Video: "Thailand - land of gangsters" - even official ones

rooster59

Video: "Thailand - land of gangsters" - even official ones

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvOTIzLzQ2MTc0MjIvOC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

A video doing the rounds of social media showed a man seemingly representing a force meant to protect the public actually threatening one of them.

The footage that ended up on the Mem Pho Dam page showed a man get out of a pick-up and advance on a car carrying a gun.

According to the original poster "Cherries Hpy" the incident happened to her brother on the Rangsit to Pathum Thani Road to the north of Bangkok.

It was road rage - the man was claiming that the other car had cut in front of him.

But a sticker on the gun man's pick-up mentioned "Civil Protection Volunteer" in the Thai language. 

Thai posters were quick to condemn the gun man with many saying that Thailand was out of control.

Nutcha Boonmalert spoke for many: "Thailand - it's wild out there".

While Kanya Charoenkul chipped in: "So many gangsters in Thailand". 

Sanook reported on the incident though no mention has yet been made of police action in the matter. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-16

Where are the cops in busting this <deleted>. His rego is clearly identified? If this happened here in Australia this guy would be looking at 2 plus years in gaol IMMEDIATELY and arrested within hours. Oh forgot this is LOS. Forgive and forget especially for those in power!

I was walking past the big gym in Pattaya, when a motorbike rider sped past and a policeman with girl on the back. The first bike made the lights but the police got caught; so what did he do. He pulled his gun out and took aim and was shouting. He didn't take the shot but the fact that he was prepared to pull the gun, if he had clear aim I believe he would have taken the shot. This was peak hour traffic. Strange place.

2 hours ago, car720 said:

The fun side of this is that one day he is going to get out of his car carrying a piece like that and the guy in the other car is going to have his piece out first.:cheesy:

Bigger and more ready to use it. 

They cut me off every minute, motobikes don't have human drivers, in fact they are even less than soidogs.

Has anyone here ever seen a policecar on patrol  stopping  a traffic offender to give him a fine? Me neither, not in 15 years.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

The fun side of this is that one day he is going to get out of his car carrying a piece like that and the guy in the other car is going to have his piece out first.:cheesy:

Ad some unfortunate innocent, who will just happen to be passing by, will be slotted because two egotistical buffoons, whose willies do not come near their sock size, will start spraying bullets around because they don't know what they're doing but they have seen it in a movie.

Cutting in front to stop or turn off is a normal driving occurence here, I cannot understand why they just cannot wait to stop or turn off, it seems to me a mindset of "me first". Big people in steel overcoats.

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

This place is fully out of control, pure madness all round and everyday it gets worse

That's why civilized countries have a legal system including an effective police force. Thailand does not have that. Or well, they have the 7/11 made in china copy version of it. And it's not worth the 12 baht it cost.

21 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Where are the cops in busting this <deleted>. His rego is clearly identified? If this happened here in Australia this guy would be looking at 2 plus years in gaol IMMEDIATELY and arrested within hours. Oh forgot this is LOS. Forgive and forget especially for those in power!

I'm sure that when they get around to it, if an official complaint is lodged, they might trace the driver and invite him to pop in for a friendly chat, when it's convenient of course.

And who knows, he may even get clobbered with a 500 ThB fine.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I'm sure that when they get around to it, if an official complaint is lodged, they might trace the driver and invite him to pop in for a friendly chat, when it's convenient of course.

And who knows, he may even get clobbered with a 500 ThB fine.

Plus a donation for tea money!

Off topic trolling posts and replies have been removed. 

A post containing a video which contained profane language has been removed as per this forum rule:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

A nonsense post commenting on moderation has been removed. 

On 12/16/2017 at 4:16 AM, ratcatcher said:

Whoa there. where is "especially" used in the story?

https://writingexplained.org/whoa-or-woah-difference

In New York City that word for a woman who makes friends easily that begins with "w" is pronounced in it's own NYC way.  This is very confusing to those who have never seen it written in the correct spelling.  The amusing part is when you see "whoa" written on a desk in high school, and as most of you know this word is very important to boys of high school age.  

And then there is that word that begins with "b" that expresses the sentiment that one was born to unmarried parents: that too has it's own unique pronunciation, such that the first time I saw it spelled out properly I didn't recognize the word, though I had heard it countless times before.

I think natives of Boston also have these same spelling-to-pronunciation gaps.

But back to our hero of the hour.

If they catch up to him no doubt he will have a sterling explanation, along the lines of he thought the other driver was a fleeing criminal, or that it wasn't a gun he was carrying, it was a bottle of M-150.