every year, it starts out as one, and ends up as one.  That's where the fun is.

Just now, geronimo said:

And .... it's only just warming up! Expect libel suits in the coming week (there are usually 2 or 3) and as it has been mentioned already, the world currency markets are watching with interest.

Credit where it's due, but you can't really call Naam the world currency market.  He's just a linchpin player.

50 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

You do not have our permission to do so! Plus you've been around TVF long enough to understand that negative posts from idiots is part of the landscape, ignore them and continue.

I've been threatened several times and had personal details published. One reason I quit as a mod. Not worth it.

Sorry and thanks to those who voted for me.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Per request and with approval from on high, Craig's name has been withdrawn.   I have the names of the 38 people who voted for him, they should try and cast their vote for another candidate and if that does not work, send me a PM and I will manually add it to the count.  

Best of luck to the remaining candidates!

Why weren't those who voted for Dave2 in the second prelim allowed to change their vote when he was removed from the nominations?

Just now, Thailand said:

Why weren't those who voted for Dave2 in the second prelim allowed to change their vote when he was removed from the nominations?

I agree, those voters were penalised because you withdrew their candidate.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've been threatened several times and had personal details published. One reason I quit as a mod. Not worth it.

Sorry and thanks to those who voted for me.

I have had lies spread about myself chum, just hope my homework deals with it, taking a long time but l am in no hurry....As for POTY, it's a gas..:stoner:

3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

He was in the first round of voting.   He was not eliminated.   All the people who voted for him can and are eligible to vote in this final voting round.  

I do not think a withdrawal should have been allowed at this very late stage. Craigt3365 knew full well he was advancing and knew full well he might even win upon entering the finals.

Highly irregular!

I suggest given this mess that this year more than ever the winner of this final has a dark cloud of illegitimacy over their head.

Thus clearly the only way to right this wrong is to take the top two of the finals and do a final final vote between them.

Then the lost votes that Craig threw away and disrespected can have a clean chance to make their voices heard with certainty.

Without this final final the winner this year will forever have an asterisk by their name or car model.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I do not think a withdrawal should have been allowed at this very late stage. Craigt3365 knew full well he was advancing and knew full well he might even win upon entering the finals.

Highly irregular!

I suggest given this mess that this year more than ever the winner of this final has a dark cloud of illigitimacy over their head.

Thus clearly the only way to right this wrong is to take the top two of the finals and do a final final vote between them.

Then the lost votes that Craig threw away and disrespected can have a clean chance to make their voices heard with certainty.

Without this final final the winner this year will forever have an asterisk by their name or car model.

Given the succession of cock ups the only fair way would be to  start again. Or hit it on the head until next year!

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Why would I if I win or come second...?

I have done absolutely nothing except look at my PC screen and read what others are doing...What others do has nothing to do with me..

Tell TRANS what I have done wrong...?

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

Given the succession of cock ups the only fair way would be to  start again. Or hit it on the head until next year!

So you want another Brexit vote too....eyes.gif.c8cde0c77d055f0e103beb222ff6f41b.gif

I have been to the gym every few days for a year to reach the finals and YOU want it cancelled....I may not be alive next year....face..gif.30ebd7a327d4f647392c0cb318079ce9.gif

Just now, owl sees all said:

I voted Craig. What happen to him? If he has left, or chucked out, put in first reserve; evenstevens.

I've wasted my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Dave2 and now Craig so far it would appear there are over 70 votes going begging! 1508561.GIF

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So you want another Brexit vote too....eyes.gif.c8cde0c77d055f0e103beb222ff6f41b.gif

I have been to the gym every few days for a year to reach the finals and YOU want it cancelled....I may not be alive next year....face..gif.30ebd7a327d4f647392c0cb318079ce9.gif

Then you could be given the same award as Dave2 so there is an upside. 1503764.GIF 

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

With Dave2 and now Craig so far it would appear there are over 70 votes going begging! 1508561.GIF

This is unacceptable. Just a dastedely deed. Just not cricket.

Hope I don't lose sleep over this.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Highly irregular!

I suggest given this mess that this year more than ever the winner of this final has a dark cloud of illigitimacy over their head.

When I was nominated for poty, I did not wish to be a candidate and asked for my name to be removed, I was told that it was not possible to do that. Having said that craig chose to remove himself for whatever reason, I care not one jot. 

The candidates we have left seem to be taking this very amicably, not like some of the voters, I guess they must be feeling very uncomfortable at the moment. Can't we go along with this without all the carping, after all it's supposed to be a bit of fun. 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

When I was nominated for poty, I did not wish to be a candidate and asked for my name to be removed, I was told that it was not possible to do that. Having said that craig chose to remove himself for whatever reason, I care not one jot. 

The candidates we have left seem to be taking this very amicably, not like some of the voters, I guess they must be feeling very uncomfortable at the moment. Can't we go along with this without all the carping, after all it's supposed to be a bit of fun. 

It appears that rules are made to be broken and this is certainly he case here,one after the other! 1503456.GIF

22 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Those in the first round would have voted for other candidates if they knew this was going to happen.

You seriously think that this has been done in a fair way?

Yeah, I mean all those that voted for Dave could have vote for me instead.