Video: Thai restaurant customers order wheelchair bound foreign tourist to "get out" in foul mouthed rant

webfact

Video: Thai restaurant customers order wheelchair bound foreign tourist to "get out" in foul mouthed rant

wp.jpg

Picture: Workpoint TV

Thai TV showed an angry and foul mouthed rant as Thai customers in a hotel restaurant ordered a wealthy tourist in a wheelchair to "get out".

Workpoint TV suggested that the tourist - clearly a Muslim in a headscarf - had been rude to staff.

The video does not show what led up to the altercation between two male customers as female staff stand by.

But the Thais are clearly furious with one saying he is there to eat and "doesn't want to hear this sort of thing". He is backed up by another customer from a different table who joins him in calls for her to "get out".

It is mentioned that "This is Thailand".

The tourist waves her walking stick saying that he will be sorry and taught a lesson. She yells at people filming to stop.

Sanook in their report called her a wealthy foreigner.

Workpoint TV said, according to a person claiming to be a customer at the time, that the woman in the wheelchair had been trying to use the restaurant to move from one place to another within the hotel. She was not eating there.

The staff said politely that it was not convenient and she should traverse the area by using the hotel walkways.

Then the tourist expressed her dissatisfaction and trouble broke out.

Others apparently said that the Thai men were out of order in their response.

Workpoint said that the altercation occurred in a restaurant in a top end hotel in the Petchaburi Road area of Bangkok.

The footage appeared on the popular Facebook page of Mem Pho Dam.

Source: Workpoint TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-18

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If she wasn't in there to eat she shouldn't have been in there and i agree with the men in telling her to get out , probably trying to use the wheelchair for sympathy just to take a short cut through the hotel and what isn't said is whether she was staying in the hotel . 

Nothing to do with her being Muslim or not just not showing respect .

Edited by keith101

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sanook in their report called her a wealthy foreigner

Is there any other kind?

I wasn't aware customers had any right to throw somebody out of someone else's business. Surely you complain to the staff and let them deal with it no matter where you are in the world.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the woman in the wheelchair had been trying to use the restaurant to move from one place to another within the hotel. She was not eating there.

The staff said politely that it was not convenient and she should traverse the area by using the hotel walkways.

Would the staff have stopped someone walking through?

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You are clearly seeing things different to other people.

How do you know he is a customer?

Why would another customer get so irate and yell at another customer to leave?

Maybe read the story first;

Thai TV showed an angry and foul mouthed rant as Thai customers in a hotel restaurant ordered a wealthy tourist in a wheelchair to "get out".

Workpoint TV suggested that the tourist - clearly a Muslim in a headscarf - had been rude to staff.

The video does not show what led up to the altercation between two male customers as female staff stand by.

But the Thais are clearly furious with one saying he is there to eat and "doesn't want to hear this sort of thing". He is backed up by another customer from a different table who joins him in calls for her to "get out".

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

She is NOT a customer.

According to the article, she uses the restaurant as a thoroughfare only.

22 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

No the  female customer is muslim not the ass that's yelling at her.  

I understand that , but the article says "Workpoint TV suggested that the tourist - clearly a Muslim in a headscarf - had been rude to staff. "

and my point is, why does the tourist that had being rude to staff  need to be identified, as "clearly a Muslim"?? what difference does it make  that she is muslim. 

Perhaps I am missing something .

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I understand that , but the article says "Workpoint TV suggested that the tourist - clearly a Muslim in a headscarf - had been rude to staff. "

and my point is, why does the tourist that had being rude to staff  need to be identified, as "clearly a Muslim"?? what difference does it make  that she is muslim. 

Perhaps I am missing something .

fair enough, it really doesn t matter that she was a female either or that it was in Thailand.  The two women are wearing hajibs so it was evident they are muslims.

When you take a whizz, do you use the men's room or the gender neutral room?  

we all know thais can be the rudest of all...I have seen very very little professionalism here...Thailand would be well advised to make it mandatory for all, in the tourism industry to take classes on how to respect a customer..but hey when you pay peanuts expect monkeys

39 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No not clearly to other people, but the same. He is an irate Thai bearded customer in shorts eating at the restaurant and the Muslim women for what ever they did ticked him off as well as the other Thai gentleman to come and stand in. Rich Muslim women like this have an arrogance about them as they think they can do anything they please. One thing is for sure, don't incite Thai's to be patriotic as we will always come out on the losing end of the stick. I for one am happy top see these foreigners get told a lesson. Serves them right! 

38 minutes ago, mok199 said:

we all know thais can be the rudest of all...I have seen very very little professionalism here...Thailand would be well advised to make it mandatory for all, in the tourism industry to take classes on how to respect a customer..but hey when you pay peanuts expect monkeys

Thai's can be the most forgiving of all... I have seen great restraint being shown by Big C check-out staff when someone abuses the '10-items only' tills, especially the clever-dick foreigners. The most professional and courteous worker I personally witnessed was working the till in Au Bon Pain in Bamrungrad Hosiptal. A couple of middle-eastern ladies and their out-of-control brood of ill-behaved kids who were pawing the pastries while their (assumed) mothers argued the prices of the latte's and the croissants they had already started eating before getting to the cashier.

Once they had paid up and buggered off, with the sweetest of smiles and bob of her head, the cashier apologized to me in English for THEIR rude and unacceptable behavior that they would have also been called for in your so-called civilized countries.

How do you prefer to handle YOUR monkeys BTW?

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

Dont know where your mixing but 15yrs being in Thailand theyve been the nicest people of any country.

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

If she wasn't in there to eat she shouldn't have been in there and i agree with the men in telling her to get out , probably trying to use the wheelchair for sympathy just to take a short cut through the hotel and what isn't said is whether she was staying in the hotel . 

Nothing to do with her being Muslim or not just not showing respect .

Why not politely request instead of telling? Zero points for customer service and look at the end result; plastered all over the worldwide web.