Cash envelopes containing THB200,000 stolen from newlyweds’ bedroom

webfact

Cash envelopes containing THB200,000 stolen from newlyweds’ bedroom

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

File photo of a cash envelope. Photo: Brian Jeffery Beggerly/ Flickr

A couple, who just got married on Sunday, said their Chonburi home was broken into and the thief allegedly stole all of the cash envelopes they received as gifts from wedding guests.

The husband and wife, Jirayuth Kiewpan and Chalarak Siwarak, told police that all of the sealed cash envelopes, which they estimated to be valued at THB200,000, were stolen from their closet yesterday.

Arunee Sirilak, Jirayuth’s mother, said she was looking after the house as the couple went to celebrate with Chalarak’s family in Samut Prakarn, but Arunee was sleeping when the burglar allegedly broke in, CH7 News reported.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/cash-envelopes-containing-thb200000-stolen-newlyweds-bedroom/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-01-09

The mother in law,or at least someone who was at the wedding,

and knew about the envelopes,wild guess at 200.000 THB i would

think,some cheap charlies might have just put 20 THB in.

So the marriage is off to a good start,very unfortunate.

regards worgeordie

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Not really geordie...... the bride was heard to tell her hubby "sorry no money..no honey" :cheesy:

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The mother in law,or at least someone who was at the wedding,

and knew about the envelopes,wild guess at 200.000 THB i would

think,some cheap charlies might have just put 20 THB in.

regards worgeordie

As the donors now know that the envelopes have vanished, I am guessing estimates of the total will be going up.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As the donors now know that the envelopes have vanished, I am guessing estimates of the total will be going up.

Usually at a Thai wedding the amount given is noted down at the time.

Anyway, it was the groom's mother, obvious, "sleeping" pah! Recouping the sin sot, no doubt.

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Usually at a Thai wedding the amount given is noted down at the time.

Anyway, it was the groom's mother, obvious, "sleeping" pah! Recouping the sin sot, no doubt.

I thought they were sealed and had remained sealed.

Maybe using a bank and another place for the gold would have been a better idea.

Some people are too trusting of their relatives, friends, and other locals. Just saying.

My friend got married in Buri Ram long ago and we safe guarded the loot until they were

able to get the cash to the bank, and the gold got moved to a safe of a rich relative who

had paid security at his business.

Geezer

And then they caught the thieves and they said, 200K you must be joking, we took 20 million and left a multiple behind because our truck wasn't big enough to carry it all.

At least that is how it happened a few years ago with the low paid government official.

18 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

any  wedding I have been at the envelopes are opened and the money counted at a table for two. One opens and counts, the other rights it down in the book

I've never seen the envelopes being opened at the venue - that would seen poor taste. 

At our wedding the Boxes containing the envelopes were taken by my Brother in Law (who kept the boxes in the boot of his car) a few days later my Mother in Law counted it all and noted down who paid what. 

I've always wondered - At some of the bigger weddings in Bangkok the envelope money amounts to more than a Million Baht - I'm surprised there have not been more robberies.