• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

It seems the 167 TV'ers that are interested in POTY have voted ?,

how much longer is this to be drawn out,so few posters,posting

so many one liners.

regards Worgeordie

We still have votes to come in from Moldova and Kazachstan yet.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Yes,I would think the Internet speeds are slow there,wonder who

will get the 2 votes ?

regards Worgeordie.

Mmmmmm .... 7,000+ posts and still a dot short ....... obviously, you had one removed .... Do tell!

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Mmmmmm .... 7,000+ posts and still a dot short ....... obviously, you had one removed .... Do tell!

Not as far as I know,I only found out what they were a few days ago,but

still not sure what they represent,? as not a ThaiVisa insider.

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Nancy that is MY cat, Scully. Give her back!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Scott said:

It's a package deal....you have to take the husband or no deal on getting the cat back.  

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Anything to break free of those Royal British Legion socials, eh Nancy?

Sheryl, I thought we resolved all this back in 2014 when I first posted that photo.  That definitely isn't Scully, a female.  It's a male, or rather used to be.  You're welcome to come to Chiang Mai and inspect the private bits yourself.  And Mr. Bitey will be happy to see you, too.  He always likes visitors.

12 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

You are one short of a full quota, and I'd make enquiries with those above regarding what happened to the eighth dot. There is a form to fill in for lost or missing dots, Scott would know about that .....

Edited by geronimo

12 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

You've made more than double the posts I have, and have only one more dot than I. Something wrong there.

13 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Perhaps they would be happier in ChiangMaivisa.com.  Chexit could be on the cards.

If you check out the Chiang Mai subforum, you'll see that are most interesting threads are about our fine, efficient and friendly Immigration office and visa-related questions, so yes we probably could support an entire, stand-alone forum just about dealing with visa and immigration issues in Chiang Mai.

It would need to have a subforum about the great air quality, too.  

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

If you check out the Chiang Mai subforum, you'll see that are most interesting threads are about our fine, efficient and friendly Immigration office and visa-related questions, so yes we probably could support an entire, stand-alone forum just about dealing with visa and immigration issues in Chiang Mai.

It would need to have a subforum about the great air quality, too.  

I heard you were seen giving out leaflets and cucumber sandwiches at the local imm office

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Strictly Cash,never borrowed money in my life.

regards Worgeordie

One of the very few left among us...... cash under the bed or buried in the garden, and why not? The bankers belong right down there, alongside the lawyers.

12 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I heard you were seen giving out leaflets and cucumber sandwiches at the local imm office

Well, yes and taking a few photos of the hoard outside the imm offices  to show other powers-that-be the long queues at zero-dark stupid of the elderly waiting outside in the dark with mozzies, without access to toilets or other comforts.  This was one area of Chiang Mai where Dave2 never ventured to photograph.

These photos and other info were put together into  presentations for the Consular Corp, governor's office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc, generating some hope that conditions would change, but typical of the way things are done here in Thailand, despite my being asked to do all this by the Consular Corp as president of CM Expats Club, it was a case of shoot the messenger.    

Just now, NancyL said:

Well, yes and taking a few photos of the hoard outside the imm offices  to show other powers-that-be the long queues at zero-dark stupid of the elderly waiting outside in the dark with mozzies, without access to toilets or other comforts.  This was one area of Chiang Mai where Dave2 never ventured to photograph.

These photos and other info were put together into  presentations for the Consular Corp, governor's office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc, generating some hope that conditions would change, but typical of the way things are done here in Thailand, despite my being asked to do all this by the Consular Corp as president of CM Expats Club, it was a case of shoot the messenger.    

A call to JT is all it would take .....

57 minutes ago, geronimo said:

A call to JT is all it would take .....

Yes, it did some research on Imm offices in other provinces and it does seem that the Jomtien office is well-run.  And I've got to believe that the foreigners in Pattaya aren't any more polite, better dressed or well-behaved than the ones in Chiang Mai.  Yes, some CM forum posters say that's why our Imm. office is so bad, because the officers don't like dealing with us uncouth foreigners.

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, it did some research on Imm offices in other provinces and it does seem that the Jomtien office is well-run.  And I've got to believe that the foreigners in Pattaya aren't any more polite, better dressed or well-behaved than the ones in Chiang Mai.  Yes, some CM forum posters say that's why our Imm. office is so bad, because the officers don't like dealing with us uncouth foreigners.

Was wondering how you, of all people, lost a dot ......

16 minutes ago, NancyL said:

For sure, uncouth folk never vote for Trans...:giggle:

Where are we in the dash for the line of this riveting finale .? Has any contender put blue water ' twixt thereselves and the chasing pack .? Will there be a last minute flurry of campaigning by protagonists in an attempt to ensure victory .? ( we are still to decide ' its a flock thing indecision ) ..

Does victory enhance ones standing within the community .?

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Where are we in the dash for the line of this riveting finale .? Has any contender put blue water ' twixt thereselves and the chasing pack .? Will there be a last minute flurry of campaigning by protagonists in an attempt to ensure victory .? ( we are still to decide ' its a flock thing indecision ) ..

Well no, but I still have the last two years winning T-shirt that Mrs.Trans wears to clean the house...sad-face.gif.531e58a3632b5edb148bc79204425ef6.gif

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

So many questions .....

The line is more than one week away .....

Many "contenders" stoop to low levels in order to even gain a single place in this hotly contested event.

Always expect a last minute flurry, as passports are grabbed and flights booked.

Victory ensures absolutely nothing, other than the fact that you narrowly beat trans!