High season in full swing in Pattaya

Rimmer

High season in full swing in Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--It’s beginning to look a lot like high season.

Good weather in Pattaya and winter storms in Europe have meant busy days on local beaches and shopping malls, with big crowds at both places indicating the city is having a good high season so far.

Pattaya Beach was particularly busy Dec. 18 while Jomtien remained steady. Beach vendors were doing great business all around, with people preferring the shade of umbrellas and enjoying foot massages. Friends and families were everywhere and the sea was dotted with swimmers and jet skiers.

Of course, it’s Christmastime, so if Pattaya is going to be busy, it’s going to be in the latter half of December. Vendors and hoteliers can only hope the trend continues once 2018 has been rung in.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/high-season-full-swing-pattaya-197720

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-12-29

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Along with the turds and rubbish slicks :smile:

Congrats that you were able to get that in so quickly! Our other bashers are left merely to echo that and chant the rest of the litany. Next up: the pavements.

TAT propaganda! We all know there's no high season.   

6 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Congrats that you were able to get that in so quickly! Our other bashers are left merely to echo that and chant the rest of the litany. Next up: the pavements.

What !! Have they all been repaired ? :laugh:

41 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

It must be hard when your "only child" has to bear so much criticism.

What with its high profile among foreigners ensuring that it gets all the attention.

If you were to get out of Pattaya once in a while you would know that the comments about the "state" of Pattaya are completely justified.

Because Pattaya, in terms of its "environment", is no less of a s******* than any other provincial Thai city.

It's only worth visiting because of its historically famous "entertainment", which is especially "welcoming" to foreigners (in a way that it is not so "apparent" in other provincial Thai cities).

Oh yeah, the golf courses..........yeah......sure, everyone comes for the golf courses.

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

What with its high profile among foreigners ensuring that it gets all the attention.

It does seem odd that the Pattaya Mail gives any attention to Pattaya, no? Why doesn't it just confine itself to, say, Hua Hin?

If you were to get out of Pattaya once in a while you would know that the comments about the "state" of Pattaya are completely justified.

But those comments are SO very hard to find here! And what if we'd let some ostensibly good news about Pattaya, some nonsensical implication about a high season, just sit there unbashed? Hence congrats to Golden Triangle for the first knee jerk.

And of course it's quite true that those outside of Pattaya know far more about the state of Pattaya than those merely living here. 

So, let's get started on the rest, man!

It's only worth visiting because of its historically famous "entertainment", which is especially "welcoming" to foreigners (in a way that it is not so "apparent" in other provincial Thai cities).

Jeez! If only somebody had thought to tell those hordes of Thais, Chinese, and Russians so continually denounced here. Oh--what hordes?  

Edited by JSixpack

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the <deleted> is Pattaya beach are well justified. And as an aside, in the 6 and a bit years that I have lived here I have travelled extensively and I can assure you that Pattaya is one of the dirtiest places I have been to.   

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the cesspit that is Pattaya beach are well justified. And as an aside, in the 6 and a bit years that I have lived here I have travelled extensively and I can assure you that Pattaya is one of the dirtiest places I have been to.  

And hence Koh Kut is obviously having a REAL high season. If Pattaya would just start emulating Koh Kut, then those Koh Kut mobs of pristine beach lovers, so clearly visible in the pics, would soon abandon it and come once again to the now-deserted, abandoned Pattaya with no high season. Or low season.

All those ruins shown in the Pattaya photo and CGI fake tourists--it's downright depressing. The goose was killed, last nail in the coffin driven all those years ago. TVF Coroners' reports and the obituaries were duly published. Yet the corpse of Pattaya still gets perpetually exhumed, declared DEAD, autopsied, and then reburied again . . . and again . . . and again . . . right up to the present day. Ghoulish, innit? Especially if you don't even live here, LOL.

Here's my simple question: Why can't the dead rest in peace? Instead of ghouls and their rituals, where's the poet, the TVF Thomas Gray to compose a proper meditation on these bleached Pattaya ruins, our Elegy Written in a Drained Cesspool? THAT would be a good read, probably dislodge Money Number One at the top of the Pattaya book list.

Edited by JSixpack

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

And hence Koh Kut is obviously having a REAL high season. If Pattaya would start emulating Koh Kut, then those Koh Kut mobs, clearly visible in the pics, would soon abandon it and come once again to the now-deserted, abandoned Pattaya. All those ruins shown in Pattaya photo and CGI fake tourists--it's downright depressing? The goose was killed, last nail in the coffin driven all those years ago. TVF Coroners' reports and the obituaries were duly published. Yet the corpse of Pattaya still gets perpetually exhumed, declared DEAD, autopsied, and then reburied again . . . and again . . . and again . . . right up to the present day. Ghoulish, innit? Especially if you don't even live here, LOL.

Here's my simple question: Why can't the dead rest in peace? Instead of ghouls and their rituals, where's the poet, the TVF Thomas Gray to compose a proper meditation on these bleached ruins, our Elegy Written in a Drained Cesspool? THAT would be a good read, probably dislodge Money Number One at the top of the Pattaya book list.

That's just it, I do live here LOL Pattaya that is.

Edited by Golden Triangle

13 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

That's just it, I do live here LOL Pattaya that is.

Especially is the operative word there. You're included, man! So, let's get to rest of the list, or you gonna just rest on your laurels now--the turds and rubbish slicks--having primed the pump, so to speak?

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the <deleted> is Pattaya beach are well justified. 

Beautiful beaches indeed! Is there a mid size, fairly Western city full of life, full of international restaurants within walking distance from that beach?

I believe the answer is no.

So I'm going stay in Pattaya, and happily read the usual whining and envy. Makes me feel even better about Pattaya knowing that so many people carry a chip on their soldier about my town :)

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

This is Koh Kut beach January this year, I think that if Pattaya's beach happened to be somewhere close to this it would be a result, the water there is clean and clear and a joy to swim in, I think mine and others criticisms of the <deleted> is Pattaya beach are well justified. And as an aside, in the 6 and a bit years that I have lived here I have travelled extensively and I can assure you that Pattaya is one of the dirtiest places I have been to.   

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

The beach does look lovely but, in January 2017, where are all the tourists?

7 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, does "high season" only last for about one month now?  If so, it must be difficult for businesses to survive for the remaining 11 months. 

It is impossible to have business in Thailand Thai people only working for surviving thanks to government and there corruption 

For meny years Thailand only go down 

8 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The beach does look lovely but, in January 2017, where are all the tourists?

If you click on the photos and enlarge them, in the top one are a maybe 8 - 10 tourists, believe it or not, but behind the tree line are 2 huge resorts, one at either end of the beach, with our smaller resort tucked in between but on the beach, both were very busy, all have quality restaurants, many speed boats come up to the beach and take the happy holiday makers for tours around the island or snorkelling in the many quiet bays, we stayed for 4 days from Tuesday so most people had gone home and we left as the weekend rush started.

I can't remember the name of the other resorts but you can Google I-lay-house or get a map of the island, we were down about 30 km from the main port, on the SE coast if I remember rightly. 

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It is impossible to have business in Thailand Thai people only working for surviving thanks to government and there corruption 

For meny years Thailand only go down 

Yeah, there are no businesses in Thailand. The "working" is only scavenging for garbage now. Just today I saw long lines waiting at the bins on Beach Rd. to grab rotten leftovers if possible.

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

If you click on the photos and enlarge them, in the top one are a maybe 8 - 10 tourists, believe it or not, but behind the tree line are 2 huge resorts, one at either end of the beach, with our smaller resort tucked in between but on the beach, both were very busy, all have quality restaurants, many speed boats come up to the beach and take the happy holiday makers for tours around the island or snorkelling in the many quiet bays, we stayed for 4 days from Tuesday so most people had gone home and we left as the weekend rush started.

I can't remember the name of the other resorts but you can Google I-lay-house or get a map of the island, we were down about 30 km from the main port, on the SE coast if I remember rightly. 

What a busy high season! 8 - 10 tourists! This is indeed major inspiration for Pattaya to go turd-free now to try to match those numbers.

The "busyness" of the TWO "huge" resorts hasn't been verified via the TVF "lights on at night" count, however. I suspect that if our TAT: TVF members can't see any in Pattaya, they certainly can't see any there. And if not--then questions might be raised about the whole efficacy of your turd-free strategy. In fact, some of our heretical members might suggest that adding in some turds and rubbish slicks would attract more tourists than 8 - 10 and create a snowball effect of tourism and development.

Edited by JSixpack

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

They were all driven around in buses, like cattle in a truck, in Pattaya.

Be nice if they were, then I could have walked easily on Beach Rd. today w/o shuffling along fighting the crowds. And the traffic! I discovered that the Pattaya Mail report is indeed correct.

Edited by JSixpack

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, does "high season" only last for about one month now?  If so, it must be difficult for businesses to survive for the remaining 11 months. 

Depends on who you ask. But, yes, there's no low season, hasn't been in more than a decade according to TAT: TVF. That's why during the rest of the year the whole city looks abandoned except for a few ragged skeletons wandering about searching for scraps to eat.

11 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Well there are more people in Pattaya than low season, bars full, beaches crowded, restaurants busy, so whats the name for this time of year if it isn't high season - busy season? 

14 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

In todays Telegraph there is an article with a couple of pics of a beach in Bali, seems they pick up a 100 tons of plastic a day! from three beaches,a river on the island is reported to be the most polluted on the planet.Kho kut looks great shame about the name guess what kut is in Dutch.

10 hours ago, Franko666 said:

Well there are more people in Pattaya than low season, bars full, beaches crowded, restaurants busy, so whats the name for this time of year if it isn't high season - busy season? 

You're quite right, Franko666. I'm merely winding up our haters, bashers, whingers, doomsters, and finger pointers who infest this forum devoted to our beloved cesspool. I'd expected more of them to turn out, apply the authoritative TVF Eyeballs rule (most are terminally near-sighted), and recite from the long list of Pattaya Evils to deny there can possibly be a high season and decry the crowds that enjoy it. Maybe they've got their fill already for 2017 or are hung over from holiday cheer. But there's next year! :smile: