F1 2018

Basil B

On 9/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, Spidey said:

If you want a young, exiting, world class driver that would give Vettel a serious challenge......Max Verstappen.

Leclerc probably got the shout because he was already on Ferrari's books, Sauber runs the Ferrari engine and a straight swap with Kimi would be simple contractually, but I would love to see Verstappen in a Ferrari. 

Vettel and Verstappen in the same team. Not a chance.

m

Just now, Mosha said:

How long as Vettel been the team manager? It's never his fault.

Well he's clearly the team manager now. I don't think Arrivabene is very happy with him.

Vettel gets the boot and is replaced by Verstappen?

16 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Awesome controlled race by Hamilton and Mercedes. Fiat seem to be imploding again both tactically and with Vettel sounding ever more desperate.

The linedance was well controlled by Hamilton, but it wasn't a race. 

There was one exciting moment, when Hamilton and Max had to overlap the last racers.  Before and after that just boring driving around.

While Singapore and Monaco are pretty places to have 'races', those are rather boring for spectators to watch.

Hopefully Russia will give us a better race in couple of weeks.

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

Neither would Hamilton be happy with Arriva, hes more moody than any other boss. 

Hamilton and Verstappen at Ferrari, now there's a thought! Hamilton wouldn't have a problem as he tends to trust team orders.

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Lewis would destroy Vettel in the same cars... 

Vettel was only good at Redbull because they were so dominant.

You Brits start to sounds like Sky Sports ?

603197401_download(3).jpeg.eba2071dd1f54ab745a3a0022ad626ee.jpeg

Just now, oilinki said:

You Brits start to sounds like Sky Sports ?

603197401_download(3).jpeg.eba2071dd1f54ab745a3a0022ad626ee.jpeg

We like Kimi too! It's just the Germans that us Brits have a problem with. Didn't like Rosberg either. Two world wars and one world cup and all that.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

We like Kimi too! It's just the Germans that us Brits have a problem with. Didn't like Rosberg either. Two world wars and one world cup and all that.

Hey, Rosberg was a Finn (When he won, during losses Germany can keep him). 

I actually like Vettel. He is the funniest and probably sharpest driver out there at least during the interviews.

I like Riccardo as well, Mr Eternal Sunshine. The shoey is utterly disgusting, but I guess it goes with the territory.

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

Plus 5 cycling Grand Tours in a row ?

We saved the best until last. 2018 Le Tour was the best ever. I had tears of joy when Geraint Evans was first across the line at Alpe d'Huez. Epic.

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm Cornish... Max Verstappen would also destroy Vettel in same machinery, as will Charles LeClerc...

Max is great for the current F1. It's good to have a bit more aggressive drivers on the track. Otherwise the races are quite boring. 

I must say, that I'm currently a bit disappointed of Bottas. He should become far more aggressive than what he is now. Too vanilla. 

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Hey, Rosberg was a Finn (When he won, during losses Germany can keep him). 

I actually like Vettel. He is the funniest and probably sharpest driver out there at least during the interviews.

I like Riccardo as well, Mr Eternal Sunshine. The shoey is utterly disgusting, but I guess it goes with the territory.

Shuey was arrogant, but when you're the best driver ever, I guess you're allowed to be.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Shuey was arrogant, but when you're the best driver ever, I guess you're allowed to be.

He is not talking about Michael Schumacher...

The Shoey is the drinking of champagne from their race shoe on the podium ?

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spidey said:

Hamilton and Verstappen at Ferrari, now there's a thought! Hamilton wouldn't have a problem as he tends to trust team orders.

Just thinking what it would take to prize Lewis away from Mercedes, he is a loyal guy to his team, think they will have to more than double his current contract of £40 mil

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Just thinking what it would take to prize Lewis away from Mercedes, he is a loyal guy to his team, think they will have to more than double his current contract of £40 mil

He was even more loyal to Ron Denis and McLaren. Lewis will go where it suits him best. Every driver wants to drive for Ferrari at some point in their career.

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Destroy might not be the right word to use when it comes to Max 555

But I very much doubt if Charles LeClerc will be given the opportunity to beat Vettel.  History proves it, just like Barrichelo and Massa before Raikkonen.  Second place to support their favored ones whether it be Schumacher or Vettel.   That is Ferrai's modus operandi .   But another season without a championship,  either driver or constructor which this season is now looking like,  then I suspect CL will not have to wait too long before Vettel retires which I would guess would be next season if he still does not win anything by then either.

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

then I suspect CL will not have to wait too long before Vettel retires which I would guess would be next season if he still does not win anything by then either.

Vettel is contracted to Ferrari until the end of 2020, but if he keeps using his car as a dodgem and keeps spouting off I can see them letting him go as long as he does not race for anyone else.