Tourists' tears of grief as friend "ignores warnings" and falls at Samui waterfall

rooster59

9 hours ago, alex8912 said:

This forum is for different opinions on many topics and you have a different opinion. So what. There are different opinions on every thread so you will be busy today. Posts for the mere mention of some pretty silly terms are reported all the time on here AND the posts are even removed. Did you ever experience that? 

If you have to threaten people with removal of their posts just because they offend your delicate feelings, then perhaps a public forum is not the place for you. Please respect opinions that disagree with yours. Don't be an obnoxious bully or scream for censorship to anyone who doesn't agree 100% with you.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, alex8912 said:

You have to be drunk or joking! 

Can you see the anguish in that dead mans friends eyes??  Do you actually think showing the dead mans body is going to deter someone from doing something similar?  There is absolutely no reason TVF needs to show the dead mans body. They could and should just white it out like so many other pics on here. I did report it as well earlier. The story itself is enough to deter someone. Look at his friends eyes/ face!!  All you can say is "why not" 

That is souless. Imagine if that man was your friend or son or brother!  

Not sure why you think you can come to Thailand and tell people what they "should" do, in Buddhism death is considered a part of life and people are encouraged to observe all aspects of life. 

• Confused 1

His body is in good shape for falling 300 mtrs.....there are photos of a guy in Pattaya who fell off a 4th floor balcony in worse shape....and survived

and no one is screaming to have his photo taken off the forum !!!

I am sure there are no waterfalls in Thailand that are 300 mtrs = nearly 1,000 feet high.

Thi Lo Su Waterfall in TAK province is listed as highest at 250 mtrs but is in several stages...no direct drop.

Edited by lonewolf99

4 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

His body is in good shape for falling 300 mtrs.....there are photos of a guy in Pattaya who fell off a 4th floor balcony in worse shape....and survived

and no one is screaming to have his photo taken off the forum !!!

I am sure there are no waterfalls in Thailand that are 300 mtrs = nearly 1,000 feet high.

Thi Lo Su Waterfall in TAK province is listed as highest at 250 mtrs but is in several stages...no direct drop.

Bad reporting, it's 80m

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 11:55 PM, chippendale said:

Enough already. Get a grip on yourself. The anguish on his friend's face will make us think twice before ignoring warnings at dangerous places such as waterfalls.

Statistics of Thai road fatalities may be easily ignored as just a bunch of numbers, but gruesome pictures of road carnage help to remind me to stay sober and alert whilst out driving. Every day we risk our lives in Thailand.

I tend to agree with you. I did a similar thing years back in Samui and just think to myself " whata bloody idiot " I was. True life shocking pictures although unnerving get the message across.

On 30/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, 4MyEgo said:

RIP,  a hell of a long way to fall, and at a very young age, sad for his mates, even more sad for his family who have received the news from abroad.

As tragic as this is, orders of magnitude more people lose their lives on the roads every day and we get a few days a year crackdown on  helmets or drunk driving....