1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

When I was nominated for poty, I did not wish to be a candidate and asked for my name to be removed, I was told that it was not possible to do that. Having said that craig chose to remove himself for whatever reason, I care not one jot. 

The candidates we have left seem to be taking this very amicably, not like some of the voters, I guess they must be feeling very uncomfortable at the moment. Can't we go along with this without all the carping, after all it's supposed to be a bit of fun. 

sarcastic-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I do not think a withdrawal should have been allowed at this very late stage. Craigt3365 knew full well he was advancing and knew full well he might even win upon entering the finals.

Highly irregular!

I suggest given this mess that this year more than ever the winner of this final has a dark cloud of illegitimacy over their head.

Thus clearly the only way to right this wrong is to take the top two of the finals and do a final final vote between them.

Then the lost votes that Craig threw away and disrespected can have a clean chance to make their voices heard with certainty.

Without this final final the winner this year will forever have an asterisk by their name or car model.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

or...........fighhhhhhht

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

It appears that rules are made to be broken and this is certainly he case here,one after the other! 1503456.GIF

But is it worth all the bad feeling that is being generated. It will not change any of our lives whoever wins. Maybe next year the rules will be more transparent, what I am saying that the candidates that remain have to put up with all this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

When I was nominated for poty, I did not wish to be a candidate and asked for my name to be removed, I was told that it was not possible to do that. Having said that craig chose to remove himself for whatever reason, I care not one jot. 

The candidates we have left seem to be taking this very amicably, not like some of the voters, I guess they must be feeling very uncomfortable at the moment. Can't we go along with this without all the carping, after all it's supposed to be a bit of fun. 

I had no idea I was in this until 2 days ago. Those in the final running should be asked first before proceeding.  IMHO.

We have many, many good members here. Sadly, a few bad ones that tend to ruin it.

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

You do not have our permission to do so! Plus you've been around TVF long enough to understand that negative posts from idiots is part of the landscape, ignore them and continue.

And the award for the "I'm on a very slow internet connection" post of the day goes to...

52 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've been threatened several times and had personal details published.

Sorry to hear this craigt3365. My wife threatens me with death, or worse, every time I say I've no money to give her for a new hand-bag or shoes.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

But is it worth all the bad feeling that is being generated. It will not change any of our lives whoever wins. Maybe next year the rules will be more transparent, what I am saying that the candidates that remain have to put up with all this nonsense.

If I win, I say again if, I would like to run it next year....I have my thoughts about rules etc...

If I don't win then next year l may just post a few of my latest CD songs...:giggle:

Watching the Chiang Mai faction having their knickers in a twist was quite satisfying already. because of how that community allowed Nancy to use their numbers to trash TA's run last year. But now having JT enter the pity party is beyond delightful.

This POTY season is shaping up to be one of the best ever. 2017 karma's revenge.

The way this has been run has disillusioned all of those who voted for dave2 and left those who voted for Craig in the second round with a more difficult process of having to send a PM to Scott in order to revote.

Its a mess so start a new poll and have a fair final.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Lightweight... try upsetting ALL members for a change.

You can upset all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot upset all the people all the time. -something like that anyway. 1503451.GIF

50 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Why weren't those who voted for Dave2 in the second prelim allowed to change their vote when he was removed from the nominations?

But that would have skewed the vote horribly towards the Chiang Mai camp. Why would anyone want to do that? I mean they've probably got the easiest Immigration office coupled with the cleanest air in the realm so they don't need yet another free pass, do they?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But that would have skewed the vote horribly towards the Chiang Mai camp. Why would anyone want to do that? I mean they've probably got the easiest Immigration office coupled with the cleanest air in the realm so they don't need yet another free pass, do they?

1514025.gif

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Watching the Chiang Mai faction having their knickers in a twist was quite satisfying already. because of how that community allowed Nancy to use their numbers to trash TA's run last year. But now having JT enter the pity party is beyond delightful.

This POTY season is shaping up to be one of the best ever. 2017 karma's revenge.

You are a guy with a good memory...10 out of 10....great.gif.74cf32dcb696f1d74891ebb8b5ab666c.gif

PS. It was the year before...

28 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

We have many, many good members here. Sadly, a few bad ones that tend to ruin it.

And so get themselves into position to be POTY. :smile: Hence the recognizably good member should have stayed in for the win.

I don't see prominent hit-and-run basher ezzra up there near the top for some reason. I think getting up early to grab the pole position should count for something. Great strategy as many members don't read beyond the first few posts.

Edited by JSixpack

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Oops, I thought this was the first year of the POTY competition. 1514006.gif

Sounds like the finalists need to be very wary of who is endorsing them now. With the withdrawal of Dave2 and 'retirement' of Craig[insert numbers here], there's probably at least 1 voter who has already had 2 bites of the cherry...

Anyone else remember my 'kiss of death' post?

As the French say, "lawang le saboteur"... or something like that.

20 minutes ago, transam said:

If I win, I say again if, I would like to run it next year....I have my thoughts about rules etc...

If I don't win then next year l may just post a few of my latest CD songs...:giggle:

Who the flack do you think you are... Hugo Chávez?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I do not think a withdrawal should have been allowed at this very late stage. Craigt3365 knew full well he was advancing and knew full well he might even win upon entering the finals.

Highly irregular!

HEAR... HEAR!