Women pinned in car after slamming into parked Phuket tour bus

Jonathan Fairfield

Women pinned in car after slamming into parked Phuket tour bus

ph1.jpg

PHUKET: Two women are safe after the car they were travelling slammed into the back of a tour bus parked by the side of Thepkrasattri Rd, Phuket’s busiest road, in the early hours this morning (Jan 2).

Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police was informed of the accident, near Wat Mueang Mai in Thalang District, at 1:25am.

Police and rescue workers arrived to find a grey Toyota Yaris jammed into the back of a white tour bus, and the two women still trapped inside.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/women-pinned-in-car-after-slamming-into-parked-phuket-tour-bus-65377.php#MDFIj1fC6se21q7k.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-02

Ms Preyapon told us that she crashed into the bus because another car had crashed into hers,” Capt Kraisorn said. (Link)

yer right.... it looks to me like she smashed pretty squarely ( within ten degrees?)  into the back of the bus, which was parked on the road shoulder.

it also looks like no damage to the rear of her vehicle.... especially compared to the front end, which is not what I would have expected from a car being shunted into a bus ( the opposite actually)

and.... no skid marks

193F09CA-1D0F-43C1-BDB0-16B9BF75313F.png

43 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Ms Preyapon told us that she crashed into the bus because another car had crashed into hers,” Capt Kraisorn said. (Link)

yer right.... it looks to me like she smashed pretty squarely ( within ten degrees?)  into the back of the bus, which was parked on the road shoulder.

it also looks like no damage to the rear of her vehicle.... especially compared to the front end, which is not what I would have expected from a car being shunted into a bus ( the opposite actually)

and.... no skid marks

You're not saying she's telling a porkie are you?

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

and.... no skid marks

Only the women's laundry will know about the skid marks. 

Ms Preyapon has to be an idiot to offer such an idiotic "excuse" for her incompetence.

12 hours ago, farcanell said:

and.... no skid marks

ABS does not necessarily leave skid marks or even feint skid marks that would be visible in a photo taken at night!

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Try reading the reason for her hitting the bus.

Yes her reason,the Police dont seem that convinced,

you hear all kinds of reason's from people that have

accidents,but rarely do they admit it's their fault.

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Who's not paying attention?  Read the link.

The driver of the car.

Of course, she could be being truthful.

Oh really? Do you think that 'accepting responsibility' is an honourable trait among drivers in the Kingdom? :whistling:

ABS does not necessarily leave skid marks or even feint skid marks that would be visible in a photo taken at night!

Read 'farcanell's" third line.

And try to develop a little sense of humour please. I suspect Enlish is not your first language and if so, I could understand. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Yes her reason,the Police dont seem that convinced,

you hear all kinds of reason's from people that have

accidents,but rarely do they admit it's their fault.

regards worgeordie

There was no indication in the report that the police did not believe her.

"...but rarely do they admit it's their fault"

Why should anyone admit liability at that stage?  You do know that insurance companies always tell those involved in accidents not to admit liability, don't you?

20 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

The driver of the car.

Oh really? Do you think that 'accepting responsibility' is an honourable trait among drivers in the Kingdom? :whistling:

Read it again, she claims she was hit by another vehicle, and that has not been disproved yet.

Ever read a car insurance policy regarding admission of liability?  Give your insurer a ring and ask if you should admit fault if you're involved in a accident.

20 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Read 'farcanell's" third line.

And try to develop a little sense of humour please. I suspect Enlish is not your first language and if so, I could understand. 

"yer right.... it looks to me like she smashed pretty squarely ( within ten degrees?)" 

That's his 3rd line, how does that explain anything except conjecture?   Even if, on the face of it, it did explain something, has he examined the scene forensically to be able to make that assessment and be correct about it?

"And try to develop a little sense of humour please. I suspect Enlish is not your first language and if so, I could understand".

How does a sense of humour justify the condemnation of this woman's claim about the accident for no reason, except the usual gratuitous Thaivisa bias?

You are right about my first language, though,  it most definitely is not Enlish [sic] but there's every chance that it is yours.

19 hours ago, farcanell said:

and.... no skid marks

Look at the photo again. There is a significant dent next to her rear lights.

I remind you that a pitting action need not leave damage. It is merely a question of a nudge in the right place and   off the road  you go.

55 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why should anyone admit liability at that stage?  You do know that insurance companies always tell those involved in accidents not to admit liability, don't you?

You are really defending this woman,is she a relative ? ,and the excuses range

from wet road,narrow road,someone else,sun in the eyes,and the famous

brake failure,so you can see why I am sceptical,but keep on your crusade.

until someone crashes into you, THEN it will be your fault.!

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Look at the photo again. There is a significant dent next to her rear lights.

I remind you that a pitting action need not leave damage. It is merely a question of a nudge in the right place and   off the road  you go.

Do you mean the horizontal gouge a foot above the wheel arch, which I think would have been damaged (wheel arch/faring) because it protrudes significantly from the body shape of the vehicle?

A PIT maneuver is not all roses.... in ideal situations, it may result in insignificant damage, but you must consider that PITing isn’t recommended against vehicles moving faster than 55 k, (USA) unless the occupants of the vehicle have committed a crime that justifies using lethal force against all of them.... because it’s a dangerous maneuver, likely to mess all kinds of s*** up.

but.... it is possible that she got scraped... panicked, and jumped completely onto the road verge... then plowed squarely into the rear of the bus without having slowed down significantly, following the original scrape 

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Lmao... no way are you that naive!

in reports were the often sited “brake failure” is used.... there is never any comment about police not believing the story.... example of blind acceptance of statements abound. Wether this is because they are blindly accepted, or simply not commented on, I cannot say... but the example remains.

and the blame game... as in blame someone else... is a reoccurring theme in these pages....., so ..... what we naturally expect, is that the driver of the wreck blames someone else.... BINGO, 

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Lmao... no way are you that naive!

in reports were the often sited “brake failure” is used.... there is never any comment about police not believing the story.... example of blind acceptance of statements abound. Wether this is because they are blindly accepted, or simply not commented on, I cannot say... but the example remains.

and the blame game... as in blame someone else... is a reoccurring theme in these pages....., so ..... what we naturally expect, is that the driver of the wreck blames someone else.... BINGO, 

she preyupon the hope for blind aceptance

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"yer right.... it looks to me like she smashed pretty squarely ( within ten degrees?)" 

That's his 3rd line, how does that explain anything except conjecture?   Even if, on the face of it, it did explain something, has he examined the scene forensically to be able to make that assessment and be correct about it?

"And try to develop a little sense of humour please. I suspect Enlish is not your first language and if so, I could understand".

How does a sense of humour justify the condemnation of this woman's claim about the accident for no reason, except the usual gratuitous Thaivisa bias?

You are right about my first language, though,  it most definitely is not Enlish [sic] but there's every chance that it is yours.

Now now weird one.... Worry not, all is as it seems. (If you look from the right direction)

“yer right.....” etc etc.... is my very first line. Above that is a quotation from the OP link ( not my line)..... and no, I have not attended the scene, interviewed witnesses, examined the roadway or taken paint scrapings from the wrecked car to confirm her highly creditable story. It’s a layman’s observation based almost entirely on watching CSI reruns ( with a little actual experience of crashing cars.... bad boy that I am) and a little reading

regards having a sense of humor..... well.... dude, you gotta have a sense of humor.... especially when reading about Thai justifications for an accident.

This isn’t nessesarily thai bashing.... I would have said the same, regardless of who or what was driving the wreck. It’s bullshitter bashing, if you actually need to put a name to it.

and... ABS systems, when activated under heavy braking ( as One would expect to see prior to smashing into a parked bus) does leave marks on the road.... very distinctive marks. It looks like Morse code on da road

Admittedly these are usually fainter than skids with ABS, so harder to see at night.... but not impossible, especially in well lite areas, or when examined on site.... so an (experienced) ( see... need humor) cop would know. No?

Anyway, opinions are free... as is your right to express them... so carry on

95B35F6A-08F5-4ED0-AB8F-AFCD95327BAD.jpeg

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Read it again, she claims she was hit by another vehicle, and that has not been disproved yet.

Ever read a car insurance policy regarding admission of liability?  Give your insurer a ring and ask if you should admit fault if you're involved in a accident.

Sheesh - look at the picture of the rear of her car! Get any clues from that?

Just to assist you, the amount of damage to the front of the car would take a lot of force from the rear and that is not evident!

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Apologies for not checking my spelling.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

You are really defending this woman,is she a relative ? ,and the excuses range

from wet road,narrow road,someone else,sun in the eyes,and the famous

brake failure,so you can see why I am sceptical,but keep on your crusade.

until someone crashes into you, THEN it will be your fault.!

regards Worgeordie

I'm defending her because at this stage none of the mocking and cynical accusations from posters like you have been shown to have any credibility.  What if she was a relative, what difference would that make to an objective view of this thread?

She made no assertions that the sun was in her eyes, that the road was narrow or wet or that her brakes failed, what are you talking about?  It seems that the crusade is yours, not mine.

I'm going along with the only evidence that has been reported, you're one of those speculating wildly, so far.

"until someone crashes into you, THEN it will be your fault.!"

Can explain what that nonsense means?