Congratulations: Poster-of-the-Year, 2017

Scott

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got that old lady who collects rubbish to be your make up girl, and there'll be a team from National Geographic with you at all times (to do with the up and coming "Life of a POTY winner" documentary that'll be out on PPV) .....

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

but looking at things from the bright side, you will be allowed a visit to Area 54 .....

I think his nightclubbing days might be behind him...

Edited by baboon

Cover. Schmover. My guess is that like Jack Benny's violin playing jokes which lasted forever, come December 2018  when it is next year's POTY we will still be hearing jokes about Trans:

"Of courser he sings -- Trust Me. I know someone who says that he had someone tell him that a friend of someone he knows had a friend who heard him sing."

Just now, geronimo said:

We got that old lady who collects rubbish to be your make up girl, and there'll be a team from National Geographic with you at all times (to do with the up and coming "Life of a POTY winner" documentary that'll be out on PPV) .....

And for the rest of us .... he'll be so busy, no time for singing ....

Just now, JLCrab said:

Cover. Schmover. My guess is that like Jack Benny's violin playing jokes which lasted forever, come December 2018  when it is next year's POTY we will still be hearing jokes about Trans:

"Of courser he sings -- Trust Me. I know someone who says that he had someone tell him that a friend of someone he knows had a friend who heard him sing."

JLC just sees straight through the smoke and mirrors ..... 

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

It's like the Indian rope trick. Nobody has ever actually seen it...

A few closing thoughts

I think for next year we need to fix a few things. I wonder if some web minded person can tell us how difficult it would be to run a poll outside of the forum software. A simple page that could be a sub-directory of Thai visa, requires a TV log in, and can handle a poll with more parameters. But importantly is not restricted by the forum software.

-Nominations could be entered and stored, no need for someone to keep track and post the results.

-Polls would be unlimited in number of members to vote for.

- Multi voting would be a available. Being able to vote for (for instance) your four favorites would give a more honest representation of who the true favorites are. Everybody's second favorite can be a better winner than a few people's first favorite. Currently someone wins when they get the highest percentage of single votes. This favors voting blocks and polarizes the poll. Alternatively, if someone appears on  nearly all of the people's list of favorites, even though he might be most people's second or third favorite. He would be more liked overall and a better POTY.

-Vote changing would be possible. Pure entertainment as this rise and fall of contestants fortunes continues to force increasingly more creative campaigning. And the end would be a guaranteed clickfest as the suspense and drama would be exhilarating

Probably some more things could be considered, but the important thing is most of this could be managed by some fairly simple code.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

A few closing thoughts

I think for next year we need to fix a few things. I wonder if some web minded person can tell us how difficult it would be to run a poll outside of the forum software. A simple page that could be a sub-directory of Thai visa, requires a TV log in, and can handle a poll with more parameters. But importantly is not restricted by the forum software.

-Nominations could be entered and stored, no need for someone to keep track and post the results.

- Multi voting would be a available. Being able to vote for (for instance) your four favorites would give a more honest representation of who the true favorites are. Everybody's second favorite can be a better winner than a few people's first favorite. Currently someone wins when they get the highest percentage of single votes. This favors voting blocks and polarizes the poll. Alternatively, if someone appears on  nearly all of the people's list of favorites, even though he might be most people's second or third favorite. He would be more liked overall and a better POTY.

-Vote changing would be possible. Pure entertainment as this rise and fall of contestants fortunes continues to force increasingly more creative campaigning. And the end would be a guaranteed clickfest as the suspense and drama would be exhilarating

Probably some more things could be considered, but the important thing is most of this could be managed by some fairly simple code.

You mentioned vote changing.... nothing about vote buying? I guess that's a given in Thailand .....

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

A few closing thoughts

I second that .... but we'd need more than one commentator ...

Edited by geronimo

Our children will ask us what it was like to have electricity sockets, and what was cursive writing used for. Trans, like all of us, has to move with the times, and the day that PTT station up the road closes, he will garage his V8 for the last time .....

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

If you're wondering why I'm still here, it states clearly in the contract ... "until the tiara is placed upon the head."

Scott is in transit as we speak.....My top notch microphone has been tuned in anticipation....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.7822b5ceece45ecb4215ae13e72b175b.gif

Maybe Scott or Trans scan sing like those honkies from Texas but what about this?

BTW I have no words to eat. It isn't that I think Trans can't sing. I just wonder what it is why he can post all those singing emoticons everyday that he posts ON HERE but he doesn't want anyone to hear him sing ON HERE.

Edited by JLCrab

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Maybe Scott or Trans scan sing like those honkies from Texas but what about this?

BTW I have no words to eat. It isn't that I think Trans can't sing. I just wonder what it is why he can post all those singing emoticons everyday that he posts ON HERE but he doesn't want anyone to hear him sing ON HERE.

First you're Elvis. Then you're Gene Kelly. Then Roy Orbison... and now you're Marlon Brando who as best as I ever hear could barelyt sing a note. Sinatra called him Mumbles in Guys and dolls.

Edited by JLCrab